Losing my mind

Sounds like this doctor is being very thorough, Chris! That's good! If the progesterone checks out OK and you are ovulating on your own, you shouldn't need Clomid or Femara; not sure what the post-coital testing is, but it sounds like this doc knows what's going on!

Keep us posted on your results, and lots of luck!!

Hi ladies,
Me and my husband have been ttc for 4 cycles now and every month I am anxious and fool myself that I could be pregnant and it has just been a disappointment. :(
I know exactly how you all feel as it is very depressing for me and every month when I get my period I think there is something wrong with me.
I have tried OPK for one cycle I will be using it for this coming cycle too. I am not sure if or when I ovulate. I got the LH surge sign when I used opk but never really have ovulating symptoms.
When I went to my GYN I told her I have been ttc but she didn't take me seriously with my concers and said to try for 6 months before coming back. She didn't even prescribe prenatal vitamins as I have been reading ppl are taking it. I just take the one a day vitamins which contain frolic acid.
It is depressing when I also read on Facebook of family and friends being pregnant or having kids and at work with coworkers bringing in their babies. I want a baby so bad that my husband thinks I'm being too obsessive, of that's possible!
Is there anything I'm missing to do?

Thanks, yes he seems like he knows what he's talking about and is taking it in slower steps.

Hi Hoping,

Welcome to TTC! I'm sorry your doctor brushed you off; that happened to me at first, too, because my doctor said if I'm having a regular period, I'm ovulating, and to try for a year before doing any kind of fertility workup. After 5 or 6 cycles, I called the office crying and they did bloodwork and told me I wasn't ovulating! I was on BC pills for more than 10 years though and it can take a while for the body to regulate on its own. Were you taking the pill?

I've discovered that with doctors (in my experience) you have to be assertive and let them know what you want them to do. I actually got my prenatals from my family doctor and not my Gyn. I don't see why your doctor wouldn't give them to you if you asked, and if you really want the fertility workup, you could always call your doctor and ask them to do it sooner than 6 months.

But don't feel bad that you haven't conceived yet; the reason doctors tell you to wait is that it takes most healthy couples a year to conceive — even though everyone acts like a guy can sneeze on you and impregnate you when you are a teen! :haha:

You can try doing basal body temperature charting to get an idea of when / if you are ovulating each month; do a google search on bbt and you will find details on how to do it (all you need is a good thermometer!). OPKs work well, but they don't always work for everyone (and you may still get an LH surge and not ovulate; I was getting +OPKs the whole time and wasn't ovulating).

Even with all of these tests and methods, it is still very much a mystery! You just have to keep at it and stay positive.

Lots of luck!!!

Chris: I think you should go with progesterone test.If it is good then no need to take Femara.I thought with bbt charting i was ovulating and had a good temp shift but seems i was wrong.Even i am not sure post-coital testing is.
Angel: Your ttc mob was hilarious :)
Hoping:Welcome to the forum :) I know ttc is hard.All of us in the post are ttc from last 9 to 10 cycle.Maybe you can try another doc if you do not get bfp in another one or two cycle.

Hi Hoping welcome! I know its frustrating, but dont let it get to you. Angel is right, sometimes you have to be assertive with your doctor to get what you want. I got my Prenatals from my family doctor, you could ask them about getting a perrscription. Charting really does help, so Id recommend that as well!

Chris- Last month when I was doing all my reading on Clomid, I came across some ladies who were ovulating on their own and had normal progesterone levels and their doctors put them on the Clomid to give them that "extra boost". Some women swore it was what put them over the edge and got them preggo! Ive never heard of that post-coital test, but it makes sense. But I would rather my doctor be completely thorough than not pay attention!

Angel- your doctor didnt call for any bloodwork this month? Mine did, and she gave me strict orders to do it first thing in the morning and not eat anything. She didnt tell me that last time. Not sure why but she made a point to say it more than once.

Couldnt get hubby to BD tonight... he was in such a horrible mood! And tomorrow he is on duty (24 hour watch) so he wont be home tomorrow night! He always forgets to tell me when duty is (although he swears he tells me as soon as he finds out), but this time its much more irritating. So I get 1 freaking shot to BD on Friday before he leaves Saturday morning! SO NOT FAIR!! ! I was going to have a talk with him tonight.. I was going to ask him his thoughts on everything because he hasnt said anything in a couple weeks about pregnancy or babies or anything at all but I didnt get the chance... just want to know hes on the same page as me.

Hi ladies, I'm new here. DH and I have been NTNP for 8 cycles now, and I'm so discouraged... I really didn't think it would be this hard for us to get pregnant. I'm trying SMEP this month for the first time so I'm really hoping and praying for a BFP next time!

