Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Shardha - a few more recent pics of Xander as you won't have seen them on Facebook.

https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/lauraemily17/c32cb2df.jpg
https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/lauraemily17/096820fc.jpg
https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/lauraemily17/ca7910f8.jpg

Afm - looking after a new born is exhausting!! He's got so good with his feeding now but think he's having a bit of a growth spurt after he seemed to feed almost continually yesterday & the night before!! I was exhausted. He didn't go down & sleep for more than 10 mins until 7pm although he'd sleep fine on me!! I was so tired I went to bed & DH picked up the next feed for me do I got 4 hours sleep, the longest stretch I've had in 2 weeks!! The only part the has noticeably grown so far is his head which had gained 2&half cm in circumference. His weight isn't doing too well though. He started off 6 11, went down to 6 2 on day 5 and yesterday, day 11 he'd only put 3oz back on. Means regularly weigh ins instead of being left to 6 weeks. Our hv was reassuring though & said not to worry. It has meant that we've had to get him some more clothes as even a lot of the new born stuff doesn't fit him, he needs small baby clothes!!

Feel like we're getting into our stride now & we've made it out & about a bit which is nice. He's getting more alert now as well so we can have more play time. (when he's not feeding all day!!) DH is off for another week as well which is great, get quite tearful at the thought of him going back to work :(

Coy-You're bump is gorgeous and big and you look amazing.

Laura-Thanks. It was pretty hard in the beginning, but i am getting through it as days go by. And Xander is so adorable! I love his cheeks :blush: DH has chubby cheeks, the ones you just want to press your first against and squeeze all day :blush:

AFM, im cd6 today. AF is still here but looks like it might end on time this time :thumbup: I have just been busy with friends and getting things ready before boot camp. I only have 13 days left :shock: So i really got to get on the ball. Today, im going to spend time with my SIL and the kids. Im having another girls night out this weekend. So im going to be pretty busy. Im really preparing myself mentally for boot camp and I just been exercising and missing DH but i have been coping pretty well. Im just ready to start the adventure and with my dh soon.

Laura- it is exhausting isn't it?! Believe me though when I say it rapidly gets better! :thumbup:

Re: the weight gain for Xander....Babies weight usually does drop a little bit after birth. One thing I might recommend to speed up weight gain (but again- talk to your doc) is encouraging him to BF once more every other time, say if he feeds every 4 hours, try to feed him twice in a four hour period. You'd be surprised how much they'll eat if you push it at them :haha: lol....I would do this upon ocassion, say if we were planning to go somewhere and I didn't want to have to pull the car over to nurse Iwould encourage baby to nurse early or whatever it took- and always babes would eat! So maybe that's all it will take to get him to gain weight more rapidly?

Well ladies, it looks like I might actually get to sleep early tonight! :thumbup: And it cooled of this afternoon so dh and I were outdoors with the girls...the girls played in ctheir pool and we did some yard work- it was fun :) Storm clouds and cool breeze :cloud9:

Now I am going to break my own rule :shhh: I am going to go eat a scoop of ice cream and then sleep it off :haha:

Shradha- looking at your ticker you are already half-way through first trimester give or take! :happydance: :)
Yea...6 1/2 weeks...today had ms.....didn't feel like having anything....but thinking about the baby I forcibly drank a cup of milk.....tomorrow is blood test.....day after is scan....so nervous...... Praying that Everything should be fine.....

Laura- thank you so much dear for the pics......Xander is so adorable...cute...a sweetheart......:hugs: I was waiting to see his pics:happydance:..... So sad that you are hardly getting time to sleep.... Don't worry about his weight .....I am sure he will be fine......I pray for his good health.... How are you ? You too need rest...post delivery mom and baby both need care....hope you are eating well.... So nice to hear from you...we were missing you and steph.....

Well ladies, it looks like I might actually get to sleep early tonight! :thumbup: And it cooled of this afternoon so dh and I were outdoors with the girls...the girls played in ctheir pool and we did some yard work- it was fun :) Storm clouds and cool breeze :cloud9:

Now I am going to break my own rule :shhh: I am going to go eat a scoop of ice cream and then sleep it off :haha:
sleep dear.....take rest......:hugs:
Good......:hugs:Once in a while you can break the rules.....I too am planning to break mine after the scan......if everything goes well ...I will have one nice piece of chocolate cake......

