Looking for official TTC buddies!!

Update didn't go to the hospital today I guess there was a mix up with the scheduling my Dr wasn't at the hospital today so I will be checking in tomorrow morning at 5am

thanks Monae..how are you?

msperry..that sucks but glad you go in the morning.

thanks Monae..how are you?

msperry..that sucks but glad you go in the morning.

I'm doing pretty good af is on her way out. I started going back to the gym Ive also gotten back to eating healthier hoping this will help improve my chances for the upcoming cycle. Im trying to not get discouraged. I would like to get my BFP soon

Good luck MsPerry! :hugs:

AFM, DH & I are going to a hospital "first time parenting class" it goes over exactly what happens during pregnancy, labor, c-sections, taking care of a newborn and a tour of the L&D Unit (which is HUGE. One HUGE floor of just laboring women PLUS two huge floors of post-delivery stay rooms!) :winkwink: And while I'm not a new parent, Josh has never parented a newborn so I thought perhaps this class could be beneficial for us and him especially. Something fun and something for us to help us become excited and less scared about this pregnancy.:kiss:

Where I am from in Minnesota (granted, a city of 85,000 ) in the two available hospitals you were checked into a room and you labored, delivered and stayed in that same room until you were discharged from the hospital. :haha:

That's great Monae. Cant wait for your bfp :hugs:

Ashley-That hospital sounds amazing!!! Im hoping they have something like that here :haha:

AFM, today I am cd33 and AF is still a no show. The general surgery office called me this morning and I am scheduled to get a consultation tomorrow at 10:30am. They will explain the procedure etc and schedule a surgery date. I have talked to my manager at my job about it and she said that I will be out for 6-8 weeks with that kind of surgery. Good..I need a break from that job :haha: Also, my dad was saying that I will get pregnant right after the surgery because that's what happened to my mom. My mom had surgery for a hernia and ended up conceiving my sister. Im hoping he is right. Maybe this surgery will give my body enough time to adjust and relax before we can start trying. And dh does want to try and doesn't care about his deployment anymore. As a matter of fact, the deployment will be perfect because he will be able to provide enough for me to manage with a baby while he is away :thumbup: Im pretty sure everything will be fine. This will be my first ever surgery so atleast if I ever do get pregnant, I don't have to freak out about a C-section because I will have had this surgery prior :thumbup: So all in all everything works out.

That's great Monae. Cant wait for your bfp :hugs:

Ashley-That hospital sounds amazing!!! Im hoping they have something like that here :haha:

AFM, today I am cd33 and AF is still a no show. The general surgery office called me this morning and I am scheduled to get a consultation tomorrow at 10:30am. They will explain the procedure etc and schedule a surgery date. I have talked to my manager at my job about it and she said that I will be out for 6-8 weeks with that kind of surgery. Good..I need a break from that job :haha: Also, my dad was saying that I will get pregnant right after the surgery because that's what happened to my mom. My mom had surgery for a hernia and ended up conceiving my sister. Im hoping he is right. Maybe this surgery will give my body enough time to adjust and relax before we can start trying. And dh does want to try and doesn't care about his deployment anymore. As a matter of fact, the deployment will be perfect because he will be able to provide enough for me to manage with a baby while he is away :thumbup: Im pretty sure everything will be fine. This will be my first ever surgery so atleast if I ever do get pregnant, I don't have to freak out about a C-section because I will have had this surgery prior :thumbup: So all in all everything works out.
thanks. I hope so too

Some updates for you all:

Very upset with hospital right now. Dr. Wong, the dr on call said I needed to come in to have the baby and placenta checked via ultrasound and regardless, to have my cervix checked. She said she wanted to do it but L&D have a strict policy now that nobody under 20 weeks can be in triage there. So, she said she was going to tell someone in MFM that I need to have those things done. So I get a call back saying to come in, so I come in and a RN does an ultrasound and she's looking at the screen and says "Well, baby is active and I see a heartbeat" and asks me "Why would I check your cervix?" and I go "Because I've been cramping pretty bad" and she's like "No, no..I'm not going too. You have no history of preterm labor. And pink on the tissue doesn't mean anything at all. Plus, your only 18 weeks anyways so there would be nothing we could do for you and the baby. Come into the ER if you start bleeding bright red." and tells me to have a good weekend as she walks away. I'm thinking No, I don't have a history of preterm labor and I'd REALLY NOT LIKE TO! There is medication and stitching of the cervix to avoid that issue but even if my pain isn't causing that kind of trouble, I think anyone with cramping and contraction like pain should have their cervix checked just to be safe. Writing me off as "well, you've never given birth early before" is a load of crap - why must someone have to have gone through such a horrible time in order to have their cervix checked? It literally takes a few minutes. My guess is that I was the last to be seen and it's Friday and she wanted out of the office. I'm so so so upset right now. So when I got home I laid down with a glass of water and got a HORRIBLE cramp among my little ones. I'm so frustrated I could cry.