I really should've come here much sooner, I've been so depressed about this lately and have been avoiding 3 of my really close friends who are all due in November because I just can't deal with all their happiness right now. It's so weird to be happy for them and insanely jealous of them at the same time, it sucks and I hate it. Reading all of your posts made me realize that I shouldn't be so discouraged because many of you have been trying for longer and/or have more obstacles to overcome! I'm a worrier so of course I've been dwelling on it, dreaming up all sorts of things that could be wrong with me or him, when in reality I really haven't even scratched the surface of TTC yet... NTNP doesn't always work for everyone, apparently. It really snapped me out of my pity party, so thank you! :)

Hi ladies, I'm new here. DH and I have been NTNP for 8 cycles now, and I'm so discouraged... I really didn't think it would be this hard for us to get pregnant. I'm trying SMEP this month for the first time so I'm really hoping and praying for a BFP next time!

I really should've come here much sooner, I've been so depressed about this lately and have been avoiding 3 of my really close friends who are all due in November because I just can't deal with all their happiness right now. It's so weird to be happy for them and insanely jealous of them at the same time, it sucks and I hate it. Reading all of your posts made me realize that I shouldn't be so discouraged because many of you have been trying for longer and/or have more obstacles to overcome! I'm a worrier so of course I've been dwelling on it, dreaming up all sorts of things that could be wrong with me or him, when in reality I really haven't even scratched the surface of TTC yet... NTNP doesn't always work for everyone, apparently. It really snapped me out of my pity party, so thank you! :)

Welcome! Im glad we could help! But remember youre totally allowed to be discouraged and jealous and whatever you want.. and we are here to help and support you along the way. I dont think any of us planned for this type of journey when we decided to have a baby. Wishing you luck with SMEP this month!

Hi ladies,
Me and my husband have been ttc for 4 cycles now and every month I am anxious and fool myself that I could be pregnant and it has just been a disappointment. :(
I know exactly how you all feel as it is very depressing for me and every month when I get my period I think there is something wrong with me.
I have tried OPK for one cycle I will be using it for this coming cycle too. I am not sure if or when I ovulate. I got the LH surge sign when I used opk but never really have ovulating symptoms.
When I went to my GYN I told her I have been ttc but she didn't take me seriously with my concers and said to try for 6 months before coming back. She didn't even prescribe prenatal vitamins as I have been reading ppl are taking it. I just take the one a day vitamins which contain frolic acid.
It is depressing when I also read on Facebook of family and friends being pregnant or having kids and at work with coworkers bringing in their babies. I want a baby so bad that my husband thinks I'm being too obsessive, of that's possible!
Is there anything I'm missing to do?

Hello we can all relate to what you are going through. Just know that you are still considered perfectly normal, because from what they say it takes up to a year! Doctors don't usually prescribe prenatals prescription until you are pregnant, but they do tell you to buy over the counter when TTC. It's ok to be too obsessive, because I think we all are and that's normal! Just keep trying and using the opk's and I wish you the best of luck!

Hi Hoping welcome! I know its frustrating, but dont let it get to you. Angel is right, sometimes you have to be assertive with your doctor to get what you want. I got my Prenatals from my family doctor, you could ask them about getting a perrscription. Charting really does help, so Id recommend that as well!

Chris- Last month when I was doing all my reading on Clomid, I came across some ladies who were ovulating on their own and had normal progesterone levels and their doctors put them on the Clomid to give them that "extra boost". Some women swore it was what put them over the edge and got them preggo! Ive never heard of that post-coital test, but it makes sense. But I would rather my doctor be completely thorough than not pay attention!

Angel- your doctor didnt call for any bloodwork this month? Mine did, and she gave me strict orders to do it first thing in the morning and not eat anything. She didnt tell me that last time. Not sure why but she made a point to say it more than once.

Couldnt get hubby to BD tonight... he was in such a horrible mood! And tomorrow he is on duty (24 hour watch) so he wont be home tomorrow night! He always forgets to tell me when duty is (although he swears he tells me as soon as he finds out), but this time its much more irritating. So I get 1 freaking shot to BD on Friday before he leaves Saturday morning! SO NOT FAIR!! ! I was going to have a talk with him tonight.. I was going to ask him his thoughts on everything because he hasnt said anything in a couple weeks about pregnancy or babies or anything at all but I didnt get the chance... just want to know hes on the same page as me.

This doctor said the injections will help produce extra eggs. THis is so confusing lol

Chris: I think you should go with progesterone test.If it is good then no need to take Femara.I thought with bbt charting i was ovulating and had a good temp shift but seems i was wrong.Even i am not sure post-coital testing is.
Angel: Your ttc mob was hilarious :)
Hoping:Welcome to the forum :) I know ttc is hard.All of us in the post are ttc from last 9 to 10 cycle.Maybe you can try another doc if you do not get bfp in another one or two cycle.

Yea, so I guess I will take the progesterone test a week after ovulation and see! Here is a link to the post coital testing, which makes sense and I am glad i'm having it done.
https://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/postcoital-test

Glad you feel a little better! I'm on my 10th month ttc and I know the frustration so very well! I also am a worrier and it sucks! I have friends who are pregnant and I feel the same way as you do, it's weird! Try and stay strong and I wish you the best of luck!

Welcome Misshovie!! Glad you found us; TTC is way too hard to go through without others who understand! I don't blame you for feeling the way you do about your friends — if I only had one preggo as a friend it would be too much. I admire your strength.

