Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Re: iron levels, mine was a 10 when they checked it in the 2nd tri. They weren't concerned about it, they said it was borderline and to just make sure I'm taking my prenatals and getting it in my diet. But didn't need an extra supplement.

Oh I had pretty low BP when they checked today. 101/75. I've never seen it that low. I don't think I'm dehydrated but maybe? Could exhaustion cause that?

Would be great if it is a sign, we'll see. Don't want to get my hopes up too much!! Think I've well & truly overdone the pineapple now, just ate half a small one & my mouth is burning!! Raspberry leaf tea next!!

Glad you've made some good progress, I've heard there's something chemical that happens at night which makes labour more likely to start then or progress so tonight could well be the night!!

Oh I had pretty low BP when they checked today. 101/75. I've never seen it that low. I don't think I'm dehydrated but maybe? Could exhaustion cause that?

I have read before that low blood pressure and fatigue are linked together. So yeah, prob because you didn't sleep hardly at all! Sounds like good news on the 3-4 cm! :thumbup: Hopefully you can get some rest today in case everything waits for tonight again. Was Nicholas a night labor? Mine are always early morning :shrug: Not exactly sure why?

Steph & Laura- thanks for the updates on Iron levels...I am still not positive what's going on with me but usually I have loads of energy at least spurts of it and can get tons accomplished in short periods of time. It has been days now and I hardly have enough energy to do what I need to and I am always yawning and wishing for a nap. I did call the hospital last night and chatted with an LPN and she told me 11.3 was too low :wacko: so I have no clue at this point :shrug:

Re: iron levels, mine was a 10 when they checked it in the 2nd tri. They weren't concerned about it, they said it was borderline and to just make sure I'm taking my prenatals and getting it in my diet. But didn't need an extra supplement.

What did you use dietary wise to get it into your system? red meat? Beans? I have been considering if I need to add anything to my diet...

Coy- I think a lot of it has to do with your responsibilities an extra stress right now... that would make anyone exhausted regardless of their iron level. Make sure you are eating enough as food=energy!

Laura- I ate lots of pineapple and drank double strength RLT the last few days... something to do with it? Who knows. But the acupuncture might have helped too.

Yes it is the oxytocin that increases at night, peaking between the hours of 1-3am... which is why there are many births in the early morning.

That's actually a really healthy bp, even more so considering you're in labour. Anything between 70 & 80 is good for our age range. For me when I'm tired my bp is higher, when I first went on the meds and it brought it down to the 60's it then made me feel tired. So not sure if they relate the other way.

DH & I wondered if my increase in bp is also a sign of things happening imminently. Even taking an extra tablet midday ( increasing my daily dose by 50%) I'm still getting some high readings, it's not gone down like it did when I first went on them. Got a check up with a mw tomorrow at the request of the hospital & DH is convinced I'm going to end up in hospital again!! I think that'll only happen if my urine isn't clear, fingers crossed it will be!

I just tried to eat more red meat and leafy greens.... and be even better about remembering to take my prenatals, cause I wasn't the greatest at that. Also, there are pregnancy teas out there with herbs that carry a lot of essential nutrients and vitamins... herbs like Alfalfa, Nettle, Raspberry Leaf, Oatstraw, etc...

Coy- I think a lot of it has to do with your responsibilities an extra stress right now... that would make anyone exhausted regardless of their iron level. Make sure you are eating enough as food=energy!

Laura- I ate lots of pineapple and drank double strength RLT the last few days... something to do with it? Who knows. But the acupuncture might have helped too.

Yes it is the oxytocin that increases at night, peaking between the hours of 1-3am... which is why there are many births in the early morning.

Coy - I agree fully with Steph!

I have to drink the tea pretty weak as I don't like it strong. I try to have 3-4 large mugs a day. Actually thinking about it my bh have only started since the rlt & pineapple, so maybe there is something to it?!