After awhile, I went back in but this time I went to the ER:

Update: I went to the IMC ER and I swear I got the most wonderful, most compassionate doctor and RN that was working. "I read your chart. Oh, I'm so sorry about your losses" and I told the ER doctor what happened and she was like "What? That's not how anyone should be treated, let alone a woman who is cramping. Even if she thought it was silly, where's the compassion to give a mama who's already lost two babies a peace of mind?" She was so so sweet. She said she felt the L&D refusing me was stupid because "I am going to honest with my ignorance. I was trained as a trauma doctor and know hardly anything besides the very basic parts of obstetrics part of medicine. No emergency room doctor knows the real way to handle a 18, 19 weeker mama with a bad history with pregnancy. Even though you are before 20 weeks, the doctors over in L&D would know how to treat you better and what to look for. If anything comes back really worrisome I WILL bring you over there, I WILL!" She said because of the light bleed, and my past medical history with the losses she says as an ER doctor she doesn't want to mess with my cervix anymore than it ever has to be. So, I had an ultrasound, fluid is at a 10 which is good. I also had an IV for fluids. She checked my urine & blood which was all good. Baby is measuring EXACTLY on time! (yippe!) Placenta is posterior now I guess but was told I've got a partial placenta previa and that baby is curled up in a ball with her head buried into the placenta RIGHT over my cervix and is kicking the edge of the placenta that is over the cervix. They tried to get to her move but she wouldn't move. They said that's probably why I got that light bleed and am having the cramping. I was told that if it's still like this when I have my anatomy scan in ten days chances are my OB will figure out what to do about it (ie: bedrest) etc but the less the cervix is monkey with right now, the better. My cervix is 3.5 (which is good!) and closed so the cramping she said isn't labor cramping but cramping due to the fact Miss. Penny thinks that area of my placenta is her special kick boxing ring :( Anyways, so the doc thinks that's why I'm having my cramping. Penny's heart rate was 136 and I kinda freaked because it's normally in the 150's but I was told that's normal, and it's due to the fact that she's bigger now.

Some updates for you all:

Very upset with hospital right now. Dr. Wong, the dr on call said I needed to come in to have the baby and placenta checked via ultrasound and regardless, to have my cervix checked. She said she wanted to do it but L&D have a strict policy now that nobody under 20 weeks can be in triage there. So, she said she was going to tell someone in MFM that I need to have those things done. So I get a call back saying to come in, so I come in and a RN does an ultrasound and she's looking at the screen and says "Well, baby is active and I see a heartbeat" and asks me "Why would I check your cervix?" and I go "Because I've been cramping pretty bad" and she's like "No, no..I'm not going too. You have no history of preterm labor. And pink on the tissue doesn't mean anything at all. Plus, your only 18 weeks anyways so there would be nothing we could do for you and the baby. Come into the ER if you start bleeding bright red." and tells me to have a good weekend as she walks away. I'm thinking No, I don't have a history of preterm labor and I'd REALLY NOT LIKE TO! There is medication and stitching of the cervix to avoid that issue but even if my pain isn't causing that kind of trouble, I think anyone with cramping and contraction like pain should have their cervix checked just to be safe. Writing me off as "well, you've never given birth early before" is a load of crap - why must someone have to have gone through such a horrible time in order to have their cervix checked? It literally takes a few minutes. My guess is that I was the last to be seen and it's Friday and she wanted out of the office. I'm so so so upset right now. So when I got home I laid down with a glass of water and got a HORRIBLE cramp among my little ones. I'm so frustrated I could cry.

After awhile, I went back in but this time I went to the ER:

