Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Laura love the pics and yes the wait is killing me but Feb will be here before I know it and yes we want to know the sex of the baby and still low on my weight 119 this morning as far as the heartbeat the Dr said it was fine but she didn't say what the rate was..less than 2 weeks for my next appt..Coy love your hair wish mine would grow that long..maybe add some high lights and some razored layers around the face to make those beautiful eyes pop even more..

I feel solid pull and heaviness in the lower belly whenever I get up from the bed or chair...I sometimes feel sharp pain....I can feel sudden change in my belly I mean can feel discomfort while sleeping.....Have packed baby's bag. Iouldnt shop much beforehand but have packed some towels, baby wipes, cream, baby nappies, baby hat, booties that I knitted, baby dress. I have to pack my bag. I hope this is ok-
Towel
Pads
Slippers
Dress
Feeding bras
Cream
Do I need anything else?I will have to stay in the hospital for 4 days if its a normal childbirth or 4 a week if c-section.....

Laura- thanx...... Babies grow up so fast..... Soon I will also be in your shoes......missing all the fun....:cry:..... Ohhhh my hormones....sorry!

I feel solid pull and heaviness in the lower belly whenever I get up from the bed or chair...I sometimes feel sharp pain....I can feel sudden change in my belly I mean can feel discomfort while sleeping.....Have packed baby's bag. Iouldnt shop much beforehand but have packed some towels, baby wipes, cream, baby nappies, baby hat, booties that I knitted, baby dress. I have to pack my bag. I hope this is ok-
Towel
Pads
Slippers
Dress
Feeding bras
Cream
Do I need anything else?I will have to stay in the hospital for 4 days if its a normal childbirth or 4 a week if c-section.....

Snacks!! Lots and lots of snacks!! Shampoo? Er, a few pairs of big old knickers you won't mind throwing away afterwards if they're stained (although I still have mine because they were kept clean :blush:).

Shradha- I agree w/Emma, some extra comfy panties that will fit those huge pads aftterwards....maybe something to make you feel pretty :) like lip gloss, a comb, some hair pins....def some snacks. Right after birth I always need a Coke on ice and something salty like crackers :shrug: Peanut butter or other high protein snacks are good.

Cookies count :haha:

Ww, cn't believe you are so close! I remember your :bfp: announcement :hugs:

Emma- gorgeous pic of Phoebes! :thumbup: What a little smarty pants she seems! :cloud9:

Laura- aw, you are weaning....yep it takes getting used to but ou'll enjoy the freedom! I love the pics of Xander!! Keep'em coming! :thumbup:

Ashley- yay almost time to move in :thumbup: Do we get to see pics??

Msperry- getting exxcited for your scan! :happydance:

Patrice- I agree, don't take any crap or you'll get ran over! stand your grund :grr: lol

AFM- early day today, had errands to run...kids are bathed, dressed, fed, I have enough wood split for a week or so :thumbup: the promised snow storm hasn't hit yet....:shrug: maybe it'll miss us? Thinking of spending my day getting ahead on my school...

Plus thinking of telling my academic instructor to hit me with the hard stuff again. I miss my criminology and psychology!! :sad2: I want it back! lol...earth science is fun but soooo sedate...:haha:

Oh yeah- my attorney calls and says we have to tentatively set back my hearing/trial date--get this- because the police can't seem to get the "video" to the prosecutor for viewing! :saywhat: and the grocery stores star witness (the one who said "I wasn't there but saw the video a few days later" :roll: ) said the date was not convenient.

:roll:

AAAAaaargh!
There is a word for this...wishy-washy! :growlmad:

As far as the house goes, we are waiting for the appraisal which will happen in middle of next week I believe. Lender legally has until the 22nd to fund the money. Legally, we have to close by the 31st. So hopefully the sooner, the best.

As for me....DH & I BD w/o protection today. I go online to see where Im at in my cycle...and im ovulation. oops! So, guess I'm in the TWW :)

As far as the house goes, we are waiting for the appraisal which will happen in middle of next week I believe. Lender legally has until the 22nd to fund the money. Legally, we have to close by the 31st. So hopefully the sooner, the best.

As for me....DH & I BD w/o protection today. I go online to see where Im at in my cycle...and im ovulation. oops! So, guess I'm in the TWW :)

Ooops! :haha: lol, it happens, right?! Are you charting?

AFM- It has been several days since I have been able to test bbt- usually Aeryn or Kat waking me up in the "I need Mom NOW" mode, lol! Anyway I tested this morning and thought for sure my temp would be up but :shrug: stupid low 97.1 :saywhat: Anyway I am currently 20 dpo or some silliness so I think the breastfeeding must be interfering in LH release? What do you chart readers think??

