Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Coy- Good luck on your dr's appt today, hopefully you get the good news that you've made some more progress! I can't believe you've gone this long either. And by the way, I love the name Aeryn! So beautiful. I know you said there are different ways of pronouncing it (like "Erin" or Er-ee-in") but how do you think you'll pronounce it?

Shradha- Yay, 20 week scan! Hope you get some pics so we can at least take a look and maybe GUESS what you're having. You're allowed to guess right?? ;)

So, question for you guys-- is it strange that B can do tummy time really well with no problem, but still cannot hold his head up straight when holding him up? He still is very unsteady and often cocks it to the side or hangs it forward. Not seeing much improvement, and being that he is almost 4 months old it seems rather unusual. Our next pediatrician's appt is not for a few weeks, but we'll see what she says about it.

Hi Ladies! It's been awhile but I wanted to let you guys know I got a :bfp: today. Took two tests cause I didn't believe it. Just wanted to let you guys know I didn't leave you, I just needed a break from the ttc stuff and low and behold... :) Thanks for all your support and for continuing to support Ashley through everything she's gone through :)

Yay! So excited for you! :hugs: What - No pics of the poas :bfp: ? :saywhat: You KNOW we are addicts on here! :rofl: So happy for you!

hahaha! I totally will, I just have to upload them from my iphone!

Steph- I think at this age anything is normal...development can be so different for each child. T and Kat both held their heads up (albeit breifly) since birth. But I have known a lot fo baby's that take their time, it all has to do with muscle development, even hormones can effect it to a certain extent, etc. Don't worry but to put your mind at ease def talk to your doc! :hugs:

Well, we had a good visit at the doctors office...My weight is at like 148 pounds :sad1: lol, I am guessing urine looked good :shrug: baby's HB is perfect.

Doc did his cervical exam and was shocked because about 1.5-2 inches into the vagina he felt her head! :shock: He said the cervix is pushed down and back a little which is totally normal seeing as babes is shoving down. He said labor will correct the angle :shrug: Anyway he couldn't check too much on dilation and effacement because he would have to push back past babes head to do so :shock: He said seeing as I was 80% effaced last week we are def looking at a bit more this week- not that it matters. Since she is at +1 Station he said dilation can occur in a matter of minutes. So he said he is expecting it to happen anytime. He got an emergency call last night and thought it was me :rofl: but nope :nope: lol! He said it could happen tonight so to be very prepared to come in at the first contraction.

Okee-Doke. lol!

Truck performed great btw, so we are all set for travel :thumbup: No wonder I have been having such hip pain and misery down there...doc said it was normal considering.

Here's alink to an image depicting +1 Station...
https://catalog.nucleusinc.com/generateexhibit.php?ID=8741

I am getting excited! :happydance:

congrats Alicia!!

Coy- im super excited for you now. Hoping next time i get on...it will be a labor story on here!

AFM, im cd ummmmmmm cd9 yeah thats right lol. I tell you my mind is on soo many things right now that I lose track alot. I have been taking prenatal vitamins this cycle. I have gained alot of discharge with it so im guessing thats normal. DH is graduating from basic sub school Nov. 30th and I will be there to see him graduate :happydance: Once he graduates....I can move up there until he completes his A school so im excited.

Hi Ladies! It's been awhile but I wanted to let you guys know I got a :bfp: today. Took two tests cause I didn't believe it. Just wanted to let you guys know I didn't leave you, I just needed a break from the ttc stuff and low and behold... :) Thanks for all your support and for continuing to support Ashley through everything she's gone through :)

Wow....that's great news Alicia:happydance:...Congratulations:hugs:....when are you visiting the doctor?

Emma & Steph- yes.....I am waiting for the scan...especially coz I think I will get hold of a pic:happydance:....or else I am going to yell at the doctor.:growlmad:
Steph .....yea I am waiting to hear from you all......I am a bit curious too...

