Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Thanks Coy!! Just what I needed!! :D :D

To my utter astonishment I appear to have started contracting!!! :happydance:

I really thought that would be it, nothing until tomorrow night when hopefully I would miraculously be a cm or 2 dilated. It never occurred to me that even to dilate a little there may be a contraction!! I'm trying to time them as they have come on quite suddenly & seem a little too close together but bad luck to me they are mostly in my back :dohh: making them quite hard to time as they never completely go. is it normal to feel them in my bottom as well like a big weight / pressure pushing down at the peak of the contraction?

To my utter astonishment I appear to have started contracting!!! :happydance:

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I know my mum felt contractions in her bum and upper thighs when she was having my brother, but she's never gone into any great detail so I don't know anymore than that :shrug: xx

3 mins apart lasting about 45 seconds!!

3 minutes apart is defo labor! Yes, totally normal...My midwife in an attempt to show me where to push with my first dd actually stuck her finger on the perennium area--that is where you should be feeling most of the pressure, e.g., bottom :) You will feel the instinct to close your legs with the contractions but you have to let them fall aart as she put it...hard to do as that is def not an instinct!

Can you tell dh- will they let him in for birth?? Just scream bloody murder and threaten to walk out if they don't! :haha:

Yay!

Yes they'll let him back if they move me back up to l & d. They're leaving me be for the moment as apparently they sometimes start this way but calm down again. But also it can kick everything off really quickly!! They're one he'll of a lot more painful far quicker than I thought they'd be. I thought I'd have hours of gradual contractions building up to this!!

Yes they'll let him back if they move me back up to l & d. They're leaving me be for the moment as apparently they sometimes start this way but calm down again. But also it can kick everything off really quickly!! They're one he'll of a lot more painful far quicker than I thought they'd be. I thought I'd have hours of gradual contractions building up to this!!

Lol, now you know the secret behind the "big contraction" :) No fun, but now you know what you're up against! You're a tough English chic - you gotta it covered! :thumbup: :)

Lol, more jokes (hope I'm not irritating anyone with this...) If you're having to wait it out Laura you'll have something funny to read..if not then I am killing time waiting for the good news! :thumbup:

Am I more likely to get pregnant if my husband wears boxers rather then briefs?
~Yes, but you’ll have an even better chance if he doesn’t wear anything at all.

How will I know if my vomiting is morning sickness or the flu?
~If it’s the flu, you’ll get better.

Do I have to have a baby shower?
~Not if you change the baby’s diaper very quickly.

My childbirth instructor says it’s not pain I’ll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
~Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current
. :haha:

What does it mean when the baby’s head is crowning?
~It means you feel as though not only a crown but the entire throne is trying to make its way out of you.
:haha:

Does labor cause hemorrhoids?
~Labor causes anything you want to blame it for.
:rofl:

I’m modest. Once I’m in the hospital to deliver, who will see me in that delicate position?
~Authorized personnel only - doctors, nurses, orderlies, photographers, florists, cleaning crews, journalists, etc.
:haha: OMG ! :)

What is the best time to wean the baby from nursing?
~When you see teeth marks.

What causes baby blues?
~Tanned, hard-bodied bimbos
. :rofl: :haha:

When choosing a name for your baby, go to the back door and shout it out a few times.

Well, it's been 5 hours....Wonder if Laura had her baby?? :happydance:

Shradha- how are you? Was it today you had a doctor appointment? Hope you are doing well! :thumbup:

Ashley- how are you feling today?

Patrice- how was work?

Steph- hope you are resting! :hugs:

Msperry- keep in touch, how are you ?

Nope. They won't even check my dialation yet although I don't think it's likely to have changed much as had no bloody show & still not seen my mucus plug!!

A very lovely midwife however ran me an amazing bath & gave me some pain killers. Only paracetamol & codein but that & spending am hour and a half in the bath really helped with the pain & I managed afterward to get an hours worth of snooz between contractions. Back with full force now though and its still only 4.40 am. Really really missing my DH right now!! Only 6 hours until he'll be back!! :(

Loving the jokes Coy, they Definately distract me!! :D

Aw, I wish your dh were with you too! Why will it take 6 hours? Here in the U.S. they can't keep them out--dh stayed with me through L&D plus he spent the night in a chair next to my bed after first dd was born :haha:

Wow, I wish they would check your cervix for dialtion as both times with dd's I never had a showing of ANYTHING except crowning head! No bloody show, no water, no plug ... :shrug: You might just give these know-it-all folks a big surprise soon! :haha: Chin up Laura you're doing awesome! I love your bright spirits even though I know what you're going through with the pain :hugs:

hi laura...
got ur bundle of joy yet???me too waiting for the news:flower::flower:

Hi spudsmama....hw r u???everyone waiting for Laura's news???Am also joining ur group:)

hi Coy(read the past posts and everyone calls u so.will change to Greyeyes if u want me too:))

Enjoyed reading ur posts...ha ha..funny..when is ur baby due???

Hi steph...

Congrats on ur baby...

hi laura...
got ur bundle of joy yet???me too waiting for the news:flower::flower:

Hi spudsmama....hw r u???everyone waiting for Laura's news???Am also joining ur group:)

hi Coy(read the past posts and everyone calls u so.will change to Greyeyes if u want me too:))

Enjoyed reading ur posts...ha ha..funny..when is ur baby due???