I am working out much harder now and it feels AWESOME!! I am following the January full body workout a fitness-competitor/friend gave me a few months ago plus dh showed me some extra moves to focus on delts and triceps that are pretty killer atm...:thumbup: So I am happy doing that :smug:

Last night dh and I talked about bodies and how it is unrealistic to think we can ever be just as we were in our late teens or early 20's. Men and women mature and have you noticed how bodies mature too> take John Travolta for instance (did someone just say "I'd love to"??:huh: lol) As men mature their muscles get "old" or heavier, harder, etc, and they lose that super slim look. So I told dh I think women must be the same way.

At 38 (almost 40!!! aaahhh! lol) I have no unrealistic goals to look like I did as 105 pound 20 year old. I do however want to totally rock a bod - why not, right? Look out muscles, here I come :haha: :rofl: Dh ordered me to toss out the weight scale as my waist and butt and thighs are shrinking w/all the working out but my weight stays the same- depressing, right? Anyway he said muscles are heavier than fat so currently- no weight scale, lol.

Coy- I am impressed but it must be annoying sometimes to keep listening about the way you look.....here in India once you become a mommy you no longer take care of fitness....which is sad... You will find lots of plumpy moms here.... I was shocked when my dh was joking about my weight.... He indirectly told me that he didn't want a plumpy wife like his mom... In one way it's good coz I too don't want to be fat my entire life... I really admire you...the way you keep pushing yourself.....I may start my workout after a month... I will start by aerobics....I like dancing.... And crunches for my abs....

Ashley -you must be busy making all the arrangements of shifting to your new house....:thumbup:

Regarding the packing..yes I have added...shampoo, maternity panties, snacks, socks, yes....lip gloss, cream, powder, eye liner, comb, clips.... as I will be having a lot of visitors in the hospital....thanx friends

HI PEOPLES!!!! How are you all doing?? I've kept in touch with some of you on FB, but wanted to see how Shradha, Patrice and Msperry were doing. Wow, much has changed here, and Shradha I get to see your pic now! Have you posted a belly pic? Can't believe you are almost there! I saw your list and looks very comrehensive. I think you're set!

Coy, are you TTC #4???????? Gorgeous pic by the way.

Well AFM (or I should say AFU, as for us) things are going well, we've had several strings of viruses though, luckily not the bad flu that's going around though, knock on wood... but think we're in the clear for now. Brandon is happy and healthy, Laura had asked me on FB if I had started weaning and not quite. I was planning to, but when he got sick I delayed it... and then started thinking about if he really is ready because he can't sit up yet and he still chokes when being breastfed so I'm kind of scared that he may choke on food, even cereal. But I have everything ready- rice cereal, pears, carrots and squash... going to start with the cereal and see how he does... probably in the next week or so. Nicholas is doing well in school, making a lot of strides in his behavior and has amazingly settled down some. He is doing more writing and reading too, which is good and gets him to sit and stay in one place ;)

Gosh, I would ask the rest of you what's new but I will just have to go back a bit and read!!!!

LOLOLOL It's been so long that even BNB was asking me to post something!!! :haha:

LOLOLOL It's been so long that even BNB was asking me to post something!!! :haha:

:rofl:

It's great to have an update from you Steph! It seems like your boys are coming on well :thumbup: I don't blame you for delaying Brandon's weaning, I did the same thing when Phoebe had her cold and I still haven't started yet. She's over it now and is showing a few signs of being ready but it doesn't feel right yet IYKWIM? :shrug:

Hi ladies!

Shradha- a month would prob be too early to start working out...you'll prob still be bleeding, plus your tummy muscles need time to shift back in place. You are by no means fat! :growlmad: I saw your belly pic remember? :hugs: You look gorgeous! :thumbup:

Steph, Emma, Laura...re:weaning. I agree--delay! lol! They're still babies :cloud9: tho they love to grow up fast!! I will bf up to a year at least I think. Usually past but always include the rice cereal and veggies, fruits...

Steph- sounds awesome Nick is getting so interested in his reading and writing! Didn't you say he is somewhat of a burgeoning mathematician? :huh? :thumbup:

Hey ladies how is everyone...Laura glad to hear from you..I'm doing well..will be 4 months on Thursday yay and Dr appt next week getting closer to having my scan and we got a new house so we move in the 26 of this month lots of packing to do in a short amount of time but I love the new place its bigger and less in rent..so we can save for buying a house and once we get settled in the new place we can start buying baby things sh wants to wait to buy things till we have the scan and we know what we are having..

Steph- yay:happydance: good to see you:hugs:.. Yea have already posted 2 bump pics....I will be posting another one this week. can't believe I am coming close.... It was like yesterday I tested and got a BFP :winkwink:.... Time really flies.....happy to know everything is going good with you and the kids..... How is Brandon? Must have grown up.... Wanted to see his latest pic...