Update: I went to the IMC ER and I swear I got the most wonderful, most compassionate doctor and RN that was working. "I read your chart. Oh, I'm so sorry about your losses" and I told the ER doctor what happened and she was like "What? That's not how anyone should be treated, let alone a woman who is cramping. Even if she thought it was silly, where's the compassion to give a mama who's already lost two babies a peace of mind?" She was so so sweet. She said she felt the L&D refusing me was stupid because "I am going to honest with my ignorance. I was trained as a trauma doctor and know hardly anything besides the very basic parts of obstetrics part of medicine. No emergency room doctor knows the real way to handle a 18, 19 weeker mama with a bad history with pregnancy. Even though you are before 20 weeks, the doctors over in L&D would know how to treat you better and what to look for. If anything comes back really worrisome I WILL bring you over there, I WILL!" She said because of the light bleed, and my past medical history with the losses she says as an ER doctor she doesn't want to mess with my cervix anymore than it ever has to be. So, I had an ultrasound, fluid is at a 10 which is good. I also had an IV for fluids. She checked my urine & blood which was all good. Baby is measuring EXACTLY on time! (yippe!) Placenta is posterior now I guess but was told I've got a partial placenta previa and that baby is curled up in a ball with her head buried into the placenta RIGHT over my cervix and is kicking the edge of the placenta that is over the cervix. They tried to get to her move but she wouldn't move. They said that's probably why I got that light bleed and am having the cramping. I was told that if it's still like this when I have my anatomy scan in ten days chances are my OB will figure out what to do about it (ie: bedrest) etc but the less the cervix is monkey with right now, the better. My cervix is 3.5 (which is good!) and closed so the cramping she said isn't labor cramping but cramping due to the fact Miss. Penny thinks that area of my placenta is her special kick boxing ring :( Anyways, so the doc thinks that's why I'm having my cramping. Penny's heart rate was 136 and I kinda freaked because it's normally in the 150's but I was told that's normal, and it's due to the fact that she's bigger now.
Sorry you had a hard time but glad someone was finally able to help you. I can't wait to get my BFP

Glad everything is okay Ashley.

AFM, im scheduled on the 16th for the surgery.

Update Ariana Jazelle Ford was welcomed into the world 7/11/13 @ 5,33pm weight 7 lb 12 oz 19 3/4 in we are at home now and resting as much as we can I'm pretty sore dh is so infatuated with her kinda funny that before she got here he was like we aren't going to hold her all the time so she doesn't get spoiled well what do you know if I'm not nursing guess where she is..cuddling with daddy lol

Congratulations!! When you have time I would love to see a pic of your princess.

How was labour? I was induced too, those contractions are relentless!

MrsPerry - Congratulations!!! Can't wait for pictures.

Monae - I can't wait for you to get your BFP too!! The thing is once you've lost babies the excitement turns into nervousness once the BFP is here so when you do get a BFP I wish you all the best with a healthy baby and pregnancy!

Patrice - What are you having surgery for? :(

congrats msperry!!!

monae-cant wait fro your bfp!

Ashley-its a hernia surgery..minor surgery. I can go home 1 hour after the surgery :thumbup:

AFM, im cd36 today and still no sign of AF. I know im not pregnant though because I took a test and it came back negative so im pretty sure its just my body finally being back to normal. They said it only takes a few days for the pill to exit my body so it should be gone by now. I have my pre-op appt. tomorrow morning and then its the surgery on Tuesday. Im ready for this to be done because I've read good reviews of being able to get pregnant after getting the hernia surgery so im hoping this is what has exactly been stopping me so that when its fixed...I can finally conceive but only time will tell.

MrsPerry - Congratulations!!! Can't wait for pictures.

Monae - I can't wait for you to get your BFP too!! The thing is once you've lost babies the excitement turns into nervousness once the BFP is here so when you do get a BFP I wish you all the best with a healthy baby and pregnancy!

Patrice - What are you having surgery for? :(
Thank You.. Me too!!! do you know when I should start taking B complex for my short LP?well me and my DH have been trying to plan our vow renewal for next year. Next year we will have been married 5 years. So we were going to renew our vows on a cruise but then thought if we have a baby we cant take the baby on the cruise. So we are still thinking on what we will do maybe a family Vacation? My cousin came from Louisiana to visit. she just had a baby in December and she bought her baby and just being able to hold her baby and watch him made me realize how much I really want a baby. It has made me want to focus on losing more weight and going back to the gym. I really hope to get my BFP soon

You need to take the vitamin b complex throughout your cycle to build up the levels on your body. It needs to be the 100 complex too. I also take a specific TTC multi vitamin and royal jelly. DH takes a TTC multi vitamin for men, omega 3 oil and maca.

Ashley - I meant to say how awful you were treated at your scan. I would have been majorly pissed off. So glad you had a lovely a & e Dr and alls looking good. Penny's a little rebel all ready!

Msperry- congratulations! !!!!!!! :crib: how is she ? Take rest.... you too were induced.....waiting for the birth story and her pic...

Patrice- hernia? How did you get it? All the best for the surgery!

Monae- the wait for holding your baby will get over soon..dont worry. Keeping fingers crossed. ....

Ashley- some doctors can be so :angry:.... I am glad finally you got a good one. I too had a horrifying doctor till 5 months. ..she used to scar the hell out of me...

Msperry- congratulations! !!!!!!! :crib: how is she ? Take rest.... you too were induced.....waiting for the birth story and her pic...

Patrice- hernia? How did you get it? All the best for the surgery!

Monae- the wait for holding your baby will get over soon..dont worry. Keeping fingers crossed. ....

Ashley- some doctors can be so :angry:.... I am glad finally you got a good one. I too had a horrifying doctor till 5 months. ..she used to scar the hell out of me...

Thank you I hope so too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->