Looking for official TTC buddies!!

So last night about 8 pm I noticed what I assume to be Braxton Hicks. Very tight and hard around the tummy and kind of painful (just crampy) under the tummy and around to the sides. So I timed them as coming about every 15-20 minutes or so. I told dh and he gets all excited and says "you're having the baby!" :haha: I had to remind him that this could go on for days...to which he paid no mind. He hopped in the shower, got his stuff ready, (while I put dd's to bed) and excitedly asked me how I was feeling. I know he was hoping for some real contractions :haha: But nope. Just those blasted BH all night long. They were strong enough to wake me up about twice an hour though so I wonder if it is a prequel to labor? :huh: Anyway, poor dh was so excited he spent most of the night up waiting, lol, I finally went in (TWICE) about 4 am and told him if babes was on the way I needed him to be rested. I'd hate to go into labor, exhaust myself, then after babes is born have dh crash out! :haha: So he finally aquiesced to some sleep :) But I am hopeful this is a trigger to real labor!

Oh oh oh, excited!! Would be hopping about if wasn't holding a sleeping baby!! That has got to be the start of it surely?!?! I guess 24 hours from now she'll be here!!

Oh oh oh, excited!! Would be hopping about if wasn't holding a sleeping baby!! That has got to be the start of it surely?!?! I guess 24 hours from now she'll be here!!

I sure hope so! I have been walking a lot today even though it is cold and windy :cold: Nothing though but those crazy BH :growlmad: I think babes is tired as every time I get a BH I am sure she is affected by it. She usually gives a nudge or two after one is over and this happened all night, so poor baby is probably zonked in there! :haha: I am going to bang out my team assignment and maybe take another bath and try to relax...maybe that will start stuff up: :huh: As of now I am in middle of a BH and it gets pretty uncomfortable, like a twanging pain running from groin to groin under my tummy. It lasts for about a minute or so then fades :shrug: *sigh* Today would be a good day lol! Also, we just realized one of our lovely neighbors has shot out the headlight on our Suburban with a BB gun :growlmad: and the parts store is closed until MOnday :roll: So hope we don't have to drive at night! I guess one headlight is better than none (Laura, don't tell your dh, he's police, right? LOL! :haha:) don't need a ticket!

I sure hope so! I have been walking a lot today even though it is cold and windy :cold: Nothing though but those crazy BH :growlmad: I think babes is tired as every time I get a BH I am sure she is affected by it. She usually gives a nudge or two after one is over and this happened all night, so poor baby is probably zonked in there! :haha: I am going to bang out my team assignment and maybe take another bath and try to relax...maybe that will start stuff up: :huh: As of now I am in middle of a BH and it gets pretty uncomfortable, like a twanging pain running from groin to groin under my tummy. It lasts for about a minute or so then fades :shrug: *sigh* Today would be a good day lol! Also, we just realized one of our lovely neighbors has shot out the headlight on our Suburban with a BB gun :growlmad: and the parts store is closed until MOnday :roll: So hope we don't have to drive at night! I guess one headlight is better than none (Laura, don't tell your dh, he's police, right? LOL! :haha:) don't need a ticket!

If my hubby caught you in a car minus a headlight but in labour he's take you to the hospital, sirens blazing and everything! He's a sweety though not o e of the miserable jumped up police officers. He's actually got the second part of his Sergeants exam on Friday. Really hoping he passes it.

Having not gone into labour naturally how can you tell when a bh becomes a contraction? What you're describing is what I thought a contraction was.

Laura- the difference between what I am experiencing now and what I experienced as contractions with my other 2 pregnancies is the lack of excruciating pain! :haha: It would be soooo freaking awesome if this was it and no pain :rofl: but I don't think I'm gonna be that lucky :nope: This is a contraction but not painful really. I mean I feel a tightening around the tummy that is pretty extreme, plus the really uncomfortable "pulling" sensation of the muscle under my belly from groin to groin...which in my labors before was all-consuming pain :shrug:

I guess what I am waiting for is "crunch time" as I call it :haha: From crunch time to baby is probably going to be very painful and brief (I hope brief :) )

Coy- are you still online? How are you feeling now? Has the contractions begun? By the way what is BH. Your dh must be waiting.... It must be like so near yet far...can understand the feeling....I am waiting for my baby to come out....although it's too early....:happydance:

Do we really have to go through so much of pain and trouble before labour? My gosh!! So I have to be ready for all this...... Hats off to all of you.....
Coy this is your third time and you are taking it so wonderfully :hugs:.... I guess I am weak hearted and very scared of all this..... I always thought about the good things never ever even think that with hood also comes a bit of hardship:dohh:.....

Laura- convey my best wishes to dh for his exams.....
Is it getting cold there? Here it's still hot. No sign of rain.....

Went for blood test as the doctor had recommended....everything thing is normal.... My fasting sugar is stuck to 98..... Thyroid is normal. Going to the endo doctor on Tuesday and scan on wednesday.

This cold is making my life miserable.....what is bad is the continuos sneezing..... It's like an allergy.... Comes stays for few hours and goes......again comes.

