Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Ashley-Yes one day it will happen for us. Hopefully sooner rather than later though :hugs: But will be patiently waiting until that time comes.

AFM, im on cd2 today. So 5 more days to go and then hopefully AF will kick rocks :thumbup: But as of right now, I have a sore throat which sucks so hopefully that goes away because bloating, cramps, fatigue, AF and then on top of that a sore throat...bad combination :nope: Im just ready to go to the doc and see what she has to say. I am going to a family practice doctor and she specializes in hormonal therapy so thats good for me also. I need to be in tip top shape by the time the trip next month comes around :haha: So we shall see.

Ashley - you're right about the name. It's a tradition followed by Indians in the uk as well. The initial is decided according to some astrology I think. They're given a choice if 3. That part however isn't often followed in the uk. I don't think finding the gender is a tradition, it's due to boys being such a strong preferance and the action some may be tempted to take if they know its a girl. It was the same where I live 15/20 years ago apparently, my boss was desperate to know just out of noseyness but they refused to tell him & his wife because they were Indian!! Appalling really. Correct me if I'm wrong Shradha. How are you feeling today Ashley? Are the tablets starting to take effect?

Patrice - I think it's great you're looking to get things sorted before you're back together & full time ttc. Hopefully if you get answers and treatment you can then be stress free ttc in a few months. Will you get another scan to see if the cyst is still there?

Coy - any news?!? You've said before that you hadn't told your family you're pregnant again, was just wondering if you'd told them yet?

Afm - Xander amazed us today. We gave him 1 of his weaning spoons to play with so he's familiar with it when we start weaning. He was great at holding it & had a munch on the handle. What surprised us was his ability to pass it from 1 hand to the other!! We didn't notice him do it to start just realised it was in his other hand, turns out we got pics if it in progress, I'll post in a bit. He did it a few times as well so it wasn't just a fluke. Should he be doing this at not quite 4 months? He does love using his hands. His favourite activity on the play mat currently is to grab his hanging toys with both hands & pull the toy into his mouth!

Spoon is in Xander's right hand and his bought his hands together.

https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/lauraemily17/DB6452D2-390F-4FC0-94E9-FFF0BF3DA0D3-8353-000005DB3984EE3B.jpg

Spoon is now in Xander's left hand!!

https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/lauraemily17/E3509EAE-3CE5-4B18-9104-C79E1F675C8C-8353-000005DB3FC0A7C2.jpg

We've got him doing it again on video but I have no idea how to get it on here.

Ashley- I have heard that too...in fact Shradha mentioned something about baby being 6 weeks old and they go through some ceremony and a rep of their church (?) names the baby. Glad to see you on here lady, I miss you when you don't post!

Laura- all attributed to breastmilk :haha: I know they say breastmilk encourages brain development which in turn has an affect on everything- motor skills, et cetera. What a gorgeous little fella you have--can I have him?:huh: :haha: He's beautiful :hugs: (Good job you and your dh!)

Patrice- :hi: your life is very busy rgiht now, I am glad you are so organized you can "make it all happen" like it should, the move and MIL and everything....remember, buy some Ugs or something! :haha: Connecticut can get pretty darn cool from what I have read.....

Steph- how are you? :huh: Those boys running you ragged yet? :)

AFM- Aeryn is s.t.u.b.b.o.r.n. LOL! Aargh, my hips are sore and stiff! I feel rusty if that is possible....Tons of vaginal pressure just no baby yet (on the outside). Crap, I am now 3 days overdue! :dohh: lol! Shows what I know :haha: It's gotta be soon though...right? lol!

Today I am planning on saying to "heck" with being so careful about everything and I am going into the back yard and chopping wood :growlmad: Gonna do something physical I enjoy...I will use our log splitter though (my 3 year old insists as she doesn't want me to hurt the baby by swinging an axe :haha:) just get some wood for our fireplace ready agagin. We are supposed to get snow today! :shock: We had it by the 6th of October last year :cold: and I don't miss it a bit right now. Hoping to get a few more things (non-urget) accomplished since Aeryn is taking her sweet time.....

Laura-Im with Coy with the breastmilk. And he is soooo adorable. Also, yes I will ask for a scan so they can see the cysts and work from there.

Coy-Hoping she comes out soon for you. Maybe physical activity is just the little boost she needs :haha:

Sorry friends.....I too missed you all....my cousins had come over to see me...their kids are small and are I must say very naughty....:winkwink:....I had a tough time keeping them not to break any of my show pieces:dohh:..... Finally I don't know what happened they did something and broke the modem..... I actually didn't know....when dh came back from office, he found out...as it was late night so couldn't get a new one...my bedroom was in a mess....my cousins didn't even tell them to behave.... Now everything is fine....we got a new modem....so I am back.....:happydance:

Coy- Aeryn is really making you wait....... How are you coping with the pain?

Ashley- I really have no idea....but the doctor told me that the scan was like that as they didn't want anyone to know the gender of the baby.
It is surprising but it's not just the poor but also well educated well to do family want a boy..... They consider girl as a burden.....for various reasons.....dowry etc....boy takes care of his parents in old age, he takes the family name ahead whereas a girl gets married and goes to another family.... Well now things are changing.......
Naming.....yes we only officially name the child on the 28th day after birth....it's a ceremony.....

Laura- I feel sad that educated Indian behave like this.....

The child keeps the father's name as surname. It's a must. I had my father's name .....shradha. Sarachandra....after marriage it's dh name....shradha.Vijay Nair......

