Looking for TTC buddies

Oh duh forgot about Easter!! Where in Canada are you moving to?!

Alligator, we're from Nova Scotia and happily moving home! We have been in the US for my husband's medical residency, but come June 29th he is done and out! Can't wait to go home! It's been hard being so far away from family and friends.

I bet!! Glad you get to come home soon. I'm in Calgary.... not quite close to you heheh.

I would love someone to chat to (my husband is going mad). I am 13 days late with no sign of AF, negative tests and my basal body has been climbing like nuts :(

I would love someone to chat to (my husband is going mad). I am 13 days late with no sign of AF, negative tests and my basal body has been climbing like nuts :(
i would say give it a few more days.. if still no AF, then maybe get a blood test done..
How long are your cycles? Are they usually pretty regular? Did you use OPK's? How long is your luteal phase normally?

Karoolia it really is!! lol
She probably sent the onsie because your going home! Do you have any signs of a bump yet?

Welcome becd maybe you ovulated late I'd test every few days.

Welcome BecD! Have you been tracking ovulation? I'm guessing you ovulated late. I know it is torture, but you just need to wait it out.

Rics - Some of my clothes are getting a bit snug and at night I can definitely see a bump, but in the morning I find I still look pretty flat. We haven't made a big announcement yet and I don't think anyone can tell. If anything I probably just look a little thicker than usual.

Alligator, you're probably closer to me now than you will be when we move home! We're currently in Iowa, which is mid-west US.

Ricschick, great news about your scan! I've always wanted to be told I was further along than I've thought, but I've always managed to guess my o date pretty accurately thanks to the cramps I get, so no happy surprises for me. :haha:

Karoolia, I bet seeing that little onesie makes things feel a little more real!

As for me, I'm 15 dpo now, so I'm expecting AF today (since 15 dpo is when AF always showed up post-miscarriage. It was 16 dpo last month but I think that was a fluke). For those of you who aren't following my testing thread, I got a super faint line on a FRER yesterday, but it wasn't clear enough to be conclusive. I have one test left, so if AF hasn't arrived by Friday, I'll use it, though I'm fully expecting not to need it.

oh spiffy, I'm really hoping for you! I didn't realize you had a testing thread. I'll have to hunt that down.

LOL yep karoolia I think that is closer than Nova Scotia would be for sure!! I've always wanted to visit the East Coast of Canada...DH and I will have to get there one day.

Still thinking of you, Spiffy! Crossing my fingers that you get a clear answer soon.

So exciting about your scan, Ricschick!

This waiting is hard...

Easier knowing that we are not in this alone.

Spiffy - thinking of you!

Elmum - how are you feeling?

Karoolia - I just drove through Iowa :)

Rics - any pregnancy symptoms yet?

Lady - what dpo are you now?

Loves - how have you been?

Alligator - what was that again....this patience thing lol. Hang in there girl O will be here sooner or later :)

We did not bd yet. I don't think O is imminent anyway. Dh's back hurts and I fell asleep while putting DS down. So we just both felt too lazy. We have a weekend getaway for a friends birthday planned. It is the first time ever that DS will spend the night without me. First night with DH second with grammy (dhs mom). He'll be fine, the question is when he will go to bed as I am the only one who puts him to sleep ;)
So while I would love to O early it would be best if I o sometime next week as it will be hard to get any bding done this weekend. maybe DH and i will sneak away into the woods haha. I'll leave you all with that image :) good night.

Ha ha mom15 been there done that lol!! Sorry tmi. Ha.

Symptoms come and go really my main one is that nothing sounds good to eat!

Anymore tests this morning spiffy? X

Mom-- I think* I am 5 dpo today, but I didn't use OPK's so really it's anybody's guess lol...

LOL mom15 - good luck! You gotta do what you gotta do to get BD in. In chatting with friends I'm realizing DH and I are BD a lot more than most ppl...even our other friends TTC. I think it's because they already have kids and it makes it a lot harder! We don't have much else going on at home ha.

Mom15- feeling okay. Thanks for checking.
I thought I O'd around 9/4. So, I was working off of that and feeling better just thinking that my body is getting back to a new normal.
It has been 4 weeks and 2 days since we lost our daughter at 17+ weeks. After 3 days of consistent negative LH tests last week, I ended up getting a positive LH surge test again this weekend, which worried me that my body was still confused. Knowing I would not be ovulating again. I looked it up and saw that the LH test can also pick up HCG. I took a pregnancy test and got a BFP. I've tested every day since and still am getting a BFP. Although, I am not confident that I am actually pregnant and worried that it's just leftover HCG from the recent pregnancy. I've read that the HCG should be gone by now, because I did deliver the baby intact and delivered the placenta. I just need to wait until the 18th to test again. But, it's hard not to know.

My goodness, elmum. What a rollercoaster for you. I'll share my story as it may be helpful to you.

I MC (d&c at 8.5 weeks) on August 2. We found out baby had no heartbeat on July 20, tried the medication option which did not entirely work, so my levels were dropping for a week and a half before the d&c was needed. A week after d&c I still tested positive on HPT and took OPKs and those were also positive, likely because of HCG. I was taking IC's at this point not wanting to waste money on expensive tests. I got a negative IC HPT on August 18 and I was happy!! A week or so later I got a positive OPK and that combined with a temp rise, looks like I ovulated on August 26. Started having weird pregnancy symptoms, my breast pain returned (it had gone away) and increased CM, same I had with my pregnancy. Took an IC and thought I saw a faint positive (I was driving myself crazy) so I took a FRER and got a vvvvvfl. The line got slightly darker but was still vvfl. It then would get lighter...it was so confusing and I wasted probably $70 on FRER, but I never got a hint of another line on an IC. I am not sure if it was residual from the MC, or a chemical, but AF arrived 5 weeks and 1 day after the d&c (truly the worst period I have ever had, so painful). It can take some women a lot of time for HCG to go to zero, and it can still fluctuate...the normal I think is 2-8 weeks (a large disparity!)

I hope for you this is a new pregnancy...fx!! xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->