Shradha- interesting customs in India! :) But 6 months is a great age to introduce foods :thumbup: When we introduce at 5 months or so it is just very watery rice cereal smashed and just a taste here and there. Still very much full time breastfeeding. What kind of ceremony is it? :huh:
As soon as the child is born we take the time and day and give it to an astrologer to make a horoscope of the child. Accordingly they will mention which alphabet the name of the baby should be like A or S......so on the 28th day after birth we have the naming ceremony,where we call a priest, relatives & friends. The father of the child whispers the name into the baby' s ears.... Here it depends...many do in temples with just family and priest in a small way...

After this ceremony comes the rice ceremony.....when the child is 6 months old we go to a temple. The priest will offer prayer to god and bring some cooked rice in a banana leaf. The parents are supposed to sit in the ground and put few grains of the rice into the child's mouth..... After this we can give the child liquid food..like how you said...before this the baby only has milk from mommy and nothing else....

We really have so many ceremonies..... Actually before child birth there is another one ....when we are 7 months pregnant...the MIL is supposed to call friends and relatives and have a party. Where the mother to be dresses like a bride and sits in the chair. One by one people will come and give here gifts, coconut, red color bangles, sweets and bless her and after this she is sent to her mothers house......on the way she visits a temple... After this she cannot go to the temple....only when the child is 13 days old she can go......

I was waiting for this ceremony but....my MIL is not here. She will only come few days before my DD. So I am feeling very sad.

Omg.....I guess I am in a writing mood....hmmm
Coy- soooo close.....are you worried? I mean she is so near....it's like she can pop out anytime..... If I was in your place I would have been freaking out.....you are so strong.....

Shradha- interesting customs in India! :) But 6 months is a great age to introduce foods :thumbup: When we introduce at 5 months or so it is just very watery rice cereal smashed and just a taste here and there. Still very much full time breastfeeding. What kind of ceremony is it? :huh:
As soon as the child is born we take the time and day and give it to an astrologer to make a horoscope of the child. Accordingly they will mention which alphabet the name of the baby should be like A or S......so on the 28th day after birth we have the naming ceremony,where we call a priest, relatives & friends. The father of the child whispers the name into the baby' s ears.... Here it depends...many do in temples with just family and priest in a small way...

After this ceremony comes the rice ceremony.....when the child is 6 months old we go to a temple. The priest will offer prayer to god and bring some cooked rice in a banana leaf. The parents are supposed to sit in the ground and put few grains of the rice into the child's mouth..... After this we can give the child liquid food..like how you said...before this the baby only has milk from mommy and nothing else....

We really have so many ceremonies..... Actually before child birth there is another one ....when we are 7 months pregnant...the MIL is supposed to call friends and relatives and have a party. Where the mother to be dresses like a bride and sits in the chair. One by one people will come and give here gifts, coconut, red color bangles, sweets and bless her and after this she is sent to her mothers house......on the way she visits a temple... After this she cannot go to the temple....only when the child is 13 days old she can go......

I was waiting for this ceremony but....my MIL is not here. She will only come few days before my DD. So I am feeling very sad.

That is all very interesting, I am very much into astrology, numerology and all those esoteric practices.

So, where is your MIL? If she can't host the ceremony, is there someone else who can?

Coy, things are heating up it looks like! Hmmm, I think Oct 15th (new moon)... a lot of births happen on the full or new moon...

This morning was the first time my boobs (yes my boobs) didn't wake me up at 6 am. They're like my other baby, LOL... They are usually my 6am alarm clock, right on the dot... but today I was able to go to 8am-- they were VERY engorged and painful, hard as rocks... but at least I got the 2 extra hours of sleep. Brandon has been sleeping until 8-9 these days, so usually when my boobs wake me up I have to pump to relieve them until he's up. I have a large stash in the freezer because of it! I'm getting to the point where I need to do something with the extra milk, whether I donate it or use it for other things or in recipes. I occasionally give some to Nicholas is a cup, when I have some extra that I've pumped. He loves it! Some of you may think this is weird (I hope not) but I think it's good for him, better than cow's milk anyway. Especially if he gets sick, I will definitely be giving him more.

