losing weight & getting fit before TTC

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
I thought I would start this group for people wanting to lose weight and / or get fit before TTC

We can offer support and encouragment to each other when times get tough!

Myself & DP start out 'healthy eating program' (hate the word diet) today and I would love to have some others on board for support!

Week will run monday - sunday with weight check day being a monday (you don't have to post weight if your not comfortable with it, you can just post amount of weight lost instead)

I find I work better if I set myself a bunch of smaller goals rather than 1 big goal, so that is my plan of attack with weight loss also.

Hope to see some girls onboard soon!

Name - Carla
TTC Date - June 2010
Height - 5'3
Start Weight - 11st 9lb (ugh can't believe I just posted that!)
Goal Weight for TTC - 9st 7lb
Plan of attack - Health eating & increased exercise. Will set small goals to reach final goal

Name - Emma
TTC - october 09
Height - 5' 3"
Too much to mention
Target is currently 1 stone and then be readjusted

Name - M
TTC Date - When OH realises he is old
Height - 5'2
Goal Weight Loss for TTC - Lose 2lbs to get back to target weight.
Overall Goal- to increase fitness levels, to have a smaller stomach so when I do concieve I will notice bump easier!
Plan of attack Back to healthy eating, weight watchers meetings and need to increase the fitness!!

Well , I actually Don#t know really what I can do much. I eat healthily , and cycle about 80 km in a week .

anyway (I actually only know whereabouts my weight is) so i am 1,63 and weigh about 59-60 kg, before I went to uni (and before I moved out) i was still on 55 . There isnt any normal weight change in the early 20s is there ?
I want especially to remove my belly fat , and the one under my chin which I never used to ahve o_O

Well I was weakening tonight (already) just really fancied some crisps but my daughter took the packet off me before i even opened them and told me I couldnt have them. Guess she will be my conscience during my weak moments lol:hissy:

Well I was weakening tonight (already) just really fancied some crisps but my daughter took the packet off me before i even opened them and told me I couldnt have them. Guess she will be my conscience during my weak moments lol:hissy:

awww bless your daughter hehe, maybe try eating a apple instead, you get the same crunch and then a sweet kick. Pink & whites are good to keep handly and they are low fat & calories but give you that naughty sugar/bad food kick :)

I'd like to join if it's okay!! Went on a website today that informed me I need to lose 27 pounds and now am very embarressed...

Name - Amanda
TTC Date - When I graduate college and start a job
Height - 5 foot flat!!
Weight - 144 lbs as of this morning...
Goal Weight Loss for TTC - 20 lbs.
Overall Goal-
-be able to run a mile in 8 minutes 16 seconds - old record :happydance:
-be healthy and more comfortable with my body before i share it with a baby :blush:

I'd like to start with a smaller goal of losing 5 lbs though. To start.. I need to stop eating fast food so much!!

great to have you on board amanda! good luck and hope to get to know you more through this group :)

I'd like to join too please.

Name - Kay
TTC Date - In a year or two
Height - 5 ft 6
Weight - 10 stone 7lbs
Goals -
- To slowly shift the pregnancy weight and get back into shape before TTC number 2. Going to take my time since I'm breast feeding and I'm not going to restrict my diet so it's going to be a case of a lot of pram pushing to get fit again!

- Going to aim for a pound a fortnight but mainly just want to feel fitter.

- Want to run the Fun Run in Derby in August this year and get a decent time too!
https://www.bigfunrun.com/?derby&locations_id=1
51 days to go.

Name - Bunny
TTC Date - September 2009
Height - 5'8"
Start Weight - BMI nearly 50
Goal Weight for TTC - BMI under 40
Plan of attack - Health eating & increased exercise.

Defo want to join, I have some serious work to do!! x
I weigh on a Sunday, so far have been good for 2 days in a row - woohoo!! ha!

:D Now i even have plan which is a recommendation of a buddy.(a) no choclate bars anymore, or sweets or chips, and b) strechting, c) and one or the other sit up or press up(I so suck at press ups , i can hardly do more than 2)

Okay so I have decided that I'm going to try weight watchers, accompanied with lots of exercise. I did it once before and lost thirteen pounds.. but gained half it back. :dohh:

Today I have done well to start. Lots of fruits, veggies, and soup! I also went to the gym earlier with my friend Heather and walked 45 minutes on a 7 incline.. felt like I was going to pass out, which proves my complete lack of exercise :blush:

Attached is a picture of my stomach to start.. I want to take pictures every 2 weeks to see the difference as I hopefully progess, but put it in a spoiler, as I don't want others to be uncomfortable...
and because I just learned how to use a spoiler and was excited :blush: :happydance:

https://i40.tinypic.com/vosc2o.jpg

so nice to have a few girls on board, hopefulyl together we can make this happen for each and every one of us!

Kay good luck with that fun run!

amanda well done on learning how to do a spoiler (wish i could figure it out hehe) and well done for posting a pic, I am sure noone here will feel uncomfortable about your pics! good luck and well done with your gym today, it will get easier i am sure!

bunny well done on your first 2 days! can't wait to track your progess, i am sure you will do great!

morri, that sounds like a good plan, chocolate is my down fall (more so when it's that time of the month), we have so much chocolate in the house still left from christmas & easter! We have decided we will have a 'treat saturday' when we are allowed a small piece of chocolate providing we have been good all week, i mean like a couple of squares as a treat not a whole bar!

Today is my day 3, we get shopping last night and picked up lots of healthy things, fingers crossed i can do well today and stay away from the chocolate!

Cool, theres a few of us now :D Chocolate is a big weakness of mine...and cake...and biscuits :dohh: Going to try and walk 5Km today before baby group.

Morri - Sit ups is a great idea.

Perhaps we should all aim to do our pelvic floor exercises every day too? Never to early to start if your planning on TTC and it's great for getting the strength back after the baby too. I'm going to aim for 30 slow and 30 fast each day. x

Cool, theres a few of us now :D Chocolate is a big weakness of mine...and cake...and biscuits :dohh: Going to try and walk 5Km today before baby group.

Morri - Sit ups is a great idea.

Perhaps we should all aim to do our pelvic floor exercises every day too? Never to early to start if your planning on TTC and it's great for getting the strength back after the baby too. I'm going to aim for 30 slow and 30 fast each day. x

When i crave chocolate i drink a mug of skinny cow mint hot cocolate, it tastes like mint aero! and only 37 calories a mug hehe

Hi ladies, can I join too???

Name - Stacey
TTC Date - August 2009
Height - 5' 4.5
Start Weight - 11st 11lb
Goal Weight for TTC - 10st
Plan of attack - Cut back on carbs and do more exercise.

I've just started on my exercise plan - four classes a week (Body Pump, Step, Body Combat and Yoga) which seems to be working well so far (and I'm enjoying it which is the main thing). I was originally 13st 1lb and have managed to lose 11 lbs so far which I'm really pleased with.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->