Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Hi ladies! Well, so far it has been a really good day. Fun even! :thumbup: I planned to walk witht he girls to the park and last minute dh decided to join us so it was much funner than planned :) We had a nice long family walk and they played for an hour or so then walked back. Then they played in the sprinkler while I fixed dinner :roll: lol. Then I transplanted some flowers that look just this side of death :haha: hoping they revive :shrug:..what else...Oh, did some more work in The Room :rofl: The problem is they have aquired through big-sister-little-sister hand-me-downs (Teagens old clothes) so many clothes we cannot fit them all in the dresser or large closet. So I am stumped at the moment but working slowly through it. I am thinking outfit triage? :haha: Start sorting the stained, too small, etc and wither packing for the next LO or donating. One way or the other I have to MAKE SOME SPACE lol!

Oh, and I am setting their room up with a dvd player and a small tv so that they can watch their favorite cartoons once or twice a week "on their own" :) New baby on the way so I want them to feel special too and not left out iykwim?

Personally, I'd donate the clothing :)

Question to everyone: Would you or have you ever donated your breast milk?

I hope to be a large producer of milk so I can donate! I'm a BIG supporter of informed sharing (meaning mom to mom pretty much) as well as to milk banks. I feel like anyone who needs breast milk should get it. I hope if I make enough to donate I can find someone local who could use my excess milk to supplement their own milk or to feed an adopted baby!

I have heard of it but never did participate. I am always so danged busy running around I end up not pumping :( I know if I pumped twice in between feeding I would produce that much more. It is an excellent source for non-lactating mothers though :thumbup: Plus you get to keep that extra cup-size for a bit longer :haha: Years ago I heard of nurse-maids who stayed in the home and actually nrsed the baby from the breast but I gotta admit that'd be a huge pride issue for me :haha:

I agree - I don't think I'd ever allow someone to physically nurse my baby if I couldn't (unless for some reason the baby was starving and no other way to feed him/her...like if I was stranded on an island or something, LOL) and as far as ME personally giving my child someone elses milk, I personally would have to know that woman well enough to know that they eat healthy, don't smoke, etc... Like if Alicia (ALPDULUTH) had extra breast milk I'd probably feed my baby that because I know there wouldn't be anything in the milk that would harm the baby. But even than, the first bottle would be pretty strange. :haha:

But if I have excess and someone wants it, I'd be more the willing to help out a mama & baby. I think that is amazing, but that's just me.

Oh, also, I'm getting HEARTBURN. Come on! I'm only like... 4 weeks pregnant and I already have heartburn? :wacko::-k:roll:

Maybe you are a bit further along than you thought? And 4 weeks isn't too early really- I was onlya couple weeks ahead of you when I got full blown ms! Only lasted 3-4 weeks but it wasn't fun :sick: lol! I read somewhere ms is totallya result of too much acid and I BELIEVE IT :rofl:

Yes, i think donating milk is an aweosme idea, too many little babies not getting enough food...and too small to start on cows milk. Dh and I sort of have the idea if you start them on cows milk too early you encourage allergies... too which my mother thought we were insane. My brother and his wife lether feed their infant son whole cows milk, sunnyside up eggs :shock: (huge no-no) and etc...Poor boy is 7 years old now and allergic to nuts, eggs, milk, wheat, soy, most fruits, certain vegetables, has trouble digesting meat, and I'd say almosta llergic to water poor little guy :( I think when we hit them with it too soon their bodies reject it. So I'd much rather feed a baby another womans breast milk than cows milk...and oh yeah don't they like refine or purify the breastmilk before they offer it? I read that soewhere I thought...that way you know its clean, etc.

Oh, ladies, I know this is totally a bit off topic but since it involves discussion of children I think it's applicable here...Anybody hear about the case in TEXAS last week (good ol' Texas!) where a man was told some guy(family friend) was seen carrying his 5 year old daughter into the woods? Well, he ran to see and caught the man molesting his daughter. The father literally beat the guy to death. And Texas (bless the state!) didn't even file one charge! Many states would have. I love Texas! It is soooo awesome to see at least one report of true justice at least once a year! Not trying to be cryptic but this man did what any loving father would do to protect his children. Awesome. I'm not even going to mention the Sandusky verdict :-=

I am glad he had no charges on him. I would of beat the guy too!!

What was the verdict for Sanducky? I'm assuming guilty.

I am glad he had no charges on him. I would of beat the guy too!!

What was the verdict for Sanducky? I'm assuming guilty.

Guilty guilty guilty...something like 40 counts of the 49, plus a hundred something years is what my dh said he heard on the news.

Ahhh...kids asleep, justa couple minor touches to an assignment and it is finally cooling off! :thumbup: Got some quiet time :cloud9: lol

Good! I am glad he was found guilty. He makes me feel ishy! It all reminds me of my childhood. Glad that monster is locked up!

Ashley I am sad it reminds you of your childhood :sad1: I have some close family that went through that crap!

On a much happier note...do you remember even vaguely when your last AF started...? :huh: ?

