Losing my mind

Lol yeah if it weren't for the marine corps, my husband would be a hillbilly lol.

So I'm driving myself crazy reading these first time IUI success stories! So many people are negative and say its highly unlikely and it's just not what I want to hear. Apparently only 10% of women have success on the first time? That seems so low. I wish the percentages were higher.

I did a lot of dr google research as well and I did find that medicated cycles had more luck. Also remember that women who do get preggers tend to drop off the face of the Internet too...

Also remember that women who do get preggers tend to drop off the face of the Internet too...

I know.. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???

So far the book isn't as good as some of his other ones.. but it isn't bad. My favorite book from him is Lamb... its the story of Jesus from the view point of his best friend Biff.. who was conveniently left out of the bible. It was hilarious. His books are the kind you laugh out loud too.. because you are like WHAT!

I had a weird dream last night as well, and my boobs haven't stopped being sore. I am between 1-3 dpo and I am SS like no ones business. I shouldn't be doing this until I am at least 6 dpo!!!

Not trying to be a debby downer but the clinic told me after i didn't get a bfp on my first IUI that they weren't surprised. I was like what? They said your percentage increases each time well then wtf happened after 3 months trying IUI that I did? I swear since my last IUI wasn't successful I have gone into complete depression mode. Remember though everyone is different and MANY women do get a BFP on their first try with IUI but just don't get discouraged.
What I never understood was how the chances of IUI weren't any higher than trying naturally.
I do have a good feeling for you girls though and sending positive vibes your way!

Bad news ladies. DH went to the urologist and he has to have the varicocele surgery. Next Thursday. The doctor told him that his recovery period would probably mess up our chances for IUI this cycle. :nope: so sad. And if he didn't get the surgery that his numbers weren't good enough to do an IUI.

His number wont increase for 3-6 months after surgery is what his doctor said. I really cant take much more disappointment.

Going to play the eternal optimist here.. (it's a stretch for me)..

This isn't dissapointment... this is not bad news. It means that they have figured out what is going on, and they are going to and CAN fix it. The only thing that is going to suck is that you may have to wait 3-6 months before doing your iui.

Is there anything that you and DH wanted to do before baby anyways? Maybe plan a fun trip where you guys can relax?

I am sorry you are going through this, but I see things going up from here. You have figured out what is going on with you.. he has figured out what is going on with him. It is better than driving blind :) :hugs:

Totally agree! Can't type much now as in about to stuff my face with a grand slam lol

So sorry to hear that, Love -- :hugs:

I agree with aknqtpie: You know what's going on now, and are taking the right steps to correct it. You are getting closer to getting your BFP, it's just taking a while. Don't give up. :flower:

Chris, sorry to hear you are down. I couldn't believe the percentages associated with IUI, either. I hope going natural works for you. :flower:

Conceive, get some rest, enjoy the Grand Slam and good luck! :flower:

Hope everyone else is doing well. I just wanted to pop on and say I haven't forgotten any of you.

I have an appt tomorrow for my 9w scan; I'm terrified. Wish me luck.

Thanks for trying to turn it around to be positive but to me its not good news and it is disappointment. Even when you lay it out that it will fix everything. Theres no guarantee it will get his count to where it needs to be. To me all it means is 6 months of depression as I watch friends and family having kids and getting pregnant and all I can do is sit back and smile.

No, DH wont be able to take leave to go anywhere anytime soon. Hes training a new sgt right now. Next month his Gunny leaves and he takes over until the new Motor T officer joins his shop. Then in April he ships out on a carrier with a MEU for awhile. Oh well, right? I dont need happiness for the next 6 months anyway.

Hi All,

I just did a lot of catching up on the thread.

s-love: so sorry you are having a rough time and that the hubs has to have surgery. That just sucks. There is nothing else to really say about that :hugs:

conceive: glad to hear that your IUI was easy and painless! FX!!!

horsey: how are you-- what's the latest your way?

sadangel: so glad things are going well- can't wait to hear about your next scan I'm sure everything will be great!!

aknqtpie- we always find each other on these threads:)!! yay! How are you??

AFM- my first IUI is tomorrow!! I am so nervous and excited at the same time. It's the first time I have felt hopeful in a long time...but I'm also trying to be realistic in regards to the statistics. Had my trigger shot this morning- IUI tom at 11am. Just livin' on a prayer here, lol.

