Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Hi ladies :hi:

Shradha- yes, totally normal to feel unconfortable on your back. As babes grows (s)he will feel heavier and press back against you. This puts pressure, etc. You can alleviate it by propping up with pillows or rolling to your side. That's what I do. And try not to worry about the placenta. Did your doctor say that it was slightly or fully coverig the opening of your cervix? If not then no worries. If so then don't worry either, just don't strain and you will prob have to have a c-section. But look at it this way- either way you get your babes! :hugs: Miine was low but a few cm from opening so doc said not to worry. :thumbup:

Ashley- stop worrying about the doppler! :thumbup: Hard I know, but it can be so hard with those darn things! If you are concerned (and I know you are) just demand your doc check into it very soon- like Monday- to put your mind at ease :hugs: Either an US or have him use his own pro doppler. That's what I would do......

Laura- yay for some quality sleep! Gimme some! :haha: I agree with Steph, swaddling does help. But my girls were difficult and often liked to sleep sprawled with arms flung over the head :shrug: Nutty cat btw! :shick: lol! Def sounded like a full-moon effect! :rofl:

Emma- how are you feeling?

:happydance: I now have my compuuutteeerrrr back! :headspin: :happydance: I have been totally MIA the last few days because the modem failed on my one working computer :dohh: but I did finally get the repair disks for my other one. Anyway, spent the last two days working with technicians over the phone and remotely to get my awesome, amazing, gorgous computer working again! Yay! And great thing is we were able to wipe the harddrive but still retirive up to 90 percent of all my stuff! :happydance: So I am now setting up all my office docs and trying to get back in working order for school, etc. Anyway, I am once again amazed by great technology! I currently have about 12 pages pulled up, downloading stuff, and am working on mys chool site and bnb simultaneously and still lightning fast :bodyb: lol...

Plus I did a huge long day in the garage but it was not too awful hot. I paid for it though with these massive leg cramps in my sleep :shrug: I woke myself and dh up in the middle of the night yelling obsenities and, um, worser (it is a word) obsenities :blush: The cramps started high in my hips and traveled clear down my legs into the arches of my feet. I bounced around the room all stiff-legged for a while all the while cursing and swearingloudly and often. That seemed to do the trick, lol! :haha: Funny picture, huh?!~ :haha: Ah, that's what I get for skipping my magnesium :roll: Much better now though, I took a day off.

Now I am set for action, thinking of working on school and getting caught up the next few days and working outside when I can.

Oh, btw...remember a few months ago I posted about being worried for a friend of mine? She had gotten involved with a very abusive man. I spoke to his ex-wife (a friend of mine) and she told me he was very physically abusive. I remember her always having neck braces and casts, and bruises, etc :growlmad: Any way, this other lady that took to living with him thought he was awesome- for a while. Then she started telling me about her injuries :roll: Neck braces made an appearance, severely bruised arms, back and spinal injuries, etc. I suggested that she should get away from him, but she would stare at the floor and tell me every relationship needed work. Anyway, I haven't seen her at her work place for a few days and inquired after her.

Well, she was found dead in her home a few days ago with massive brain injuries. It is "assumed" that she (once again) fell down the stairs. What a load of crap!

This sucks. :sad1: Why don't women ever listen? I used to be involved with a massive dirtbag that just loved to punch the crap out of me too but that sure as heck didn't last very long. It took me a bit to wise up and realize that I couldn't "fix him" and I got to the point where I didn't want to. Anyway, I am sad as she had a little boy about 11 years old. I will be talking to the Sherrif Office soon.

Oh, btw...remember a few months ago I posted about being worried for a friend of mine? She had gotten involved with a very abusive man. I spoke to his ex-wife (a friend of mine) and she told me he was very physically abusive. I remember her always having neck braces and casts, and bruises, etc :growlmad: Any way, this other lady that took to living with him thought he was awesome- for a while. Then she started telling me about her injuries :roll: Neck braces made an appearance, severely bruised arms, back and spinal injuries, etc. I suggested that she should get away from him, but she would stare at the floor and tell me every relationship needed work. Anyway, I haven't seen her at her work place for a few days and inquired after her.

Well, she was found dead in her home a few days ago with massive brain injuries. It is "assumed" that she (once again) fell down the stairs. What a load of crap!

This sucks. :sad1: Why don't women ever listen? I used to be involved with a massive dirtbag that just loved to punch the crap out of me too but that sure as heck didn't last very long. It took me a bit to wise up and realize that I couldn't "fix him" and I got to the point where I didn't want to. Anyway, I am sad as she had a little boy about 11 years old. I will be talking to the Sherrif Office soon.