Shradha- I am playing with a pregnancy calculator...here is the link to it

https://www.askdramy.com/pcalctry.html

Just put in your info and see what it says. I put in a generic info (I think you said that last AF started May 29th (I looked back through the thread and found your post page 563 post#5627 :blush: lol) and just put in some generic info as far as luteal phase and length of cycle and it says your due date is March 5 2013! Cool! And conception date supposedly on June 13...which, according to your chart has you at about 2-3 days after Ovulation which would be perfect! :thumbup: This is fun :)
Now just waiting for Ashley to remember her AF dates.....:)

Well okay, here is how the rundown went:

No period/bleeding at all:
January
February
March

April - went to the ER with severe abdominal pain. Ultrasound shows that my uterus had a "pool of blood with placenta tissue" still, but that my cervix was closed very tight. I was put on provera, 10 days. Took that. Bleed heavy/tissue from approx April 28 to May 10th, spotted on May 13th.

May - End of May ( 22nd) , heavy "period" for first two days, rest were light. However, I usually last six to seven days.

June - took a pregnancy test on the 5th, 13th, 16, 19th and were all negative. Got a surprise BFP 6/21/2012.

That is the best I can remember lol.

I suppose I could have mentioned current cycle info and what I've tried so far...

My cycles range from 30-33 days. LMP started on May 30th. I do not use OPK's because I honestly can't afford to pay too much out for that kind of stuff or DH will get upset. I've tried pre-seed, taken folic acid and prenatals. I've tried to temp before but it's extremely hard because my two and a half year old sleeps in our bedroom and generally wakes me up and is out the door to the living room before I have a chance to wipe the sleep from my eyes LOL. As I said I've been through testing twice iin the last two years. DH finally agreed to have SA done but that means now I will go through the icky blood draws all over again unless this month happens to be the magic month... though my hopes are not high. DH and I only got to BD twice the day before my predicted ovulation. Not a good month :(

So I am guessing you are very close to Shradha's dates! Say probably EDD around February 26 with a conception date of June 6. So you'd be 4 weeks 4 days - in your 5th week :happydance: Going off the first bleed date you gave me of May 22nd anyway--which I think is about as accurate as you can get at this point :) I used a basic on cycle length...
Here's the link to the pregnancy calculator if you want to play iwth it, I am having fun tonight as you can tell :haha:

I suppose I could have mentioned current cycle info and what I've tried so far...

My cycles range from 30-33 days. LMP started on May 30th. I do not use OPK's because I honestly can't afford to pay too much out for that kind of stuff or DH will get upset. I've tried pre-seed, taken folic acid and prenatals. I've tried to temp before but it's extremely hard because my two and a half year old sleeps in our bedroom and generally wakes me up and is out the door to the living room before I have a chance to wipe the sleep from my eyes LOL. As I said I've been through testing twice iin the last two years. DH finally agreed to have SA done but that means now I will go through the icky blood draws all over again unless this month happens to be the magic month... though my hopes are not high. DH and I only got to BD twice the day before my predicted ovulation. Not a good month :(

Aargh! I had a 6 year old and a 2 year old sleeping in my room :wacko: Talk about birth control :rofl: Anyway I finally kicked them into their own room and :bfp: here I come, lol! Oh and on the opk's--there is a site on eBay that sells like 40 of them for somewhere around 6 bucks and free shipping- that is what I used.

Emma taking your advice I have tested now..its 4 in the evening....

Friends what do you say?????

OMG- Shradha- is this an HPT???Not an opk, right!?? You got a :bfp: girl! Yay! :dance: Whoot whoot! :thumbup: I am so excited for you! Laura was right- you and Ashley are now official perfect-time bump buddies!!

I didn't check for 2 days.....coz no point of seeing a :bfn: everyday....but when I saw Emma saying test 14dpo....I got curious I test with both kit.....Indian preg kit and homecheck preg strip.....both gave the same result.....:hugs:

Friends.....sorry for coming late....just came back from the clinic....went for complete test.....fasting sugar, thyroid,total blood pic, lipid profile and urine preg test.....when I came back was soooooo hungry that I made some pan cakes and stuffed myself....:dohh:....my oats diet all gone.....
Dh keeps saying that don't be so happy.....wait for the lab reports.....people wait till 2 weeks past their AF and test and you have just passed 2 days AF and tested........ He is just ruining my happiness.......will get the reports by evening and will visit a gyn Tom .......

Shradha- I am playing with a pregnancy calculator...here is the link to it

Just put in your info and see what it says. I put in a generic info (I think you said that last AF started May 29th (I looked back through the thread and found your post page 563 post#5627 :blush: lol) and just put in some generic info as far as luteal phase and length of cycle and it says your due date is March 5 2013! Cool! And conception date supposedly on June 13...which, according to your chart has you at about 2-3 days after Ovulation which would be perfect! :thumbup: This is fun :)
Now just waiting for Ashley to remember her AF dates.....:)
Thanx coy! I too checked ..... Due date...17th march.....making me 2 weeks and 1 day...Hehehe it's fun....:hugs:

Question to everyone: Would you or have you ever donated your breast milk?

I hope to be a large producer of milk so I can donate! I'm a BIG supporter of informed sharing (meaning mom to mom pretty much) as well as to milk banks. I feel like anyone who needs breast milk should get it. I hope if I make enough to donate I can find someone local who could use my excess milk to supplement their own milk or to feed an adopted baby!

You are Ashley .....right.....so good to find someone to share the journey.......it will be cool and exciting.....
Actually in India we don't have any facility for breast milk donation :shrug: so I really have no idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->