Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Hi ladies! I promised at POAS pic of my BFP, well here it is! I believe I'm roughly 6 weeks today :) I have my first OB visit on Oct 30th and will definitely update then! Sorry for the few and far between posts but my photography business is keeping me on my toes!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/70839734@N04/8095102420/

Alicia- is it just me or can we not see the pic? Congrats on being 6 weeks! When is your first dr's appt?

Coy- Can't believe there is no baby yet! You might possibly go over your due date, which none of us thought would happen. One of your girls was 2 weeks overdue, yeah?

Patrice- 160gb?? Didn't even know they sell those! I have a REALLY old school one from 2003, one of the first generation ones, still works! It's 40gb and I thought that was a lot.

Nicholas is feeling better, thanks guys for asking! It really didn't develop into much at all and I really think the BM helped! So awesome, it's like a natural medicine or dare I say cure! Brandon hasn't gotten sick yet either, knock on wood!

Re: insurance, I have medical but we cancelled our dental about a year ago. We were paying more for insurance than we were for the procedures, so it didn't make sense. Now, ironically, I have so much dental work that needs to be done and no insurance for it! Pregnancy and bf'ing have messed up my teeth.

Hi ladies! I promised at POAS pic of my BFP, well here it is! I believe I'm roughly 6 weeks today :) I have my first OB visit on Oct 30th and will definitely update then! Sorry for the few and far between posts but my photography business is keeping me on my toes!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/70839734@N04/8095102420/

Oops, just saw you wrote about your first OB visit, I still have baby brain :dohh:

Steph- yes, Kat was 2 weeks overdue- I suuuure hope that isn't the case with this one :nope: lol! I am doing everything I can though- I even went out and chopped wood today! :haha: Dh did do and I don't think he realized I was in the back yard swinging the axe :blush: but I thought maybe the additional activity would help :shrug: I would go walking but it is howling wind and rain today....

BTW Laura-- My iphone finally left the warehouse and is being shipped to me right now! :happydance:

Alicia- I didn't know you were a photographer! Me too! :hugs: I love it- so fun and creative when you have the time :thumbup:

AFM- my next appointment is tomorrow ...would be nice to skip it and just have a baby :growlmad:

OMG my kids are crazy tonight....no sooner than I said it was bedtime but they started climbing the walls. Literally :wacko: And singing Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean". :roll:

Hey everyone. Just an update on me:

Been bleeding since I had Malachi last month. Started off as a yucky brown, now has become bright red. I'm on the Aleese birth control, which I should have a "real" AF in about two weeks when I'm on the placebo part of my pack. Not sure if I'll bleed straight threw or what. I'm on it to keep me from getting pregnant until I'm "ready" - medically and emotionally, I guess. I'm so darn angry but what can I do?

I see the RE on October 28th. Not sure if I'll go though. Can't really afford anymore medical bills. Depression has sunk it's nasty teeth inside of my veins, so I have an appointment on Thursday to see my GP doctor to talk about it, and see if I can get on something.

Met my sponsor today for my entrance into the Roman Catholic Church. I'll be officially a Catholic on December 15th.

I have an achy tooth :( I had jaw surgery years ago and it basically KILLED the blood supply to my back teeth on both sides, but one tooth in particular is getting worse and worse with pain, others don't both me. Last time I seen a dentist he said I could get a root canal on that tooth. I've never had one but nightmares came to me as I laid on that chair, thinking of all the horrible scenes from movies I've seen about people and root canals! :( My husband needs his wisdom teeth removed, too. LOL. Found out both my boys will need glasses, so in the end everyone in my little family, including myself needs glasses. Except I haven't worn mine in months cause I lost it and coverage doesn't start for new eyewear until January. Psh.

DH is in the process of getting pre-approved for a mortgage.

What a waste of a day.......theses people are so irresponsible.:growlmad: a quick update.
I was supposed to have my scan today. I had made the appointment 1 month in advance. We all went to the gyn.....all excited and she tells me oops so sorry no scan today....we already have so many patients for scan...pls come on Friday. I got wild....I told her doctor.....at least you should have cancelled our appointment in phone.... It takes us 1 hr to reach here.....it is raining now and the roads are very bad.... She just said sorry.... See you later....I was so annoyed.....my mom gave her nicely. Sorry friends will catch up later....my whole body is paining....roads have become so bad.....

Good to hear from you Ashley. Given the year you have had it us understandable you feel so low, going to your Drs is a good decision. Do you attend any support groups as well to talk through how you feel with others in the same situation? Re the root canal, I've had 2. There's no worse than any other filling. Just take longer & have a weird x ray half way through with pins sticking out of the gum!! They numb you good and proper though so don't feel a thing.

Shradha - I would be crazy mad too if they did that to me!! Hope you made it home safely.

Coy - have the girls tired themselves out for bed now?! They have such a lot of spirit.

Steph - yay for the iPhone 5 coming. Do you have an arrival date?

Afm - af arrived giving me a 27 day cycle, back to what it was before I was pregnant. I'm quite surprised its settled so quickly. I'm also not getting the really bad cramps any more, bonus!! I'm going to start taking the odd temp when I remember to see if I'm ovulating & how my progesterone may be post ovulation.

Question re babies sleeping. Xander lives his sleep which is great and sleeps later in the morning if he's settled later at night. I don't wake him in the morning unless I really have to (of the cat does!!) so he can be awake anytime between 6 & 9. Should I be deciding on a set time he should be awake by & waking him at that time everyday?