Emma- how are you? Must be counting days ......just few more days:hugs:

Steph- how are you and Brandon doing? Must be really busy....take care...

Patrice - how was your day?In 2 weeks you will be in boot camp....:happydance:

Ashley- how are you doing? Did you get in touch with another doctor?

Where are everybody else ?

Akshu- hope your test have come normal...... In the beginning even I forgot to temp for 2 days....I got up and then remembered ohhhhh have to temp.....nothing to worry...just keep an alarm few mins before you generally wake up and temp...once you start it will become a habit....you will never get up without tempg....:hugs:...all the best...

Shradha- GL tomorrow and day after! :thumbup: It will all be well I am sure! :hugs:

Shradha and Coy...help!!!!

Got my results..TSH-4.48 and Free t4-1.20.

both are within range..but ppl say tsh sud be within 2 to concieve..

started taking eltroxin prescribed by my endo and will take another test after a month..simultaneously will go to gynaec in the month end and will get all the other hormone tests to be done...

is that ok???

Shradha and Coy...help!!!!

Got my results..TSH-4.48 and Free t4-1.20.

both are within range..but ppl say tsh sud be within 2 to concieve..

started taking eltroxin prescribed by my endo and will take another test after a month..simultaneously will go to gynaec in the month end and will get all the other hormone tests to be done...

is that ok???
Akshu don't panic..... When I got my test done I was shocked....Tsh in preg was 199 normal - below 5.5 and t4 was 0.15 .....normal range is 0.89- 1.76....so you are fine ....nothing to panic....the doctor told me I was very lucky to conceive.......I guess I got thyroid the month I conceived ...... I am having thyronorm 50 mg..... You just visit a gyn just to be safe..... Did you meet your endo? From your reports I feel you are fine....nothing t worry.....you only need to plan your ovulation date and BD.....so that you can catch the eggy on time...... All the best:thumbup::hugs:

Shradha..hw abt blood test ?scan is on friday right??

Thanks Shradha..the actual story goes like this..before one month we went to endo, at that time my tsh was 6.9 so he prescribed half of 25mcg eltroxin. He said TSH shud be between 1-2.

But i did not take the tab, after one month took the test. TSH has reduced to 4.5. My DH told me to have half of eltroxin now and take the test after one month.Then we will go to endo for consultation.

will go to gynaec also to confirm abt other hormones..

hope to get +ve this month...

Seriously f***** of with mil. I have never felt do uncomfortable as I did yesterday.

Mil has always gone on about pro breast feeding & before having Xander I was honest about my reservations about the amount of time breast feeding can take & how restrictive it is, I thought she understood this & would be really supportive.

Xander is now not quite 2 weeks old & I actually live breast feeding even though he is pretty much stuck to me feeding for most of the day!! Since Monday afternoon Xander has started cluster feedibg until about 9pm. He will only fall asleep on me & as soon as I put him down or pass him to someone else he starts rooting & quickly has a melt down if he doesn't get more booby.

From reading books & the breast feeding threads on here I know this is normal & he's probably having a growth spurt as well as working on increasing my supply but it's still quite challenging to us as first time parents.

So yesterday afternoon we had planned to go to in laws for a family BBQ early evening (before Xander started cluster feeding) my sil who leaves far away was back. We thought we'd give it a go with him as we're with family. Mil decided however to invite another family without asking if we minded. I understand she wants to show him off but he's really not at an age were he can be passed around 9 people (that's how many people were there) we didn't complain though.