Hi steph...

Congrats on ur baby...

Hi! Nope "Coy" it is, Grey Eyes is just a log in name :) My baby is due October 19th :dance:

Yeah, we are waiting to hear Laura's news, she went int oday or yesterday England time?) for induction...

Coy..u can call me Akshu:flower:

Wow october19th..good luck dear..we will wait for ur experience soon:hugs:

Pls do update each and every step here..

BTW I like Ivy Loiuse very much

Whats happening to u Laura?????

God She should have a Painless(Atleast bearable pain) labour

Not so bright now. They're just not taking my pain seriously. They've made up their mind as its my first baby there's no way I can be anywhere near 3cms. Apparently I'm also too in control of the pain!! I am when talking to them as I using my breathing techniques, it doesn't mean I'm not in agony. Surely in natural labour you don't contract 3 mins apart from the start?! They expect me to tolerate it alone for like 12 hours!! And you know what's really pissed me off. They haven't checked my bp once when I'm being induced due to high bp, surely they should be keeping an eye on it?!

Laura - I'm so happy you are finally having your baby! :)

Steph - Are you breastfeeding? How is Brandon doing? :)

Emma - How have you been feeling? It baby active a lot?

Coy - I'm okay... see post below. LOL!

AFM, I caved in and went to the midwife today for my nasty yeast infection. She gave me a prescription for Diflucan and said it WAS indeed safe during pregnancy. My urine came back as me being dehydrated too so I'm now drinking more water :) Anyways, went to get my prescription from the pharmacy and the pharmacist pretty much refused to give me the Diflucan. He said that he thinks it would be okay in latter pregnancy but not early and that it hasn't been shown to be safe and it can actually cause skeletal birth defects if taken too early. And, since I don't know how far along I am realistically, he didn't give it to me. He gave my MW a call and left a voice mail on her practice's phone saying he didn't give me the medication. He told me that topical and vaginal monistat suppositories are perfectly safe and if I'm still having discomfort to keep using it. I looked this up on the American Pregnancy Association and it did indeed reiterate what the pharmacist said. So, now I sit here and wonder if everyone who practices OBGYN in the state of Utah got their education from the Cracker Jack box or something? This is just insane.

I'm also either farther along than what I think, am having a gold record for muscle memory or I am insanely bloated.

https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/xflaxen/bloated.jpg

Laura -Wait, so are you 3cm, or are they not checking... they should be checking no? If you are contracting 3 min apart, that seems to me that you are in active labor... I hate when they just judge based on how you look, whether you are vocalizing, blah blah... everyone has a different pain tolerance... well I am surprised that you are able to login here and keep us updated, since you are having more intense contractions every 3 min!
I hope that things progress faster for you, I know you are so anxious to just have this baby already!!

Ashley- You do have quite a bump already! Maybe muscle memory, like you said :haha: What date was your LMP? And yes, I am breastfeeding, like ALL THE TIME. He wants to nurse constantly, even when just for comfort, but I know that's what newborns do! Although I don't remember Nicholas needing this much soothing. Brandon is definitely a mama's boy.

Not so bright now. They're just not taking my pain seriously. They've made up their mind as its my first baby there's no way I can be anywhere near 3cms. Apparently I'm also too in control of the pain!! I am when talking to them as I using my breathing techniques, it doesn't mean I'm not in agony. Surely in natural labour you don't contract 3 mins apart from the start?! They expect me to tolerate it alone for like 12 hours!! And you know what's really pissed me off. They haven't checked my bp once when I'm being induced due to high bp, surely they should be keeping an eye on it?!

Laura I am with you- I'm pissed off too! I am stunned they haven't checked your bp! And yes, they need tot ake your pain seriously. Not so much in the sense giving you pain meds but checking dialation for crying out loud!! Wow, you really need to get in their faces and let them know it - you are the one in control, you are the one having the baby! First child or not you are the one having the baby! Tell those bitch nurses off (sorry, language :blush:) and get some action out of these people or make heads roll one way or another :growlmad: Boy, I had folks hopping and nurses crying when I had Kat! :haha: I get mad when I'm in pain (labor pain anyway) because I have found it is the quickest way to get what I want.

So, Laura- get mad :growlmad: ! Demand they check your bp and tell them to check your cervix or your walking out! lol, seriously- it will get you some action. Might slip something in their to the effect they are getting paid to do their job!!

Hi Steph, I had to rant with Laura for bit :blush: It's 7 am there now I think, I hope they let her dh in soon so she has him there for her. Man, they;re just crappy right now, I remember when T was born the nurses treated me like a q-tip with eyelashes ... You know, like I was a sweet dumb thing, lay back and do what we tell you kind of stuff :roll: Aargh, I wish I was there to slap nurses around for Laura, lol! She has been having contractions 3 min apart for several hours now and they won't even check her cervix! Unbelievable. Something about no bloody show or mucus plug yet...but I never had a show of anything until baby was crowning!

Coy..u can call me Akshu:flower:

Wow october19th..good luck dear..we will wait for ur experience soon:hugs:

Pls do update each and every step here..

BTW I like Ivy Loiuse very much

So do I but I can't take credit for it :) That is a name Ashley was saying she liked for her baby if it is a girl :) I think dh and I have settled on Augusta Alexandri...Something ancient and regal and tough...But we're still thinking on it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->