It's good to hear from you Ashley, I'm glad you're seeing your GP about the depression. You're taking all of the right steps to get your forever baby :hugs:

I'm sorry your scan got postponed Shradha, so annoying :nope: It'll be worth the wait though!

Laura, personally I just let Phoebe sleep in to whatever time she wants atm, but I'm just letting her do her own thing right now. But maybe if you're trying to establish a routine with Xander you should wake him? Would you run the risk of him being grumpy for a while though, because that's how Phoebe gets if she's disturbed during a deep sleep.

Shradha- I'd be steaming mad too. They should have a protocol in place for those kinds of things. I mean, what's the point of having an appt if they just tell you to leave if it's too crowded. Hope they will see you on Friday, sorry you have to drive so far...

Ashley- It might be a wise decision to wait to see the RE. If you are on the pill then they wouldn't be able to get accurate tests from you anyway, ie hormone levels etc... And if you don't plan on ttc for a while, it wouldn't make sense to go right now... I would go when you're about to go off the pill and you're ready to start trying again. The doctor will need a good baseline of where you're at when you start ttc. Oh, and root canals aren't so bad. I had one when I was 10! They just numb you up like a regular cavity, you don't have to be put out or anything. You won't feel anything, they just take a little longer.

Laura- I'm with the philosophy of never wake a sleeping baby. Sleep is so precious, so unless we have somewhere to be or something, I let the baby sleep. It DID get us into trouble with Nicholas though, when he was older and taking one afternoon nap a day, he would sleep forever... sometimes well into the evening, when other kids would be going to sleep for the night! So sometimes he wouldn't go to bed until midnight or something. But we just never wanted to wake him up, both because he needed the sleep but also because we got used to enjoying that break time :) But he's on a good schedule now... sleeps from 8pm to 7am. Brandon sleeps A LOT, and I just let him dictate his own sleep schedule, as long as he's got all his feedings in for the day.

Ashley- I agree it is wise to see your Doc about the depression. And yes, if you can afford it please keep your appointment with RE, you are a very special and very important lady! Try to stay positive and focus on positive things--I am excited that you are happy about becoming a Catholic soon! Good for you, this is one very positive thing and I am sure your new church family will be very supportive for you as well :hugs: :hugs:

Shradha- butt-kicking time! :growlmad: When I was prego with T and Kat we had to travel an hour and 20 minutes each way- I hated getting cancelled! It is so thoughtless and inconsiderate on part of the hospital and MW's they should just take a moment to call :growlmad: Glad you got rescheduled though- be sure to call and confirm a few minutes before you leave home! :thumbup:

Laura- I agree with Steph- if it is morning let babes sleep :thumbup: I always try to wake babes though if it is getting close but not quite to bed time ... Just for a change and a feed and then sleep again. Awesome your cycles are back to normal! Way to go! One less stress to worry about :) And look at you charting already, where do you get your post labor energy??

Steph- I have no clue what an IPhone has to offer but I am excited for you! :rofl: Dh and I have always had the philosophy if we can't use it for business or staying in touch with each other we don't worry about it...but he did recently go out and purchase two new phones with cameras and a couple other "military-man" interests :haha: I'll be surprised if there's not a Swiss Army knife attached somewhere.....

AFM- No baby yet :growlmad: I slept soOOoo miserably last night- cramps in my calves and hips all night, plus it felt like babes was just going to squeeze down and all the way out on her own! I will say quite candidly that it is difficult to rest when all that is happening, ahem, down there. lol! I think she is a very determined little girl! :cloud9: She's about out now as it is, why wait for contractions? :rofl: I got up and took dh's shower slot :haha: Poor fella- he puts up with me though :haha: Doctor's appointment today, maybe we can find out what's up?:huh:

Coy - is it bad that I'm disappointed that when your post doesn't start with "she's here!" or that you're in labour!! Hope your appointment shows there's been progression. Surely by now you could push her out simy sneezing a few times?! :haha:

Thanks for the advice. I shall be taking it & leaving him be in the mornings. He's got himself into a wonderful 3 hourly routine. Eat, play, nap, eat, play, nap etc. I'd hate to ruin it. I'm not entirely sure it's a permanent thing but I'm making the most of the predictability while it lasts!!

Is it possible for a baby to have a mild tummy bug but not be at all bothered by it? Xander was throwing up a lot yesterday but I put it down to a bad reflux day which he has sometimes but he was just as bad this morning & ended up with a rash on his chin & cheek from all the vomit. His rash is better now & he's been less sicky this afternoon. Can't make up my mind if its a bug or just reflux, I was planning to visit a friend & her 5 week old baby but don't want to go if its a bug. What do you recon? Oh, he's had a couple if extra pooy nappies today but they've been the same watery yellow that they usually are, he's also been less hydrated with a lot less wet nappies than usual.

A few piccies.

First time in his high chair!! He's a bit lobsided as I hadn't tightened the straps yet.

https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/lauraemily17/CC72C65F-6094-4E37-83D3-1BA59FB75F62-5355-0000039241E48A69.jpg

He was really happy in it playing with his new flutterby toy. (A Lamaze firefly!) it's the first time we've been able to eat dinner together at home before he is in bed for a loooooong time! Normally we end up taking it in turns to eat. He's only using his high chair for play time for the next few weeks so he's used to it when I start him on solids.

https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/lauraemily17/128A39DC-AD6E-4385-BE3E-4F4A9718F0C4-5355-0000039271DD0641.jpg

Zebra baby

https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/lauraemily17/3486C18D-5D17-4AAC-8EEF-21FC33A1AEA5-5355-000003924776DFDE.jpg

Xander is so precious!

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"