So we get him there, he has a complete melt down in the car as I had to take him off the booby to get him there. As soon as I get there I had to start feeding again. I manage to feed him to sleep & visiting sil gets a quick cuddle before he starts rooting again at which point mil just takes him off sil & starts trying to rock him to sleep saying how she's still got the nack. Xander starts to root more face planting her & eating his hands. Will she give him to me? No. I can see on her face she's determined to get him to sleep say I told you do to me. In the end I put my cover on get myself ready to latch him on & it takes DH & sil telling her before she gives him back. Clearly as Grandma in her head she can do whatever she wants with him.
I then spend the rest of the evening sat in the lounge feeding & every time he falls sleep I try to put him down or pass him to daddy he roots & cries. Everyone else goes into the dinning room to eat & I'm made to feel totally in welcome in there. In fact everytime I start breast feedi every leaves. I am fully covered up while I do this, no one can see anything. I felt totally alienated by a family who are supposedly pro breast feeding but clearly don't actually want to see it. The absolute kicker was when DH 15 year old god son came in to eat in the living room with me & mil came in and told him to get out, didn't ask whether I minded him there, which I didn't. His answer was but I wanted to keep Laura company. When it came to leaving she was also very clearly annoyed that she hadn't had a proper cuddle & although she tried to make out she understood I know that she actually thinks I shouldn't be giving in and feeding him all the time, even though he's only on the 9th percentile with his weight!!

Gotta say DH was brilliant, bringing me food & sitting with me.

This is exactly why I didn't want to breast feed in the first place but thought I would get support from the family but clearly not. Well as long as he's cluster feeding they won't seeing him if I have my way. Although I am mad I actually feel more upset by the whole episode & had to hold back tears a couple of times yesterday. :(

Xander is your baby, you do what comes natural.. don't let anyone try to tell you what to do or make you feel uncomfortable! I would have a word with mil, tell her you were hurt and made to feel totally uncomfortable by her actions, you appreciate her advice but you and dh want to do things your own way and if she's going to alienate you because your bf then you won't be round for anymore visiting! You have to nip this kind of thing in the bud or it will just keep happening... Don't stress about other ppl most important thing right now is your baby xxxx

I'm sorry your MIL was so over the top Laura, just what you need a couple of weeks post birth :roll: I don't blame you for wanting to avoid her until his cluster feeding is winding down a bit. You sound like you're doing great with BF though, we're all proud of you! :hugs:

(Suddenly glad I have no in laws to contend with :haha:)

Thanks girls :hugs:

I think part of the reason I feel so bad is the hormones. I was going to go out with DH to pick up our car which has needed some work & I had a total melt down about going out & Xander having another melt down (Xander started crying as soon as we put him in his car seat) & me not be in a position to feed him! Up until yesterday I felt really confident about going out but now my confidence has been badly knocked. So instead DH went with me to our local Tesco express & Xander actually went to sleep & is still sleeping in his car seat now, yay!! I guess we're still working him out & what is good at soothing & distracting him.

Had a good chat with my mum now who was really understanding & feeling a little better. She is also friends with mil & is going to make a few subtle suggestions on things not to do!!

Hi Laura-
Wow, that's why we don't let my mom visit! Exactly! When T was first born mom came to visit us and she wanted to do th same thing- she even told dh in a very waspish way "babies don't know what they want. I tell babies what they want. Now give her to me!" Dh told her to go to hell, lol! She has not been back since and T is going to be 8 years old - phew! What a break it's been :rofl: Seriously though- at this stage it is all about you and Xander- you're his mommy and he wants you and nobody else is going to make him feel better :shrug: In that sense you are stuck. But it's kind of an awesome stuck :hugs: I think it goes beyond just hungry and gets into security--with that many new & strange people he is bound to feel clingy, very natural. And in order for him to grow feeling secure and at ease you have to give in to the clinginess.

I know it is frustrating, but I think the absolute best advice I can give you as a nursing mom is don't be quiet. You are Mother (it is a title!) and what you say goes :grr:. If you want your baby back from someone just get him- if it happens be your MIL, tell her to taker her "knack for it" and save it for a more appropriate time.

Nothin' beats mom in Xander's eyes :hugs:

Oh just wanetd to add that I think your concern is perfectly normal, tears, emotions- all of it. 2 weeks is real soon for you to jump out to the family (just in my opinion) as it is all new to you and Xander is still learning his world. So take it easy and try not to worry about offending people, even close family--in all reality they need to be worrying about stepping on your toes- not the other way around! And I think Xander would behave this way wether you strictly bottle fed or breastfed--it's the security :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->