Coy- yes you are right I guess after 2 months I will start. Thanx for the compliment:hugs:....I too will bf till baby is 1 year...

Msperry- yay for 4 months:happydance:.... Don stress too much while shifting...take care...

Have started going to the loo often.... Baby movements have lessen but the kicks are strong now. I guess now baby has less space to move around. I was reading that now baby sleeps most of the time...
Question time- how much do we bleed post childbirth? Is it like heavy flow? Full day ?
What happens to the umbilical cord? What is left behind inside us after the baby is cut?

Hi Shradha - nothing should be left inside you tissue wise. The umbilical cord will be birthed with the placenta. I'm not sure what they do in India but in England they give you a hormone shot to speed up the delivery of the placenta as it can be dangerous if left to its own devices. Can cause a haemorrhage I believe, mind you I had a haemorrhage anyhow. They're not as scary as they sound. I lost a litre of blood and other than having really low blood pressure for the next 10 hours or so and needing some iron tablets as I became very anaemic it wasn't so bad. I think you need to be loosing a lot more for it to cause real problems, or I was lucky.

In respect of bleeding, for me it was lighter than a period!! Quite light red blood and no clots like I get during AF. No AF pains. I was very surprised actually. It did however last for 6 weeks but it comes and goes during that time. It was prob about 5 days of proper bleeding then became lighter but would still be heavy sometimes, then just spotting sometimes. The cramps you might get tend to happen while nursing as it causes your uterus to contract back to its normal size it also therefore increases the bleeding. I'd often have some cramps and feel a gush when I stood up after nursing but nothing as bad as the first day of AF.

No i wasnt charting....lol! It was kind of an oopsie. But im excited to see what happens next. I wont be sad if this month is a BFN since we are not ttc on purpose (LOL) and not all of the testing is done but if i do get a BFP we will be very happy. Nervous, since im seeming to lose my babies in 2nd trimester so we would be FX the entire nine months. If I am pregnant, I will tell you gals but nobody until i am at least 12 weeks. Cant wait to start to POAS. lol...I think thats the fun part!

Msperry- congrats on second tri lady! The new house sounds like a great opportunity, more space and saves money...Can't wait for your scan! :headspin: Keep us posted! :happydacne: I have not yet seen a bump pic :growlmad: but will toss out my guess.....I will venture to say, hm, my thought process is telling me girl just because of bd stats, but my heart is saying boy.

I'm gonna vote BOY!!! lol

Shradha- kudos to you for bf'ing! My nipples are fine for the first 2-3 days then be prepared for pain for about another 2 days, rub lots of lanolin, then it gets soOoo much better :winkwink:
Re: bleeding post labor, umbilical cord, etc....
Once baby is born and doc cuts the cord (you don't feel it!) you will rest a moment or two while they tend to babes. Then either doc will massage your tummy some to get another contraction started or you will feel a light contraction start on its own. When you feel this start to gently push as you would when babes comes out. You will then "deliver" or push out the placenta. I delivered all of my placenta's naturally, just feels like a campy contraction then it's out. You will bleed quite heavy at that point and will be very messy of course :roll: but hospital should provide pads, etc. Once you regain some strength they will have you go wash your legs, etc and put on undergarments and pad :thumbup: Then rest! Afterward the bleeding: I bled like a heavy period for the first 2-3 days, then it lessened to light flow for a couple weeks. Then I wore just light liners for a week or so, then- back to normal :thumbup: No worries! The umbilical cord: as tradition my dh saves 7 inches of it but this is a Lakota Oglala tradition. In India- I am not sure. Usually it gets discarded with the placenta unless mother specifies otherwise. The umbilical cord on baby is clipped to within about 2 inches in length or so then pinned. It dries over a week's time and generally falls off. Doc says to clean the area with alcohol but we did not with Aeryn and it seemed to dry faster and fall off faster :shrug: which is awesome!

Laura
- how are you? I read a FB post about a spreadsheet? Are you back at work now?

Ashley- poas is def the fun part! And re:second tri....has doc suggested any reason for second tri mc's? What has research suggested? Try to relax and enjoy the 2WW :winkwink:

It's cc-ccold! :cold: It was -16 below zero last night. I just got back in from cutting wood and I am freezing :haha: Plus I bought some diesel to aid in fire starting :winkwink: I am getting lazy in my "old age" :haha:

I checked with an hpt today- negative still :thumbup: but I am getting tons of (tmi) ewcm lately so I am going to go poas opk.....

Just eager to get my body back to "normal" whatever that is......

https://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o611/greyeyes3/000_4403_zpsadc32f2d.jpg

And....very happy about her swing :)

https://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o611/greyeyes3/Aeryn1122013_zpsbdab593b.jpg

Question...
Positive??
https://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o611/greyeyes3/000_4418_zpse4f0f6f8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back