Shradha - that's great news all your numbers are good. Can't wait to see your scan pics. It's horrible having a cold when pregnant. I had a few, rest as much as possible & keep your fluids up.

Coy - any excruciating pain yet?!?? Hate to wish it on you be we want to meet your princess!!

It's Xander christening today. Kind of looking forward to it & nervous as its not at a great time for his moods, 3pm, just as the afternoon fussiness starts! Hopefully he'll be distracted by lots of people.

Weather today is beautiful So far. Cold but beautiful blue sky to our surprise. Bad weather follows us for all our significant events. All day torrential rain on our wedding day & hail the size of golf balls the day Xander was born, the hail storm was the worst for decades actually going through garage roofs & denting cars!!

Aw, Xander's christening will be great, make sure you take plenty of piccies!! Hopefully with all that will be going on around him he won't be fussy :thumbup:

Laura- Don't worry Xander will be fine. He is a sweetheart :hugs:.

Emma- how is Phoebe? How are you doing?

Coy- where are you? Is it baby time?

We're fine thanks Shradha, Phoebe is 7 weeks old today! :shock: She's just been moved from her little carrycot to the big cot, she's growing up fast :cloud9: How's your pregnancy going? Has the MS gone now?

Hi ladies! :hi:

Shradha- thanks, yep there is a lot of discomfort to pregnancy but a lot of joy that comes too :thumbup: The good waaay makes up for the bad :hugs: Nothing to be afraid of by the way, this women have been doing since the beginning of time! Pain is fleeting :) Can't wait for your scan, I sure hope you post pics!

Emma- how are you and your little gal doing? :hugs:

Laura- nope :nope: no excruciating pain yet :haha: Soon though I bet. I know right, I don't wish it on me either but I know it is coming...soon as they come they will go and then we'll have our brand new little family member, can't wait! Will you post pics of Xander's christening? Hope it all goes smoothly for you! :thumbup: No hailstones :rofl:

Patrice- how are you? :huh: Still shopping??

Where's Alicia??

Coy- are you still online? How are you feeling now? Has the contractions begun? By the way what is BH. Your dh must be waiting.... It must be like so near yet far...can understand the feeling....I am waiting for my baby to come out....although it's too early....:happydance:

Do we really have to go through so much of pain and trouble before labour? My gosh!! So I have to be ready for all this...... Hats off to all of you.....
Coy this is your third time and you are taking it so wonderfully :hugs:.... I guess I am weak hearted and very scared of all this..... I always thought about the good things never ever even think that with hood also comes a bit of hardship:dohh:.....

BH is "Braxton Hicks" Braxton Hicks are practice contractions that your body goes through to prepare for labor. They are supposed to strengthen your uterus, etc, for final labor. I have had them with my other pregnancies but I don't remember them being this strong or this frequent 8-[

Laura- lol, I was just reading online about contraction pain ....I felt so bad when I was in labor because dh would try to rub my back etc and I would screama t him to get his hands off! :rofl: It was like wherever he touched a muscle cramp would begin...I just read online that some lady couldn't talk through her contractions (very nearly impossible to do) and would scream at other people to shut up too :haha: Sounds about right!

I keep getting these what I am assuming are contractions...It starts in my left side and travels under my belly into my pelvic area, tightens very painfully and sharply, holds for about 30-40 seconds then fades... :shrug: What were your contractions like? Could you talk through them? :huh:

I was induced so my contractions weren't exactly normal (apparently!!) they started in my back as well as I was in back labour for most of it. Just like you though I could bear for dh to touch my back, I wanted to scratch his eyes out if he did!! I needed pressure against the whole back so would sit right up against the raised bed or chair & kindof rock gently.

I'm trying to remember what the contractions were like but it's so hard, it's all kind of a blur now!! So start with it was like an almost deep stabbing pain in my lower back. But stab as in a knife going in & being turned around & then pulled out!! This got gradually
more painful & went from lasting 45 secs to a minute & a half. It only got me to 3cm though even after having them for 24 hours!! They did however get even stronger once they broke my waters & were almost back to back. It never really was noticeable in my front though until near the end when it felt like my bump was going to crush my insides with the pressure & pain. It was actually when I was ready to push but I hadn't associated the unbearable pressure with my body actually trying to push him out.

From what you're describing though I think it's worth a trip to l & d just to get checked over as it really could be the start of it. It certainly sounds like contractions.

Everything turned out great for the christening. The weather stayed beautiful all day, bright sunshine & blue skies. Everyone enjoyed the afternoon & Xander was as good as gold. Only cried a tiny bit after getting his head wet & occassionally when being passed around. We didn't get a chance to take pics but my sil has taken loads for us. When I have copies I'll put some up for you to see. There may however be some up on Facebook before then as a few people took pics.

Re being able to talk through them, I could well into labour. The only thing that stopped me in the later staged was sucking on the gas & air. If you have a good breathing technique & a lot of self control I think it's easier to talk through the contractions & can make how severe they are misleading. My yoga teacher told us to make out we couldn't talk very well just to be taken seriously!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->