Coy - That is so sad. Us women, we have think "oh, I can change him" or "oh, it was just THAT (past) relationship"

I used to be involved with a massive dirtbag too, actually, honestly...it was my sons' father. When I was pregnant with DS #2, he beat the crap out of me and ramed my stomach into a door knob over and over because I refused to "end" the pregnancy. :growlmad: :nope: That is when I decided enough was enough was enough. I had gone through his temper and cheating before but that was the night that I woke up.

Shradha- I understand you want a natural, normal vaginal birth. A lot of women do, and while it IS the most ideal.......I've had three C-Sections and it's not THAT bad. I promise :)

I agree with Steph, swaddling does help. But my girls were difficult and often liked to sleep sprawled with arms flung over the head :shrug:

Emma- how are you feeling?

Phoebe sleeps with her arms up over her head too. The one time the midwife in hospital tried to swaddle her, she wouldn't stop screaming until she'd wriggled her arms free :haha:

I'm doing well, not as sleep deprived as I expected to be! I can't believe my Spud is one week old already :shock:

How is everyone else doing?

Thats really sad....I remember you mentioning about her. I feel sorry for her son. Poor boy. Men like this should be put in prison. They have no right to treat a lady like this.... Really glad that you and Ashley were strong to move out :hugs:.... And now you both have loving husband and kids. I really wish all women were like you both.....:hugs:

Coy- The doctor didnt tell me anything...she only told me that my placenta is low lying, so I must be very careful and not bleed. No walking, exercise or spreading legs and no weights. Yes..today I have decided not to worry anymore. WIll take things as it comes.

How are you? Yay for the computer:happydance:...Hope no more cramps:nope:.....

Emma- Lucky you...Phoebe is not walking you up.....Take rest... She is adorable

Shradha- I understand you want a natural, normal vaginal birth. A lot of women do, and while it IS the most ideal.......I've had three C-Sections and it's not THAT bad. I promise :)
I guess you are right....I should not worry.

Steph- I used to sleep like a monkey:dohh:...rolling all over the bed...my fav position was on my stomach, but lately I have stopped sleeping on my stomach. So I will try to sleep less on my back and sleep more on the sides....Yes will put a pillow for support. I already have started having back pain....

congrats on the babies ladies.

AFM, im finally back home. I went to see my DH graduate and it was pretty awesome!! Got to spend time with him and my parents were sweet enough to get us a hotel room for a few hours. My mom said pounce on him which was pretty fnny coming from her. But we dtd and it was awesome. My dh said once we are stationed, we are trying for kids and I was happy and excited. So now ttc is on standby until further notice. Can't wait to have a bundle of joy of our own.

Attachments

• drew grad2.jpg
    drew grad2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3
  • drew grad3.jpg
    drew grad3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 3
  • drew grad4.jpg
    drew grad4.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3
  • drew grad5.jpg
    drew grad5.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3
  • drew grad6.jpg
    drew grad6.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3
Shradha- I agree a C-Section is nothig to worry about :) I often wondered...wouldn't it be awesome to just have them knock me out and avoid all that labor pain :haha: But then I'd havwe recovery to consider so it all comes out in the end, right? lol...Oh re:placenta. For her to tell you to be so careful I am guessing it must be very near the opening of cervix, so yeah- be careful is all. I have read up on this before, if you do notice spotting just let our hospital or doctor know so they can tell you what to do next. No worries :thumbup:

Patrice- YAY! You're back :hugs: When will you know where you are going to be statuoned at?

Right you preggers ladies, it's about time we had some bump pics please!! :D

Welcome back Patrice, love the pics, you're clearly a very proud wife!!

Coy - that is terrible news about your friend. I hope he gets caught, I've also been in a violent relationship, I saw sense when I woke up with bruises on my face, his violence was more subtle. When I moved back home Mum told me she feared for my life with him, so glad I saw sense although really it should have been sooner. Glad you've got your super computer back, it's quiet here without you!

Steph - I looked into the miracle blanket after you mentioned it in Facebook. Unfortunately it's a little late for Xander as he won't be swaddled any more. He likes to kick about in his sleep too much. The sleeping bags work great for that. He's always liked his hands over his head as well so when we did swaddle I just kept them out.

Ashley - are you trying the doppler low enough? I used to find Xander right down by my bakini line well into the second tri.

Afm - we've been out all day today & Xander has been so well behaved. His naps got a little out if synch but he did sleep & didnt have any over tired melt downs. It has been a lovely day. The only thing which spoiled it a bit is my god dam mil, again!!

We went to the family service at their church this morning for the first time. After the service I let her take Xander off to show him off to her friends. It pained me to do it but it is nice that's she's proud of him & he is her Grandson so I trusted her. DH went with her for a bit but I kept my distance. After a little while I look around to find them & she's not just showing him off she's passing him around!!!!! I was livid, I was sat with sil & fil & totally lost it. Thankfully fil was very understanding that he's our first & we are protective & want to know the people who are holding him & sil thought we were mad to let her go off with him in the first place!! My very wonderful husband retrieved our son without making a scene! She's going to be the death of me!!

