Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Shradha- how high was dh's sugar?? Sometimes it's not just what they eat that raises it. It can be an infection, illness, stress....so good idea to have him to the doctor! And :thumbup: for getting out into the air for a walk! It's good for you :) :hugs:

Patrice- in India (where Shradha is at) they do not permit you to know or even ask the gender of the baby :sad1: Shradha said they can "put you away" for even asking! So different from here...

Emma- thanks for the tip, I did go ahead with the bath, felt awesome! :haha:

Coy-wow that sucks. I cant believe you cant know the gender.

Now: seeing my temp is 98.76, spotting twice within 3 days apart..spotting increased yesterday (well mostly discharge) and then I put a pad on thinking it was AF, only a spot or two was on the pad and it was light pink and the spotting stopped after that and I havent had any spotting ever since...what do you think it could be? I never experienced ovulation spotting before so I dont think thats what it was and if it was AF..the spotting would've turned into a proper flow by now.

Welcome back Patrice. Sounds line you've got some big changes going on with moving to Connecticut. Hope you get your bfp soon.

Emma - saline spray is a good send!! Xander was totally inconsolable with his cold earlier, just couldn't eat. Got him the spray & although I had to pin him to the floor & he screamed blue murder when I did it his nose cleared in minutes & he finally guzzled his food & fell asleep!! I still feel rubbish as well :(

Coy - I meant to say yes to the bath yesterday. I found them great when I was pregnant as long as dh was around to help me out!

Shradha - if you get a good profile pick of your baby's head I can have a go at guessing the gender using the skull theory. A girl I work with just had her baby & I guessed right l. So far my hit rate is 100% even though the theory isn't supposed to work!!

Steph - got my phone, it's soooo pretty!! Haven't had a chance to play properly though yet.

Patrice- well, it could be IB but I amtrying toremember how long yago you and dh dtd? Otherwise it could be a wonky cycle but not necessarily. Our crazy women bodies! :wacko:

Laura- yes, I thoroughly enjoyed my bath last night! It helped to relax my muscles some but my legs still ache from yesterdays cramping :shrug:

The last few days I have been getting these shooting pains, um, down there, and through the cervix. Pretty sharp pains too, so guess I may be dilating some more? Also feels like my tummy's going to explode because babes is so cramped :haha: We'll find out more what's going on in about an hour - my doctor appointment today :happydance: At this stage it's always exciting!

Oh the cervix pain... I don't miss that :haha: Hope you get good news re dilation at the docs Coy! I'm assuming it's another internal anyway :shrug:

Hi ladies :hi:

Took me awhile to get back to the computer I had to go shopping :roll: and cook dinner first. I made enchiladas but they're so hot I'm waiting for them to cool a bit :)

Doctor's visit: I am still just barely at 3 cm in dilation, between 2 and 3. Nuts! But doc told me that is not so much a deciding factor in labor--because I can go from 2 to 10 in a matter of minutes! So- cool. And I am 80% effaced :thumbup: sweet! Then when he, ahem, reached in :blush: to check further he was shocked-- he said she is fully engaged and literally 5 cm from crowning! So he warned me that she could take a week or so or could be born tonight. And he told me to expect my labor to be extremely quick as she is so very low-- so I am guessing she is more than ready to be out! Just a matter of waiting for those damned contractions! :growlmad: LOL!

Oh, he was so awesome about it all though. The more we plan the happier I am with him as our doctor this time around. He is very quick witted and analytical but still does everything in a vry natural maner. He asked about a birth plan and I told him "the quickest route possible" :haha: He wanted details on how I wanted to be positioned, etc, and for some reason elevated on my left side they pop right out :shrug: so we'll try that....also he asked me if I wanted babes to be rushed straight to me for "skin time" and to nurse but he was very relieved when I told him to make sure she was perfect first! The way I look at it I have had 9 months or more of skin time...I want to make sureshe is not in distress, make sure her lungs are clear (Teagen had over a cup of fluid that had to be sucked out! :shock:) etc. Anyway he was very happy about that.