Chris, I'm envious of people who get injections! :winkwink: They produce more eggs because it forces release of all eggs from the follicles, whether they are fully mature or not, whereas your natural LH surge will only push the release of fully matured follicles.

Love, I'm not sure why my doctor didn't order bloodwork this time. But when I called to get the script (they make me call each cycle on CD1 and then they call in the script for me instead of just giving me refills :shrug: ) I talked to a nurse. Maybe she forgot? If I get a high temp tomorrow, I should get crosshairs on FF, and if that happens I won't worry about it. If not, and my temps stay all wacky, I'm going to call and ask for it. Sorry your DH is giving you trouble — wish they would just cooperate! I only BD once too, and I'm not going to worry about it because only 1 sperm can fertilize the egg anyway, so only 1 BD is necessary really! :winkwink:

I'm super emotional again today! I think it's because I'm entering the 2ww and we only BD once. And I hate the 2ww!

Angel:You are correct that just 1 sperm fertilizes the egg so 1 time bd is enough.Keeping my fingers crossed for you.My Dr told me that i need to take Clomid from CD5 to CD9 and it will make me ov on CD16.Do you ov on CD16? I read Clomid makes CM dry.Have you experienced it?

Chris:I read about postcoital test .It makes sense specially if your CM is dry.My CM is very infertile, back of my mind i am thinking about IUI after trying Clomid for few rounds.

I take it CD5-9 and last month I had horrible cramping on CD16 but according to FF I OV around CD14 (but the crosshairs are dotted, which means it is only approximate) so I think it was closer to CD16. Today is CD15 and I have mild cramping and my temps have been up since yesterday. I noticed a little less CM on Clomid, but I still have some. I am using PreSeed which is awesome!! I highly recommend it, and if you get it right now from early-pregnancy-tests.com it is free shipping and on sale. (I got the one that comes with the tubes so you can use whatever amount you need — I only need the smallest amount so it will last a while, totally worth it).

I am keeping IUI in my head, too, because DH is rarely in the mood! His fault for making me wait til he's in his 40s!

Welcome Misshovie!! Glad you found us; TTC is way too hard to go through without others who understand! I don't blame you for feeling the way you do about your friends — if I only had one preggo as a friend it would be too much. I admire your strength.

Chris, I'm envious of people who get injections! :winkwink: They produce more eggs because it forces release of all eggs from the follicles, whether they are fully mature or not, whereas your natural LH surge will only push the release of fully matured follicles.

Love, I'm not sure why my doctor didn't order bloodwork this time. But when I called to get the script (they make me call each cycle on CD1 and then they call in the script for me instead of just giving me refills :shrug: ) I talked to a nurse. Maybe she forgot? If I get a high temp tomorrow, I should get crosshairs on FF, and if that happens I won't worry about it. If not, and my temps stay all wacky, I'm going to call and ask for it. Sorry your DH is giving you trouble — wish they would just cooperate! I only BD once too, and I'm not going to worry about it because only 1 sperm can fertilize the egg anyway, so only 1 BD is necessary really! :winkwink:

I'm super emotional again today! I think it's because I'm entering the 2ww and we only BD once. And I hate the 2ww!

Thank you for clearing that up because I was kind of confused as to what exactly the injections did! Lol

Angel:You are correct that just 1 sperm fertilizes the egg so 1 time bd is enough.Keeping my fingers crossed for you.My Dr told me that i need to take Clomid from CD5 to CD9 and it will make me ov on CD16.Do you ov on CD16? I read Clomid makes CM dry.Have you experienced it?

Chris:I read about postcoital test .It makes sense specially if your CM is dry.My CM is very infertile, back of my mind i am thinking about IUI after trying Clomid for few rounds.

Yes, IUI sounds like a good thing

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :flower: That is all!

Lol sorry ladies Im in a weird mood! Im like a big ball of frustration but in a good mood! I hate just sitting back and not doing anything to help my chances of TTC. Lol and what the heck are my temps doing? Last months were so much easier to read!

I hope yall are having good days ladies!

Angel- I hope your temp stays up!!

Coolstar and Chris- Im also thinking of looking into IUI although I do not think we are covered for any sort of "procedure" so Im not sure what to do... torn.

I see what you mean about your temps — maybe they will stabilize. Do you think you OV yesterday? I'm confused about mine, too. It is frustrating! And I have that OvaCue monitor so I can double-check everything, and it just adds to the confusion LOL! It says I may have OV Tuesday or today, so who knows!!

I read that IUI is relatively inexpensive, and that some insurance companies that don't cover IVF will at least partially cover IUI. I also read that it is only a couple hundred or so (as opposed to IVF which is 20 thousand!). It is looking better and better. Just get me in there, give me a trigger shot and drop the little guys right into my uterus and call it a day! Wouldn't that be nice ... :winkwink: Take all this stupid guesswork out!

Ya even i read IUI is cheaper not like IVF. I am trying to find the price since for us it will be out of pocket expense.If you ladies get any info about IUI cost pls do share with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->