Good luck Elle! Hey first round IUI success happens all the time! Why not for you? Keeping fingers crossed for you that all goes well!

Angel- glad you stopped by! Good luck on your scan. I know everything will be fine.

Yeah horsey, what's the latest with you? Haven't heard much!

And sorry for my negativity ladies, I was just so excited about finally getting my IUI. But I have to be patient and hubby has to get fixed.

So sorry to hear that, Love -- :hugs:

I agree with aknqtpie: You know what's going on now, and are taking the right steps to correct it. You are getting closer to getting your BFP, it's just taking a while. Don't give up. :flower:

Chris, sorry to hear you are down. I couldn't believe the percentages associated with IUI, either. I hope going natural works for you. :flower:

Conceive, get some rest, enjoy the Grand Slam and good luck! :flower:

Hope everyone else is doing well. I just wanted to pop on and say I haven't forgotten any of you.

I have an appt tomorrow for my 9w scan; I'm terrified. Wish me luck.

Thank you and I wish you luck! Keep us updated.

Good luck Elle! Hey first round IUI success happens all the time! Why not for you? Keeping fingers crossed for you that all goes well!

Angel- glad you stopped by! Good luck on your scan. I know everything will be fine.

Yeah horsey, what's the latest with you? Haven't heard much!

And sorry for my negativity ladies, I was just so excited about finally getting my IUI. But I have to be patient and hubby has to get fixed.

Yes and he will be fixed and you will have your baby :) we will all have our baby one way or the other we have to keep on fighting!

:hugs: love. We are all here for you.. and be as negative or positive as you want, and we will listen!!!

Elle - Good luck tomorrow!!! I am doing good.. just in my TWW... waiting... impatiently..

Angel - I bet everything will be fine!! Please give us an update!!!

Wow i have lot to catch up !!
Elle: Wish u luck.
love: Don't be disappointed.Think of the positive side at least your DH problem can be fixed.So when you will be going for IUI?
Chris: Howz everything with u ?
Angel: How was your scan?
aknqtpie: I think you r in your TWW.FXed for u.

love: Don't be disappointed.Think of the positive side at least your DH problem can be fixed.So when you will be going for IUI?

Well i'm just waiting for my appointment with the new RE next week. I really hope all goes well. I guess I will see what happens from there. I am hoping to get a laporoscopy.
How are you? Anything new?

Yeah I'm glad it's getting fixed, but I hate knowing the delay. His urologist said we could attempt the IUI in 3-6 months if his sperm count goes up to a satisfactory level. So looks like I'm being forcibly put on hiatus for awhile.

In other news, I finally made a dentist appt lol I haven't been in about 5 years.

Good Morning ladies,

Angel, I can't wait to hear about your scan, I'm sure everything is wonderful. Keep us posted please!

Love, I hope you're feeling better today. I know it's really hard, but I do feel that you finally have an action plan. I think it's better to find out now than later in life, which would really suck, if your clock was ticking by the minute.

I had horrible boob pain yesterday and woke up with ovary pain. Sucks...the trigger shot is still strong in my system, took an hpt yesterday and it's still a dark positive, interesting since I only took 5000 iu (half the dosage some women take). It's been 5 days but it's still there and still going strong.

Hi All,

I just did a lot of catching up on the thread.

s-love: so sorry you are having a rough time and that the hubs has to have surgery. That just sucks. There is nothing else to really say about that :hugs:

conceive: glad to hear that your IUI was easy and painless! FX!!!

horsey: how are you-- what's the latest your way?

sadangel: so glad things are going well- can't wait to hear about your next scan I'm sure everything will be great!!

aknqtpie- we always find each other on these threads:)!! yay! How are you??

AFM- my first IUI is tomorrow!! I am so nervous and excited at the same time. It's the first time I have felt hopeful in a long time...but I'm also trying to be realistic in regards to the statistics. Had my trigger shot this morning- IUI tom at 11am. Just livin' on a prayer here, lol.

Hi Elle,

I hope everything goes smoothly for you. My RE didn't give me the post wash numbers, she just said the count looked good. Let us know the details please :) Praying for you!

Hi guys, im on the way to class but wanted to let u know my scan was fine. So relieved! Hoe u all are well, ill check back later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->