Losing mucus plug at 17 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by inperfected, Apr 3, 2011.

1. inperfected

inperfected Mum to a 29 weeker

So, I'm ringing my midwife in the morning, but was just wanting to see if antibes gad this and what the 'treatment' was...

I'm 17+3 and been losing my mucus plug yesterday and more so tonight... I'm talking 1cm round bit and definitely not normal mucus... I admit im more relaxed about possible issues as I'm still spotting (had bleeding issues for 13 weeks nonstop). Has anyone lost it and what were they suggested to do? Just scared of being put in bedrest as I've already been there for a good 6 weeks all up so far...

2. sarahchops86

sarahchops86 lexie and logan's mummy

I lost some of mine at 20 weeks, my midwife just said that it actually can replace itself several times throughout pregnancy. It wasn't blood streaked? If not I wouldnt worry about it :) x

3. Freya

Freya Toddler and baby

I think I 'may' have lost sone of my plug too, a couple of weeks ago but with no other symptoms.

Don't know much about it tbh but I hope you can get sone good help and advice soon xx

4. inperfected

inperfected Mum to a 29 weeker

Thanks both of you. It wad blood tinged for sure, but that is quite probably normal too with the hematoma I have... I have a scan in 3 days so that's good at least...

5. ProudMommy26

ProudMommy26 Happy Mommy of 3

I lost mine a few weeks ago when I was ill. But had my 20 week scan last week and all looks fine. I did lose it a few times in my last pregnancy too. So it's quite normal for me.