Steph- my MIL is in Canada with my SIL.....Unless my MIL tells someone....no one will do anything..

So sad your boobs are hurting......

Question time friends.......I am worried....when you were pregnant did any of you become hairy?:cry:
Of late I am finding that my body is getting hairy.....in odd places...Like on my stomach... I always thought myself to be lucky as I am not hairy.... I have hardly any hair on my legs or hands...but now I can find some.....This silly hormones......

Steph- my MIL is in Canada with my SIL.....Unless my MIL tells someone....no one will do anything..

So sad your boobs are hurting......

Question time friends.......I am worried....when you were pregnant did any of you become hairy?:cry:
Of late I am finding that my body is getting hairy.....in odd places...Like on my stomach... I always thought myself to be lucky as I am not hairy.... I have hardly any hair on my legs or hands...but now I can find some.....This silly hormones......

Hairy? :haha: lol :rofl: Hairy? On the tummy? :rofl: :haha: Odd places? :rofl:

YES. :sad1:

We all get hairy hon, it's just part of our wonderful hormonal bodies! :hugs: Especially the tummy. Mine is fuzzy right now too- but it goes away after babes is born honest! :thumbup: Do you remember Laura (I think it was Laura...) mentioning it a few months before Xander was born? Yep, I get fuzzy on my tummy, pretty much everywhere....but it goes away so don't worry!

I can't wait for your scan btw! :cloud9: Comin' up! :thumbup: Can you believe how far along you are already??? Time flies....especially after ms is gone!

Shradha - yep to the hairy tummy. Lots of tummy fuzz but it went really quickly. Weirdly my leg & underarm hair growth slowed down & the hair became really light & fine, the total opposite to what it is usually as I'm very dark haired naturally.

Coy - I'm sure Xander wasn't that low even at 10 cm dilated!! It must be a relief to have the car sorted although I'm still not entirely convinced you'll need it.

Steph - I think you probably don't have anything to worry about with Brandon's head control if he's so good at his tummy time but, I know if it was Xander I wouldn't be able to help worrying & would be going to see someone. Is he rolling over yet? Xander makes no real effort to roll over & is quite stiff in his back, I'm thinking he may be getting a bit behind on this now? He has however got really little legs compared to his body now so I don't think can get the leverage. His stiff back however means he's fab at sitting. He can stay up by himself for a few seconds now.

Huge congrats Alicia :hugs: when's your due date? It must be close to Brandon bday I think.

Had a good day today. Bought Xander's high chair & some plastic spoons & bowls ready for weaning next month. Think I'm going to try him in the high chair sooner as it should be good for him to play in & hopefully keep him occupied with toys in whatever room I need to do housework in!! It's a full 5 point harness with string back & Xander fits it really well.

We also viewed our bump & baby shots. They're great. We got a bump & baby pic as part of the shoot (present from friends) and have bought his digital copies of 10 which we can then print however we like. They're going on a secure website as well so if you'd like to see them all let me know & I'll pm the website details & password when I've got it.

Laura- what do you mean you are not convinced we'll need it? :huh: Do you mean the truck? :shrug: Think we're gonna have her at home :haha: lol! I sure hope not but the thought has crossed our minds more than once! In fact we got some delivery tips from doc yesterday just in case. Stuff like how to properly break waters if the bag doesn't break on it's own, etc. Dh has trained as a midwife and caught Teagen and aided in the birth of both dd's but we weren't opositive the process for breaking waters. Just inc ase 8-[ LOL!

Re: the truck. Now that we have driven it a couple days we get a note fromt he mechanic saying he's sorry he didn't come back yet :haha: :roll: MEN!

Re: my butt hurting...I looked online at pelvic muscles and how they spread...here's a pic of the ligaments and muscles spreeeeaaaddding out! :haha: The red lines are the muscles and ligaments :nope: Last night dh gave me a massage- it was awweesome! But he can only rub my butt for so long :haha: :rofl: Poor fella :)

https://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o611/greyeyes3/pelvis_zps768bdc3e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->