I hate it when other people's kids misbehave in your home & the parents don't say or do anything. I'm going to do my best to teach Xander to respect other people's home & behave himself. I don't know how any of you feel about using the word no so sorry in advance if I offend anyone. In the uk there's a strong belief that you shouldn't use the work no or tell children off for doing something wrong, you should ignore it. Personally I just don't get this, a child will not be scarred for life if you calmly say no and explain why they can't have/do something & they will only know something is bad behaviour & wrong if you tell them and make then accountable. That's my opinion now anyway, may change when Xander's older!!

Traditionally in England boys are preferable, historically because they carried on the name & were the bread winners. It was particularly preferable for the first to be a boy. Dh Grandad who is 86 actually said let's hope it's a boy when he found out I was pregnant!! I wasn't offended, it's just that generation. Most people don't feel that way anymore. Dh Grandad as it happens only had a son first, dh Dad & my dh was also first born so every generation has a boy first in his family!!

Forgot to say earlier I spent the morning with my sil & Nephew today and had a lovely time. It's the first time the 2 of us have got together just the 2 of us for a new Mum/girly chat. We're not massively close & are very different personalities but hopefully we'll get closer having kids so close in age.

Coy - meant to say I attribute 90% of Xander's cuteness to his Daddy!! Xander has my dark eyes but otherwise he's just like his Daddy, even down to his long curly eye lashes!

Coy - meant to say I attribute 90% of Xander's cuteness to his Daddy!! Xander has my dark eyes but otherwise he's just like his Daddy, even down to his long curly eye lashes!

What is it with men and the long curly lashes? :growlmad: I'd love to have those :haha:

Re: telling kids "no". really? In UK it is considered bad to tell them that? :saywhat: I say it all the darn time :haha: And I reprimand them strongly when they are very bad. They understand they have to mind their manners, hush in the doctors office, do NOT grab things in the store, don't ask for what you know you can't have...the list goes on! :haha: I think that by having that foundation you shape responsible kids...that HOPEFULLY aren't too awfully spoiled :dohh: LOL!

Shradha- glad to see you back online :hugs: OMG they broke your modem? I'dve made their folks pay for it :haha: O my gosh, that is terrible behavior- even to be in your bedroom is what I would tell my kids unacceptable :nope: If we go to someone else's house they have to sit and behave like little ladies :haha: It's MY house they terrorize :rofl:

How are you feeling? babes still kicking away at you?:)

Pain is not too bad atm...just dull aching hips, etc. I have tried to be very active today in an attempt to convince her to come out. Lots of walking, dh and I and the dd's went out and split fire wood this afternoon and cleared the yard up in case it snows. we are supposed to get snow soon :shock: I don;t want it yet of course, makes everything wet and sloppy and cold :cold: lol! The dd's can't wait for it....

Patrice- glad you have evrything set and scheduled. Will the scan take place in FL or CT?

Here in America there really isn't a cultural preference on either gender, it's more of what the family wants (and almost always just accepts what they are given, lol).

We were denied a home loan today. So were officially homeless right now starting Feb because our apartment complex has gotten really bad, we refuse to stay here :(

Here in America there really isn't a cultural preference on either gender, it's more of what the family wants (and almost always just accepts what they are given, lol).

We were denied a home loan today. So were officially homeless right now starting Feb because our apartment complex has gotten really bad, we refuse to stay here :(

Ashley - that sucks about the home loan! Sooo typical of today however! :growlmad: Banks don't want to loan to anyone :shrug: for anything....Chin up though! You have lots of time between now and then to find a new place. Have you looked into private financing? Alot of homeowners don't want to mess with banks or giving up a portion of sales proceeds to realtors so they are financing with private contracts. Dh and I thought of going that route once. If you want maybe toss out your max per month rate and I'll "look" around for you. Is there a particluar area of commute that you need to stay within geographic range of? Are you willing to rent a small house? When dh and I first got this house it was perfect- just us and one baby. It had 2 rooms, a garage and one bathroom. Ummmm now we need a bigger house! :haha: And wouldn't you know it? Can't afford it and banks won't loan :roll: aargh!

AFM-
JUST got the dd's to sleep...*sigh*. Now I am beat and thinking of skipping the long soak in a warm bath I had planned as that'll just cut into :sleep:time :haha: Maybe a quick shower and bed. Weird, I haven't been hungry today much even with all the walking and wood cutting:shrug: Wonder what that's all about. I skipped breakfast, had a snack of a peice of cinnamon bread...skipped lunch...skipped dinner...had a glass of milk and a bread roll. Hm. :shrug:

I too am going to teach my child how to behave just my mom had taught me :happydance:.... I will use the word No a lot..... If it's necessary...

Coy- I totally agree with you and Laura....
Aeryn is taking her own time.......
baby moves.... Doesn't have any fixed time....but it's fun.....the string kicking has not started yet... Have a normal check up on 6th nov.

Laura- so..you too continued the family tradition of having a boy first:hugs:.....
Dh grandpa must be very happy....I didn't know even in england....preference was given to a boy.....
Xander has your eyes.....Very expressive....

Ashley- that's really sad that they are refusing to give home loan. Here the banks wait for a chance to catch someone and squeeze the interest from them..... Can you try in some other bank?

well ladies just want to post and update...im sick. got a fever of 102.29, sore throat, cough etc. You name it..i got it. so just going to go to sleep.

Well, I am officially 4 days late :growlmad: lol! Awww well, what is a girl to do, right? I slept ok last night and feel somewhat more rested today...and oddest thing is my hips are sore but not just killing me. Not sure if I should attribute that to all the activity and walking yesterday or...could I be regressing? :help: Nnnnoooo! :haha:

Our first snow this year....

https://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o611/greyeyes3/000_4114_zps147c3493.jpg

And the girls with their first snow man (in progress!!)

https://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o611/greyeyes3/000_4115_zps277403cc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->