Re: food = energy...True! But I have no appetite lately :shrug: I will eata piece of toast in the morning and maybe drink a glass of milk then I easily seem to forget until like 4 pm or some dumb thing when I get super weak and shaky ... I'm not sure why but you could be right--maybe I am just driving myself hard? I used to do that when I worked, just go, go, go....then I'd remember I had worked 13 hours straight and forgot to even drink water :dohh: So I think I need to refocus my diet plan to include a timer! :haha:

Btw when the lady checked my iron the other say she also checked my weight and it said I was at 136...hoping that's not to high for now. I started at 122 as doc told me not to lose any weight. So I think 14 pounds at this point is okay.

Coy - I agree fully with Steph!

I have to drink the tea pretty weak as I don't like it strong. I try to have 3-4 large mugs a day. Actually thinking about it my bh have only started since the rlt & pineapple, so maybe there is something to it?!

Prob is something to it- hey, I LOVE pineapple so will have no prob digign into one come about 36 weeks :haha: I wonder if you ladies look at pineapple now and feel :sick: though! :haha:

I was thinking for the top number, 101, that's pretty low. The top number is the one I think Dr's look at more here... She did say it was low, but wasn't concerned, just told me to drink more water...

I was thinking for the top number, 101, that's pretty low. The top number is the one I think Dr's look at more here... She did say it was low, but wasn't concerned, just told me to drink more water...

I have read that is actually a very good bp...but if you start to feel dizzy or anything to drink more water, etc, as your mw instructed. Not sure what mine is at this point, maybe I should go check? :haha:

I love pineapple too, so not a problem for me! Oh and something about mangoes too, also helpful for bringing on labor.

Coy, you really should make eating a priority on your schedule. Even if you're not hungry (and stress causes you to not have an appetite) you should still force yourself to eat a snack every couple hours. Not eating can also create more stress as well (vice versa) because and then your adrenal glands are fatigued...

I love pineapple too, so not a problem for me! Oh and something about mangoes too, also helpful for bringing on labor.

Coy, you really should make eating a priority on your schedule. Even if you're not hungry (and stress causes you to not have an appetite) you should still force yourself to eat a snack every couple hours. Not eating can also create more stress as well (vice versa) because and then your adrenal glands are fatigued...

See, I knew you ladies had lots more body-knowledge than I did! :haha: I never considered food=stress too...I will try to remember :dohh:

Lol, I just wandered into the living room for a second and found dh sitting in the reclining chair with two girls asleep on him :haha: Serves him right, lol. What are daddies for if not to sleep on? :haha:

ok so i couldn't take it anymore called the dr. to get my results and i o'd:happydance: looking good so far concidering my pregesterone was 3.6 before clomid and now it's 10.6 so i o'd so excited now just waiting till the 29th to test again as i was impatient and tested today with bfn that was before i got my results but thought what the hey i was feeling yucky last night and this morning so i tried but def looking forward to testing again fingers crossed for a bfp birthday surprise

ok so i couldn't take it anymore called the dr. to get my results and i o'd:happydance: looking good so far concidering my pregesterone was 3.6 before clomid and now it's 10.6 so i o'd so excited now just waiting till the 29th to test again as i was impatient and tested today with bfn that was before i got my results but thought what the hey i was feeling yucky last night and this morning so i tried but def looking forward to testing again fingers crossed for a bfp birthday surprise

Yay! That is truely an accomplishment :thumbup: And such a relief! I am excited for you- officially in the tww now :thumbup: Let's see, that'd put testing day anywehere around...well, yeah, you said it- the 29th :) Sweet, I remember my first positive opk I was stunned, lol, and properly addicted to poas by then :haha:

Darn, you know, you'd think with bb's this sore and swollen feeling and tender that I'd have gained a visible cup or two in size! :growlmad: Not so, ugh....how annoying :haha:

Steph- how is everything? I am assuming that you are sleeping- or rushing to the hospital :haha: GL and keep us updated! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->