Shradha - have you considered getting a Doppler? Once the baby is a little bigger & the heart beats easier to find they are so reassuring to have.

Right you preggers ladies, it's about time we had some bump pics please!! :D

Welcome back Patrice, love the pics, you're clearly a very proud wife!!

Coy - that is terrible news about your friend. I hope he gets caught, I've also been in a violent relationship, I saw sense when I woke up with bruises on my face, his violence was more subtle. When I moved back home Mum told me she feared for my life with him, so glad I saw sense although really it should have been sooner. Glad you've got your super computer back, it's quiet here without you!

Steph - I looked into the miracle blanket after you mentioned it in Facebook. Unfortunately it's a little late for Xander as he won't be swaddled any more. He likes to kick about in his sleep too much. The sleeping bags work great for that. He's always liked his hands over his head as well so when we did swaddle I just kept them out.

Ashley - are you trying the doppler low enough? I used to find Xander right down by my bakini line well into the second tri.

Afm - we've been out all day today & Xander has been so well behaved. His naps got a little out if synch but he did sleep & didnt have any over tired melt downs. It has been a lovely day. The only thing which spoiled it a bit is my god dam mil, again!!

We went to the family service at their church this morning for the first time. After the service I let her take Xander off to show him off to her friends. It pained me to do it but it is nice that's she's proud of him & he is her Grandson so I trusted her. DH went with her for a bit but I kept my distance. After a little while I look around to find them & she's not just showing him off she's passing him around!!!!! I was livid, I was sat with sil & fil & totally lost it. Thankfully fil was very understanding that he's our first & we are protective & want to know the people who are holding him & sil thought we were mad to let her go off with him in the first place!! My very wonderful husband retrieved our son without making a scene! She's going to be the death of me!!

Laura - If you don't mind me asking, what denomination was the church? Also, that used to happen to me all the time. People at my grandmother's church would ask to hold the baby, and not wanting to be rude, I'd say yes. Than, someone would ask THAT person if they could hold the baby...and pretty soon strangers (but within eye shot) were passing around my baby. I'm like...um, really? To me that honestly shows ZERO respect for the mom if they just ASSUME it's okay to pass off their infant. So annoying. Also, the doppler - I have been looking low. Oh well. My next appointment is this week on Thursday.

Also, DH keeps watching this BAD British show called The IT Crowd. I just don't find the jokes funny. But, I must admit I like how they talk more formal than Americas. Like "dreadful" "Holiday" (Where here in America, a holiday is a vacation - what we call "holiday" is a celebration like Christmas, Easter, etc ). Bits & bobs, cheerio! (bye), fag/fag end (cigarette, cigarette end) are things that I have NEVER heard anyone say in the USA. :)

Laura- re:bump pics. I know, huh! :huh: I have been waiting and waiting for Shradha and Ashley to post pics! :growlmad: My computer prevented it but now we are back on track (somewhat) I am going to see if it will let me upload photo's....

OMG, I would have been totally angry at MIL too! :growlmad: That's what we get for trusting, right?! Oh, I would have steamed her backside with some hot words, that's for sure. When T was born dh and I were sooo protective - still are catually of both of them- and never let just anybody hold them. When my mom came to visit T would cry every time she held her so dh and I quit letting her. She got angry and snapped "babies don't know what they like!- Until I TELL THEM WHAT THEY LIKE!" :shock: then she demanded we hand her over again and leave the house! Dh told her to go to Hades :smug: No way would we leave her alone. Well, we have good reason. I found out as an adult that my uncle was a molester and ourparents knew for decades and never did anything- in fact, let us spend the night at his house as small children! So dh and I decided letting it happen is as bad as doing it so no way would I trust them. I am glad you MIL is proud but she needs to respect your wishes and understand that this is your son. :hugs:

AFM- totally drooping in energy now. I have found a small bit in a sugar rush tho! :thumbup: Ice Cream or skittles works...this is the first time I have had Skittles...talk about a sugar rush, lol! I feel great atm so am typing super fast :haha: while waiting for my school to "sink in"...:coffee:.....

Thanks. :) Yes, this guy is a real peach...A few years ago when I was managing a business here locally he came in and tried to be all sweet on me (while he was married!!!) and I rejected him repeatedly of course. Then one day he hears me listening to my Bruce Springsteen album and comes toting in a huge framed photo signed with a cd etc of Bruce Springsteen :roll: He left it as a "gift" to think of hm. I told him I didn't want it but he winked all creepy at me and walked out. SO, ahem, I hauled it over to his wife's work, explained the situation to her and gave her the "gift" :smug: She is still a good friend of mine today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->