Losing Weight While TTC

I am so jealous you have bountiful baskets!! They closed all our sites about a year ago. :cry:

That acorn squash recipe does sound really good though.

Alli these two creamer ideas look pretty good https://www.thebewitchinkitchen.com/paleo-coffee-creamer-recipe-coffee-game-changer/ https://andreasoderberg.blogspot.com/2015/06/guilt-free-coffee-creamer.html?m=1 ....I use coffee mate sugar free italian swete cream. I usually don't like sugar free creamers but that one is really good! I am going to try to stay off the scale as well, I am guilty of being a daily weigher and I need to stop!

Krissie chicken salad does sound good! Yum. I second MFP to make sure you are getting enough calories.

I got an acorn squash in my bountiful basket this week and have never had acorn squash so I found a recipe that looks good just cut it into rings and cook it with sea salt and apparently it will taste like a combo of sweet potato fries and onion rings lol so I am going to have that and probably a chicken breast or a pork chop for supper.

I will have to try that Italian Sweet Cream one. I had the sugar free Vanilla and was not a fan.

Let me know how you like the acorn squash. I have wanted to try it but never got brave enough too lol.. I bought a spaghetti squash and want to try and make the noodles that I have seen before. Will probably do that some time this week.

Feel free to add me on MFP. AngelMommy13

For fun here is a pic of how the inside of my fridge looks right now. I am trying y'all lol.. I put all my fruits and veggies out in front to make sure I use them. I have a tendency to stick them in the drawers and forget about them till they are bad lol..

Attachments

• fridge.jpg
    fridge.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 4
Looking good Ali!! I have made spaghetti squash with a meat sauce before and it was so good. Even my DH liked it.

Looking good Ali!! I have made spaghetti squash with a meat sauce before and it was so good. Even my DH liked it.

Nice! I was a bit leary since I love pasta lol.. I will eventually include back some of these foods in moderation but not yet. Funny thing though, pasta is low on the glycemic index. I am not really sure how bad it is for you. Maybe I will try gluten free pasta when I am ready.

Looks good Alli! I am curious about the spaghetti squash for some reason I haven't been brave enough for that one :haha: I have done butternut squash a couple times and love that! I roast it with onions, garlic power, salt, pepper, and a little chili powder and it gets this combo taste of sweet and spicy..so good!

Krissie I would be so sad if they stopped doing bountiful baskets here! So much cheaper than buying it at the grocery store and much better quality

Edit to add: I have tried the gluten free pasta and was so scared it would be disgusting...actually very good! I couldn't even tell the difference.

Its a co-op program for fruits and vegetables. You pay $15 dollars and get a bunch of fruits and veggies. It forces me to try new things too since you don't get to choose what you get.

It looks like they have quite a few sites in Texas, not sure where you live but it would be worth it to look into!

Oh nice! $15 is pretty cheap compared to other similar things I have seen. I am way out in the country so I don't think I have anything like that around here. I do however have wild onion, dewberries, blackberries, and strawberries growing on our property! :) We just bought this house in March so we want to hopefully start a garden soon. I also want to get chickens for fresh eggs and maybe a cow or 2 for fresh milk to make cream, butter, ect.

Yep, if you have one near you it is a great deal. I always enjoyed getting new things to try.

So I put in my projected food for the day and I am sitting at 1372 for calories. I would like to get that up to 1500 so I will try to figure out a snack for this afternoon. I decided I really don't want to go to the store today so I figured out stuff I already have. :haha:

It looks like they have quite a few sites in Texas, not sure where you live but it would be worth it to look into!

I just checked and there weren't any close to me. I am all the way in Northeast Texas near the OK and AR border. I checked OK and not one there close to me either. That is one of the downfalls to living so remote.

Yep, if you have one near you it is a great deal. I always enjoyed getting new things to try.

So I put in my projected food for the day and I am sitting at 1372 for calories. I would like to get that up to 1500 so I will try to figure out a snack for this afternoon. I decided I really don't want to go to the store today so I figured out stuff I already have. :haha:

Haha I have done that many times. Grocery shopping is not my favorite. And it is not because I have to drive 45 mins to get there lol. I always plan it for when Justin is home so he can unload the car. :rofl:

Yep, I hate going after work and it is suppose to rain this afternoon too. I think I will make a more comprehensive list and go shopping Wednesday when my mom has DS.

Good idea. I never go without a proper list. I get all the wrong things then lol.. I try and meal plan too. I spend a lot less money when I do that.

So I am on CD45 with no AF in sight! I am getting so frustrated. For some reason my face is breaking out. I am hoping that is a sign the witch will show soon but never had that sign before. I just want it to show up already. I am seriously getting frustrated. I am hoping with better eating habits and losing weight my cycle will stay more regular than just a few months at a time. It is regular for a bit and then it throws out a wonky cycle like now.

I spend way less too when I make a list and meal plan. Sounds like a good plan to me Krissie..who likes going shopping? :haha:

Alli hopefully she will show her face soon, I broke out really bad before AF showed up this month which is abnormal for me as well...maybe there is something in the air haha. I think losing the weight will definitely help. The extra weight and junk we put in our bodies really throws things off.

I just used 21 points on lunch and am not actually eating anything :rofl: I was getting hungry but nothing sounded good so I decided to have a GNC total lean meal replacement shake. Cookies and cream (yummy!) but decided to go ahead and mix it with 2% milk since I wasn't having anything else...lots of points for 2% lol. The good news is I don't regret it one bit since it is delicious and I still have 11 points left for the day which is plenty for a snack and a hearty supper.

Irregular cycles are the worst! Since having ds they have ranged from 19 days all the way over 60. I've only ovulated a couple times too. It's been frustrating. I'm hoping with low carb I can ovulate and have a semi regular cycle (well really hoping for that elusive bfp!).

Fx the witch shows soon.

I spend way less too when I make a list and meal plan. Sounds like a good plan to me Krissie..who likes going shopping? :haha:

Alli hopefully she will show her face soon, I broke out really bad before AF showed up this month which is abnormal for me as well...maybe there is something in the air haha. I think losing the weight will definitely help. The extra weight and junk we put in our bodies really throws things off.

I just used 21 points on lunch and am not actually eating anything :rofl: I was getting hungry but nothing sounded good so I decided to have a GNC total lean meal replacement shake. Cookies and cream (yummy!) but decided to go ahead and mix it with 2% milk since I wasn't having anything else...lots of points for 2% lol. The good news is I don't regret it one bit since it is delicious and I still have 11 points left for the day which is plenty for a snack and a hearty supper.

Sounds yummy! I have gotten used to having my protein shakes with water. I am not a big milk drinker as it is. When I do buy milk I buy whole milk because of the lower sugar content. :)

Irregular cycles are the worst! Since having ds they have ranged from 19 days all the way over 60. I've only ovulated a couple times too. It's been frustrating. I'm hoping with low carb I can ovulate and have a semi regular cycle (well really hoping for that elusive bfp!).

Fx the witch shows soon.

It is very frustrating! I used to track ovulation and it was every month but recently my cycles are all over the place. I am going to start with my opks and bbt again to make sure I am ovulating now. I am sure eating healthier and losing weight will help.. I think me stressing over it is only making it worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bumblebee1
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->