Now dh and I are just waiting :coffee:

Coy-ooohhh this is the exciting part!!! Can't wait for your delivery story. And the last time dh and I dtd was on the 17th so that was 10 days ago :shock: I didnt even notice how fast 10 days went by already. But anywho, i only have spotting if i temp or if i ahem "push" in the bathroom :blush: Ad it only lasts for a few hours..if that, and then its back to normal again like i never spotted. Also, i dont need to wear any pads or panty liners because it never turned into a flow. It only comes out in the bathroom so this has been a pretty strange few days for me. Especially since i spotted on the 24th then no spotting again until the 26th/today. So something is going on but im going to patiently wait and see :coffee:

Laura-Thanks and yes a big move. Im pretty ready because I've been wanting to get out of Florida (as crazy as it sounds) but im ready for change.

Patrice- so you are back in FL now? Soon to move...hey maybe you'll get to Connecticut in time for all the awesome fall colors and Haloween!!! Awesome fun when it's not so cold and the fall/autumn colors come out :cloud9: It's always butt-cold here by then! :rofl:

Yes im in Florida currently. DH is already nervous because he keeps hearing how cold its going to be :rofl: Im ready to kick his butt in a snowball fight lol

Patrice- I know it gets cold but not like Alaska temps! Phew, huh! :haha: I found this site that outlines the seasons there pretty well:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28928-s208/Connecticut:United-States:Weather.And.When.To.Go.html

All in all - not to bad! :)

I pushed Xander out on my left side & gotta say it was pretty easier compared with what I expected. It was just like doing a assive poop!! With every push I felt him come further down & he literally flew out head & body in 1 go!! Poor thing was shocked because it was so quick though & needed resuscitation, but only for a few mins & still scored 8 on his first apgar. Took about an hour & half but I know the second will be loads quicker as I won't be so hesitant with the start of the pushes. Is he plan for you to head to hospital on the first contraction as she's so low. Xander wasn't actually fullu engaged either when I started pushing!!

I'm not such a huge fan of autumn (fall!) but only becaus it's continuing to be very wet here. If it was dry it would be beautiful. I think winter is quickly turning into my favourite month as its our only dry 1!!

Patrice- Like how Coy said it will be a last min suspense:dohh:...dh is pretty mad about the whole system here..... We are helpless.

Coy- dh sugar post is 350 and above..... He has 2 strong dose of tablets..... I am worried coz he is not controlling his intake....what's worse that after dinner he needs to munch something till 2 am .... He sleeps late....... I give him fruits, oats meal but he won't eat...... He doesn't want to go to doctor......he is acting like a kid......so annoying:dohh:......

Laura- :happydance:... Now I am excited.....I am waiting for your verdict.....

Laura- when I think about labour I get scared...so much of pain is involved.....the stitches....... I am so scared.....

Today I complete 4 months:happydance:.......still a long way to go.....mom has got me some loose fitting clothes....I am actually swimming in it.....she said no fitting clothes now....she feels I might become like a balloon...:dohh:... I hope so not:nope:.....

Coy- your doctor seems to be a nice guy...... I wish mine was like that....she hardly smiles only takes out something wrong.... Not at all comforting...

The wait must be annoying.....so close....but you must be curious too when will she come out.......

What is enchiladas? What is it made up of ? Just curious.....

Left side position sounds different......will ask my doctor if I can opt for it....

I had to push whilst sitting up with my legs in stirrups and wow it was hard work!! It took me 90 mins to get her head out, but luckily her body came flying out within seconds :shock: I bet that's why I tore... I remember being told that I was only slightly grazed when her head was just out on it's own :shrug:

I tore as Xander shot out head & body in 1 go, I'd had enough by then & pushed sooner than I should have when he was crowning!

Xander is 3 months old today! It's gone so quickly. I just adore the fun little boy he's turning into! In the last 2 days he's started grabbing his feet if he's sat up on me & he's started playing a game with the booby!! He sucks on it, grins letting go then munches on his hand. Then grins & goes back to booby & just keeps alternating between the 2 with lots of cheeky grins. It's so cute!! :cloud9: :cloud9:

Everyone who told me it gets easier were so right!! Even with him being poorly & fussy in the past 2 days he's been easier to deal with than in the first 6 weeks. He's also slept through the night properly for the past 2 nights, 9 - 7. It's getting more frequent now, yay!! Getting a proper nights sleep is probably helping with making things feel easier. Dreading the 4 month sleeping regression!

