Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Not really, getting a bit of back ache here & there but I don't think natural labour is imminent. Think I may end up at another hospital if it is which would be even worse!! Just been talking to my Mum who thinks it will prob only be a couple of hours as it'll be people on L&d waiting to move down to wards after giving birth. I really hope she's right!!

Finally got a call. They want me in for 4pm!! Doubt I'll have him today & foresee a very long night if the first pessary works.

Really worried now though that I'm going to end up on a ward over night going through early contractions alone as DH will have to go home :( he can only stay if they keep me on l & d.

Coy-about the house, we are just going to keep it and make payments until it is a seller's market. On a good note, if his mom wants to have a little get away, she can just stay up there and not worry about anything.

Laura-cant wait for your labor and delivery story!!

Ashley-cant wait for your first appt.

Shradha-glad you are able to get the thyroid under control bow rather than later.

AFM, another day at work. I have to talk to my boss because we have a DEP meeting today at 3pm with our recruiters so lets see if i get to leave early. Also, im 4dpo today and my temp stayed at 97.75. I dont know if thats good or bad. Will see if tomorrow's temp drops like it normally does around 5-9dpo and then AF arrives shortly after. My nipples still hurt unfortunately so i had to wear a thin padded bra so it really doesnt rub up against them. My brother in law is throwing a going away part for dh, me and our nephew on Sunday so my family and his family are going to be there and friends. So im excited about that. Well thats it for now.

Going away party sounds like lots of fun!! Is your Nephew leaving at the same time? Will you all see each other on boot camp?

Yay Laura, less than two hours to go! :happydance: I bet he'll be here sometime tomorrow morning, but I hope things move quickly so your DH can stay with you :hugs: xx

Laura-no, our nephew is leaving in october so he wont see us. Only dh and i will be together...well seeing each other and doing boot camp together.

Laura- how is everything progressing? I hope dh gets to stay with you that'd suck being all alone and I am fairly certian I'd hate it too! :growlmad: I think it's crap that they refuse to let him stay! :grr:

Catching up late with all you ladies today! :shrug: I set an alarm for myself so that I would wake up early. No problem :thumbup: I woke up early, killed the alarm, and went back to sleep :haha:

Itis nice and cool now so I am tapping away at my asisgnment and getting dh's report for the physician ready. Talk atach all soon!

Can't wait to hear what's happening, Laura! :thumbup: Don't be worried!

Aww I thought there'd be news when I came back here... It sucks that they couldn't take you in the morning Laura... couldn't they just have waited until the following day so that you wouldn't be starting things late? Especially if your dh can't be there overnight? We don want him missing anything :( Keep us updated (if at all possible)

Well it's 6:40pm here in the UK so Laura will have been in hospital for a good couple of hours now if she got there for 4pm. I have no idea how long the induction process takes... is it a long, drawn out thing or is it quite quick to start? I'm clueless :shrug:

I'm sat here with a cream cake next to me... I keep reaching out for it and then snatching my hand back :rofl: I'm determined to eat healthier!! xx

Well it's 6:40pm here in the UK so Laura will have been in hospital for a good couple of hours now if she got there for 4pm. I have no idea how long the induction process takes... is it a long, drawn out thing or is it quite quick to start? I'm clueless :shrug:

I'm sat here with a cream cake next to me... I keep reaching out for it and then snatching my hand back :rofl: I'm determined to eat healthier!! xx

Emma...step away from the cake! :gun: lol! I know how you feel! I never buy cheesecake anymore because I love it...no sweets. I admitted to my doctor that I do look at them...long stares even, but I never buy them :haha:

Re: I have heard that when you are induced it generallytakes a while. I have heard that generally what happens is the lady is placed on pitocin for hours of contraction, then if dialation is not progressing quickly enough baby goes into distress and they just perform a c-section. Not always though. But I have determined in my mind that if they want to put pitocin in me maybe it is quicker and healthier for c-section? (I am afraid of pitcoin :haha:) But then I have heard the hormones released during labor are healthy for baby:shrug: so...:wacko: Nothing is plain and simple in the world :growlmad: Except for those plain cake donuts with powdered sugar on them :cloud9: Oh, geez, thanks Emma :growlmad: lol!

..As long as Laura and beanie are healthy and dh gets to be there :thumbup:

Laura's last report (on this thread) was 0648 in the morning but it says she is online? :shrug: Crazy bnb!

My prevert neighbor keeps strutting around near our adjacent fence with his shirt off. Should I tell him it is a disservcie to women, or should I just leave it alone? :haha: He only comes out when our little girls play in the yard and he crouches behind the bushes and watches them :wacko: Only our little Boston Terrier very loudly rats him out to the neighborhood with her "PERVERT" bark :) and he always goes running into his house...creep. He even threw fireworks at her once, but that just made her hate him and watch for him all the more :thumbup:

OMG, baby brain! :wacko: Here I am trying to be efficient, you know, and I am busying around picking up toys, doing laundry, emptying trash cans, washing dishes, etc, when I suddenly realized I was trying to line the toilet with a trash bag :dohh:

Well ladies, I have bugger all to report :growlmad:

My cervix is not at all dialated & still quite long, the only thing going for it is it's quite soft!! Epo, rlt, dtd & birthing ball bouncing clearly are useless!!

