Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Aw! What a gorgeous little boy Steph! I love the pic of he and Nicholas together. :hugs: Gorgeous kids :) I feel bad for you being allergic to cows milk protein, but you can make other types of milkshakes, right? I am a very picky milk-shaker :haha: McDonalds has the best milkshakes because there is actually milk in them and you can suck it through a straw. Arctic Circle on the other hand is terrible as it is just hard ice cream in a tall cup :shrug: I think most of my baby weight with Teagen (my first dd) was from all of the root beer floats! :haha:

AFM- just got back from the emergency room. T got stung by bee (or wasp :shrug:) and her hand started to swell massively. We gave her Benadryl and they put an ice pack on it. The swelling is normal but dh is severelya llergic to bee stings so we worried it might be genetic :huh: Anyway this is her second sting total and they told us that the second sting should generally let us know if she is allergic. Apparently not so this was one of thoose, um, worried parent trips to the ER instead of a neccesary trip...:blush: She is milking it for all she can though, trying to get chocolate chip cookies out of me and dis her chores :groowlmad: I did do her chores for her (why me? :shrug:) though :) Now just gotta get them to bed and asleep and I can relax a minute before my own bedtime! :thumbup: YAY!

Coy- bee sting...poor little T :hugs:. It must have been really painful. How is she feeling? Do you have a bee hive? They say that if you ver get any sting from bee, wasp etc you can put a small piece of tamarind pulp... My dad had a wasp bit on his cheeks and we put tamarind. There was no swelling and after few mins we found a tiny hair of the wasp coming out from the bite.

Steph- Brandon is really adorable :hugs:....handsome dude. I loved your avatar pic....Nicholas and Brandon. Mom wants me to wait for 5 months before putting in any pics....Sorry you all have to wait for few more days:shrug:......

Ashley- wish your son belated happy birthday from my side....kids they grow up so fast....you will not know.....

Laura and steph- when do you have to give your boys injections for prevention against diseases? Is it once a year or earlier?

Hi.......no one has come:shrug:.....where is everybody? Hope you all are ok......

I am feeling very low now....actually I don't know what made me check the earlier pages..... I started with 324 page...as I was reading I was happy I could feel the bond between you all....it was nice:happydance:....but just after few pages..... Why did I read it......:cry:....:cry:......I am heart broken:nope:....... I am signing off.....just need some air:cry:....

So, Josh and I have been discussing about how we really want to do something for the kids (vacation wise). There has been so much going on (and still will) that I haven't ever talked about with hardly anyone, and we feel we just need a "break" or "vacation", per se. We have thought about doing a cruise(s) because while we do not have a lot of money, cruise lines will let you make payments which is really nice :) We have thought about him and I doing one sometime in 2014 (booking it sometime this fall and making payments) however, my oldest will be 8 this November. With that being said, she really wants to go on the Disney Cruise Ship. The Disney Cruise is MUCH more expensive than other leading lines because of the "Disney" name, but I guess If I could swing it, I really wouldn't mind. My children, myself nor my husband has ever been to anything Disney so this would be a much anticipated trip (probably more for me and my husband...LOL) and Us (DH and I) and the two older kiddos are HUGE Disney Buffs and would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to get pictures with the characters and see Disney Broadway-Style plays aboard the ship! *eee!* :happydance: However...here is my "issue" in which I really need advice. More so for the "motherly" part of me than anything else:

* I have thought about possibly just doing a Disney Cruise with DH, myself, and the two older children first because of the cost (six people total would cost SO much (about $8,000 total if we went cheapie... :shock: and we'd legally have to have (2) staterooms because there is only 5 people per stateroom, regardless of age. Staterooms are not promised to be "connected" and at my childrens ages I don't want them in a seperate room anyways, even if they were "connected") and than, once the younger two (my current 4 year old, and baby I am pregnant with) DH and I could take later, when they are older. But, by the time we would "go" he would be six and baby would be two... see where my guilt comes in? LOL

* We WOULD do whatever it took to "make promise" that we would eventually take the younger two on a Disney Cruise.

*Or, DH and I have said him and I could go on a cruise together in 2014, than after that "save up" enough to have a nice vacation on the Disney Cruise and go when the baby I am pregnant with is about 4-5. The only issue is that by that time, our oldest will be 13 - and probably WAY out of the "Disney" thing. Also, if we were ALL going to go and go comfortably, it would cost about $11,000 and honestly, it probably would take us a lot more time to save up that kind of money - and by than it would be more because the majority of the children would be "adult fare" by then.

So, my question is:

If you were me, would you take the older two on a Disney Cruise now - because you can make payments enough for a decent time to go and the children going would be able to appreciate what is really going on, with the promise that when the younger two are older (around 6 and 10) you would take them then?