Laura- I just feel more comfortable on my left :shrug: Not sure if it has anything to do with blood circulation? :huh: Either way...The plan is when I know for sure we only have a certain amount of time left- e.g., I know what the contractions feel like after having two babies so I am guessing at this point I will be able to tell how close I am. See, I knew last time- it was dh that doubted me! :growlmad: I kept telling him "we have GOT to go, NOW!!" and he would chastise me gently and say "Honey, it's gonna be hours, remember last time?" Oh. Yeah. Last time when my first L&D lasted 4 hours total? Aaargh!! He is more on board with a fast move now as it scared him with Kat as close as he was to catching her on our bed! Anyways, I still am a bit unclear as to how babes is 5cm from crowning but doc said she is right there so to expect to move fast when contractions hit :shrug: OK! LOL!

Shradha- mothers can be kind of heartless sometimes in their remarks, I know mine is. Yes, you will get bigger during your pregnancy but it's not just FAT. There will be fat, there always is, and no way to prevent that. It is the hormones making your body store some for the baby's use. It's natural, it's frustrating, but that's it in a nutshell. And it does come off :thumbup: As far as what to wear- you do whatever makes you comfortable. If you want to go buy new clothes and can afford it- do it! :thumbup: I had all of my maternity clothes from before but did pick up a top or two just for vanity :blush: Just remember pregnancy is beautiful- you will not have a cute nipped in little waist and hour glass figure- you will look pregnant, but pregnancy itself is a beautiful thing. Yesterday I chose to wear a n ankle length wine colored dress- it clings literally to every curve and was very form fitting but I chose it because it is stretchy. comfortable and I wouldn't have to take my pants off for the doctor to examine me :dohh: lol! The assistant that has her eyes on my dh looked me up and down twice, sniffed hard, and stomped off. I looked good :shrug: because I felt good- but confidence is a lot of it. If you feel good you are going to look good! So feel good about what is happening to your body! Oh- enchiladas (to answer your question) is a very simple dish you can make with just about anything. I have tortillas (like a flat stretchy bread) and I dip them in a seasoned tomato sauce, lay them flat and add about a cup of spiced meat, tomatoes, shredded cheese (whatever you want) then I tuck the sides, roll it all up in a roll and place it in a baking dish that has a layer of the tomato sauce in it. Then I cover the enchiladas with the spiced sauce (can be red or green chili sauce too) and bake it for half hour then sprinkle cheese on it and eat it :shrug: Very simple and flavorful. I'd love to cook with hotter spices but unfortunately I am the only one here that loves it hot! :haha:

Emma- I know, they tried to make me buckle into those stirrups to while laying on my back! I told the nurses "NO!" lol as even my doc admits it is the hardest position to deliver in. Very convenient for doc to see and reach everything going on but horrible for mom!

Coy- wow....that sounds yummy......thanx for the recipe. Will definately try making it.
Regarding clothes .....yes you are right. If I don't feel good in what I wear it's going to look bad...... I will make some alterations in them. I will stitch them from the sides. Can't hurt mom' s feelings.... They are all new clothes....

I am glad that the lady was staring at you........ She must have understood that you yourself are a hotty:happydance:...... Made for each other couple...... :hugs:....

Yesterday dh was singing in the night and suddenly I felt so much of pull and pricks in my lower belly that I can't tell you....... When he stopped singing all the pulling stopped...... Do you think the baby was dancing?? Or trying to respond....

Time just passes so quickly...... I feel it was just few days back that Brandon, Xander and Phoebe were born..... Soon they will start talking....:happydance: walking....:happydance:.....glad that your babies are giving you tine to sleep.....
Laura- it must be fun watching him play.....he seems to be loving your booby....:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->