They inserted a 24 hour pessary & shoved me on a ward. I won't go back up to l & d to check my progress for the full 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!! If there isn't enough dilation then to burst my waters it'll be a 6 hour pessary. The only hope I have is that my body reacts quickly to this pessary alone & I go into labour naturally in the next 24 hours. Beanie clearly does not want to be evicted any time soon!!! Feel really deflated & all by myself now until 11am tomorrow. :( :( :(

:hugs: I really hope things speed up for you Laura, or at the very least you get a decent nights sleep! xx

Well ladies, I have bugger all to report :growlmad:

My cervix is not at all dialated & still quite long, the only thing going for it is it's quite soft!! Epo, rlt, dtd & birthing ball bouncing clearly are useless!!

They inserted a 24 hour pessary & shoved me on a ward. I won't go back up to l & d to check my progress for the full 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!! If there isn't enough dilation then to burst my waters it'll be a 6 hour pessary. The only hope I have is that my body reacts quickly to this pessary alone & I go into labour naturally in the next 24 hours. Beanie clearly does not want to be evicted any time soon!!! Feel really deflated & all by myself now until 11am tomorrow. :( :( :(

Aw, that sucks! Especially the no dh part...:hugs: I wonder why they can't let you go home while the pessary does its thing? Can't you just get up and say "Hey- I'm oughtta here, I'll come back when babes is ready" !

Don't stress about your cervix, etc...only natural considering you are still not at your due date yet. It will all work out. Don't be surprised if they suggest c-section, not saying they will, but be prepared! Because you are still not at edd your body may not be ready to deliver on its own yet, and if they are concerned for the bp they may suggest c-section to you.

What would you prefer? I mean- how do you wantit all to happen if labor doesn't come on naturally from this point?

Laura, in case you are still up I am posting some funnies for you to read (everything about the hospital is boring! :haha:)

Afterbirth: When the real hard part begins.

Contractions Evil cramps that signal you to brace yourself for a marathon.

Cravings: An excuse to eat everything you want.

Dilation: Some weird thing that happens to your body that everyone tells you is normal and natural, but doesn’t sound normal. Nor will the word ever be used again.

Due Date: Christmas times a million :thumbup:

Episiotomy: Something a man invented :haha:

First Trimester: The first three months of pregnancy when you wonder . . . "Is it too late to change my mind." :laugh2:

Hormones: Serum in your body that makes you do insane things. :rofl:

Kegel Exercises: Who knew there was an exercise for this area until child birth? Invented by a man, but actually helpful. :wacko: lol

Labor: 25K marathon that ends with you completing the finish line as the big winner . . . "MOMMY."

Maternity Clothes: What a pregnant women wears to show that everyone should move out of her way, get her food fast, and let her go first at everything she wants. :haha:

Miracle: the birth of a baby, and the fact you lived to tell about it.

Obstetrician: The person who tells you everything is fine when you feel like you're caught in the jaws of death.

Pregnancy: The time in your life that you discover women are stronger than men. :thumbup:

Prenatal: When your life was still your own.

Second Trimester: The time of pregnancy you wonder why your husband is taking so long at the store just to get pickles, ice cream, and chips.

Third Trimester: The finale of pregnancy when you wonder, "How much longer can I hold out before I start waddling." :haha: OMG!

Womb: The bubble you encase your baby to grow in while you train your husband how to be a father. Also . . . your baby’s soccer field.

Brenda, pregnant with her first child, was paying a visit to her obstetrician's office.

When the exam was over, she shyly began, "My husband wants me to ask you..."
"I know, I know." the doctor said, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "I get asked

that all the time. Sex is fine until late In the pregnancy."
"No, that's not it at all," Brenda confessed. "He wants to know if I can still mow the lawn."

:rofl: lol! And here I am struggling with the damned mower! :haha: lol

Laura, in case you are still up I am posting some funnies for you to read (everything about the hospital is boring! :haha:)

Afterbirth: When the real hard part begins.

Contractions Evil cramps that signal you to brace yourself for a marathon.

Cravings: An excuse to eat everything you want.

Dilation: Some weird thing that happens to your body that everyone tells you is normal and natural, but doesn’t sound normal. Nor will the word ever be used again.

Due Date: Christmas times a million :thumbup:

Episiotomy: Something a man invented :haha:

First Trimester: The first three months of pregnancy when you wonder . . . "Is it too late to change my mind." :laugh2:

Hormones: Serum in your body that makes you do insane things. :rofl:

Kegel Exercises: Who knew there was an exercise for this area until child birth? Invented by a man, but actually helpful. :wacko: lol

Labor: 25K marathon that ends with you completing the finish line as the big winner . . . "MOMMY."

Maternity Clothes: What a pregnant women wears to show that everyone should move out of her way, get her food fast, and let her go first at everything she wants. :haha:

Miracle: the birth of a baby, and the fact you lived to tell about it.

Obstetrician: The person who tells you everything is fine when you feel like you're caught in the jaws of death.

Pregnancy: The time in your life that you discover women are stronger than men. :thumbup:

Prenatal: When your life was still your own.

Second Trimester: The time of pregnancy you wonder why your husband is taking so long at the store just to get pickles, ice cream, and chips.

Third Trimester: The finale of pregnancy when you wonder, "How much longer can I hold out before I start waddling." :haha: OMG!

Womb: The bubble you encase your baby to grow in while you train your husband how to be a father. Also . . . your baby’s soccer field.

Love those! :haha: Oh, and Coy... I ate the cake :blush: It was always going to happen :dohh: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->