OR

Would you go with DH for a couples cruise vacation (obviously, not on Disney) and then just save up the money for everyone to go regardless how long it took?

and lastly:

If we took just the older two, with all the reasons I stated above, would I be a bad mom, should I feel guilty if in fact we just take the older two the first time?

Steph - great to hear from you. Love the pics of Brandon, he's such a cutie & has a gorgeous big smile. Our babies are growing up so quickly!!

Shradha - why are you so sad hun? We're all here for you :hugs: those pesky pregnancy hormones!! In response to your question on injections. Xander had his first set at 8 weeks. He has more at 3 & 4 months then some at a year old I think. His first 3 are for whopping cough among other things & I'm really anxious that he gets them quick as there's been a really big outbreak of it in the uk & it's dangerous to young babies.

Coy - I really hope T is better. That must have been a scare but great that's she's not allergic!

Ashley - that's quite a dilemma. Personally I wouldn't want to only take the oldest as id be worried the younger 2 wouldn't forgive me when they were old enough to understand & be worried that even with the best intentions may not be able to take them when they're old. If taking them all in 2014 isn't a workable option could you put it back by a couple of years? I know the oldest will be even older then but from my experience with my in laws who are huge Disney fans kids don't grow out of it!! Then you & you DH do some smaller just the 2 of you sooner?

I'm a half Auntie again!! My very best friend had her baby this morning (we always refer to each other as Aunt) Xander has another little play mate called Larkin! Very unusual & think it's going to be like Xanders name, people either live it or hate it!! Took a moment to digest it but I love it!! Can't wait to go & see them both :D

Laura- wow:happydance::hugs: congratulations on becoming an aunt for the second time.
I feel really sorry when they give injections to babies...poor ones..... My mom was saying that whenever I got one when I was small I used to cry till I reach home..... Did Xander cry a lot?
I get very emotional and angry now a days....I can't control my feelings:dohh:.... Hormones.... I saw your bump pic at 15 weeks....really liked your pic, I wanted to see steph' s too .....but I guess I missed.... My belly doesn't look like yours....it's looks bigger:shrug:.... :winkwink:.... Sorr I am asking you too many questions..... When do we gain weight? I have not gained at all.... But I don't know how my belly looks big:shrug:?

Xander didn't cry too much actually, it's the look of shock & fear on his face, especially as he was asleep that was so heart breaking. They stab it into their legs really hard & quick. I very nearly cried!!

Your bump may look bigger if you're carrying higher. I carried low my whole pregnancy which will make my bump look totally different. People do show their bumps in very different ways though. Have a look on the 3rd tri forum, there's a sticky bump pics thread, the differences in shapes & sizes is huge!! Some people are so tiny at like 35 weeks it's hard to believe they potentially have a 4/5lb baby in them. Also an expanding baby bump doesn't always mean weight gain. At 15weeks I'd only gain about 5lbs I think although it was around there it started to pile on!! If you're still not eating too well because of sickness you may be losing your own weight as quickly as you're putting on weight from the baby.

The hormones are awful, turned me into an angry monster & a total crying wreck!! Hate to say it but it hasn't got much better yet! Some of the rage is better but I still seem to get upset over small things & cry more. I think being a Mummy has turned me into a very big softie!!

Shradha- I agree with Laura- pregnancy hormones for sure! I have to admit, I think our thread was busier back when you started but it has not slowed because of you- Steph and Laura both had their babies, Patrice went to Boot Camp, MsPerry hasn't been on for ages, Akshu hasn't been on either! And we very rarely hear form Alisha. :shrug: But I am constantly surfing on here :haha: I may not catch you as often as I used to- I used to stay up late and get up late so kind of tabbed you on your morning just before i went to bed. But now dh is on a new medication and he has to take it at a certain time in the mornings and always with a meal. So I have to be up, showered, dressed (just my preference :haha:) and make breakfast for everyone. As it is I have slept late a couple times and ended up making his breakfast in my robe :haha: Re: weight gain and bump. K. Every woman is different with the weight gain but it is nothing for you to worry over, even though as a woman I know you will obsess (just like I do :rofl:) Since you are battling thyroid issues that will make a slight difference, re: you have actually lost some weight from what you told me. But if you were slightly overweight to begin with then this is perfectly acceptable and most doc's will advise it anyway. What you have gained is necessary for babes. That's just the way our bodies work. You will have very little control of your body in pregnancy as it seems that all of the rules change :shrug: Hormones again! :roll: lol. On the bump. As this is your first pregnancy you will probably not show the characteristic "basketball" until third trimester sometime. I didn't with my first either. The bigger tummy you are referncing- natural bloat and moving aorund of "stuff" :haha: You'd be amazed what our women's bodies have to go through to accomadate this change! OR you could be showing too with a combination of bloat. It is not FAT and it is perfectly normal. And probably some water retention as well :thumbup: No worries hun! You are doing awesome! We are still all here for you and I think of you every day and wonder how you are- our clocks are so different we are playing "post-tag" most of the time :hugs: :hugs:

Well, dd did NOT sleep well OR in her own bed last night! :growlmad: She woke up 2-3 times fit throwing, then twice I woke up and she was cuddled between dh and I :roll: lol. So I would carry her back to her bed. Then at 5 this morning when dh got up I hear her get up and whisper "Papa can I sleep in your bed?" "Sure honey" "K. I loooovvvve you Papa!" LOL! Trust daddy to totally cave in :roll: Anyway I figured it was okay as it was technically morning :) And she wasn't feeling well, that makes things different. The girls had sore throats yesterday and today the sore throats are gone only to be replaced with runny noses. So they caught a bit of a sniffle. Staying inside until it gets warm. We have had very cold nights (I am cold right now!)

K, today is seriously garage day. I mean it this time :bodyb: lol

So I get this message late last night from my attorney's assistant asking me to look over some docs and add anything before they send them. Well, she negated to add certain EXTREMELY important items that we have talked about for months now, so I emailed her back and left a message. I call bright and early this morning and she mumbles around for a minute then says "I already sent it out yesterday"> :saywhat: She sent it out before even sending for my additions! CRAZY! So I call my attorney and he had to rush and make an amendment this morning :growlmad: Like I need more stress!:wacko:

Thanx Laura And Coy...:hugs:..... Yea you are right... When I put my pic may be that time you both can guide me.
Dh sometimes forgets that I am Preg and thinks I can run around like before.....earlier I could run up the stairs but now I can't......:dohh: he feels I have become lazy......I had to explode:growlmad:......I told him now things have to change......I can't keep running around..... And I started :cry:.....I don't know why I became so senti..... I don't what's the matter with dh :shrug:...suddenly he is becoming so annoying:shrug:.....or is it me.....my hormones?

Coy- hope your DD's get well soon:hugs:....running nose and catching cold have become my best friends with whom I battle everyday:dohh:......

Shradha- lol, yes it is your dh that is annoying:haha: And so can mine be, and Laura's and Steph's and Ashley's I'm sure! :rofl: No, it is in a large part hormones. Butwe have to remember this is all a big change for our dh's too, and often they don't know how to handle it, how to help or contribute, etc. So they may respond differently to you. I remember after first dd I had to yell at dh he was treating me like mama instead of his wife :haha: That changed quickly! And we are over sensative to anything regarding our bodies- weight, swelling, clothes that don't fit, activity levels-- everything! Best advice I can give is just talk to your dh and tell him how you feeland be open to discuss his feelings as well. Sometimes I find with dh that I have to spell out possibles for him and have him pick :haha: Like: Do you 1) think I'm fat and unattractive 2) worried about being a dad 3) regretting pregnancy, etc. This gives him some breathing room as far as having to say certain things, guys can be weird that way. Hang in there, I think you are doing great and YES please post a bump pic!!!:happydance:

Well, I checked and T has temp of 102.3! :shock: So her body is fighting whatever it is pretty hard. And Kat is ata mild 99.3. And dh has a fever too :dohh: so meds all around! :haha: I ran to the store and got all kinds of sanitizer, vitamin C supps, Ibuprofin, Tylenol- fever meds, plus tissues, a garbage can for the living room :roll: to catch the flying tissues, lol! What else? Feel good kid food like pudding, chicken noodle soup....stuff I don't have to spend hours cooking :thumbup: When I got home they were all three squidged into the recliner int he living room. Dh in middle with a dd squeezed on either side with their teddy-bears and blankets :rofl: Poor guy! He's a good daddy!

O my heck, this baby is kicking the bee-jeesus out of me! :haha: I think she is getting cramped and so she gets her feet against my side and puuuuusshshshshes hard! Yow! It's pretty painful sometimes :growlmad: lol! Dh told me several times today he doesn't think I'll "make it" to October- this is funny as he is very practical and analytical, so maybe he is right!

Today dh helped me and we sorted more stuff to throw and stuff to donate, and cleaned up and organized in the garage. Not finished but getting sooo close! :thumbup: Then I want tof inish up the little left of the girls closet. I have two weeks left of my current school course; this is an easy week so thinking of doing my final this week too- just in case she is born I'll still finish! lol! Then I get a week off :happydance: Then I am scheduled (purposefully so) for my easier electives, that way I don't have to think so hard when I am so tired after labor :rofl:

Today was a very boogery day. That's what we moms do- clean boogers :haha: At one point I laughed out loud because I was helping Kat blow her nose and I would say sternly "Now blow. Blow again" and I hear dh saying "blow! Blow again!" and I look over and he is helping T :haha: So we were both up to our eyebrows in sniffly kids today. They are getting better though, I am guessing I will have a very crappy night as sickish kids don't rest well :shrug: but that's what moms are for :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->