Losing Weight While TTC

Yea I will be trying to hold out on testing as well. I lost 2.7 this week which is great but it was after a huge gain so doesn't feel great. I half assed it and lost 2.7 though so I'm hoping to stay strict this week and lose around 5 pounds. If I can do that I will be close to feeling somewhat on track...

Are you feeling better today Ali?

How are things going for you krissie?

I am feeling ok. Waiting for AF to be done. Not quite as heavy as last time so that's good. I have a cold or something going on. Itchy nose and throat. In great news though my nephew is coming to visit next week. I haven't seen him in almost a year. I am very excited to see him. I am taking a week off of work so it will be great.

Ali- that sounds like a great week!

Shan- good job on losing it! Fx you stay on track this week.

Afm, I've been feeling so off the last week and a half. At first I figured it was the clomid but now I'm not sure what's up. Just achy, nauseous and horrible heart burn every night. I took a pregnancy test yesterday just to rule it out.

Was it a bfn? How many dpo are you now?

So tell me why did I have a dream that I am pregnant with a cat? I had a dream that I found out I was 17 weeks pregnant, heartbeat 167. I was like that's weird, my tests were negative. Found out I wasn't pregnant with a dog but it was a cat and they can't be detected by a regular test early on. Wth!!! With a dream like that I might be pregnant! Haha. So freaking weird!!!

Hey ladies- sorry I've been kinda mia. I've been struggling lately. I don't know if it's the clomid or what but I've been so tired and off.

We finally got our backyard back so we have been playing outside yesterday and today and that's really helped with my mood and energy.

Ali- that's a heck of a messed up dream!

Yea, it was bfn. I actually was only a couple dpo but the way I was feeling was so off. I'm 4 dpo today. I had a bit of a temp dip and I'm thinking it was a secondary estrogen surge. But I guess I will know tomorrow if my temp goes back up. We had good timing this month so really hoping it works and the progesterone makes it sticky.

Ali that is weird indeed! I finally got that mask in the mail yesterday....only 4 days later than I said I would :haha:

Krissie I hope you start feeling better :hugs:

I have been doing great the last couple days. I have had some really emotional days but nothing that I can't handle. I finally quit using the nicotine patch and have followed food plan all week and have been getting a decent amount of steps and I feel great! In the back of my mind I am mortified about the iui though. I know that financially it is a stretch and I have dealt with that but it still nags me in the back of my mind. And I am so scared that it won't work. I don't know how much sense this makes but I feel like if the iui doesn't work that bill will taunt me in the worst way...

Stay positive!!! It will work!

Sorry I haven't been missing. I have been super busy around the house and preparing for my nephew to fly out on Wed. I am so excited!!!

I have been doing ok diet wise. Not perfect but not horrible. Not gaining weight so that's a plus. I am hoping with him here we will be active and that will be great for me. Especially because it is his first time in Texas and I need to show him some good food! LoL

Hi ladies. Im 5''5 and i weight 12 stone 10 on average. I weighed 11 stone 6 before my daughter was conceived in may 2014.

I dont drive so i walk the 30 minutes to town or to my mums. I go out for walks most days often for a good 40 minutes to an hour. I half heartedy do charlie brooks exercise dvd. In jan and feb i did it 3 times a week but then after a couple of months of illness in the house i stopped doing it as there was no time or i was ill myself. Ive just started doing 10-20 minutes of the dvd every couple of days as i figured a little is better than nothing. But i have to do stuff around my daughter napping etc and that can be hard if i need a shower or to do some cleaning.

Im trying for baby number 2. I am sad that i never lost the stone ive hung onto but i dont want to wait any longer as we want to expand our family. I am abit worried ill end up carrying even more weight. Ive always had big legs which i think is where alot of my weight is but my legs get alot of exercise so im starting to think its the way im made. I want realistic goals to reach so if anyone knows some ten minute work out thats i could do. Not too complex though. Id be greatfull of anything to give me a boost x

Hi Laura!

There are lots of workout videos on Youtube. I do the Leslie Sansone walking videos a lot because it is so hot where I am at. She has some mile walk videos that are 15 mins long or so. Search for "10 minute workout" on Youtube. A lot pop up. The best thing is it's free! :)

Welcome Laura. Ali is right about YouTube. It is definitely worth checking out.

I wish I wouldn't weigh myself during my period. I'm up 3 lbs. Boo! And I forgot to chart my garmin this weekend so it's dead.

I am going to work on cleaning today. Dh and I have plans from Thursday on so I want my house clean so I don't worry about it.

Thanks ladies. It tely is frustrating because i was told by the midwife it soon drops of when you get out walking with your pram. I try eat a balanced diet but i do have biscuits or a chocolate bar with my cuppa in the afternoon. Im certainly not a terrible eater always have a good breakfast and vegetables for tea. I just dont want to weigh 14 stone after i have another baby (if im blessed enough to conceive again)

Krissie I am sure it is just water retention. It will drop off. I gained like 5 lbs with mine. Dropped it right when it was done.

Laura, weight loss is different for everyone. Some people might just drop it when they go out walking. I wish I was one of those people lol. Maybe check out some of those videos and see what works best for you. I find that strength training works more for me than cardio.

Hey ladies id like to join if that's OK. I started swimming three days a week to workout as I'm so afraid that being fat is why I can't conceive a baby... I have a while back story on all of that but Id like to find a buddy who understand the frustration and pain being overweight and ttc is.

I definitely understand as i feel i have got up and moved and tried to up my fitness. I happily walk 45 mins to an hour around where i live pushing dd up hills etc but i still cant shift it. I guess it would take diet changes too but i like a treat considering im on the go with a demanding tot x

Hey ladies!! Welcome Gagrl!

Sorry I have been MIA. My nephew flew in on Wed and I have been super busy! There are positives and negatives to that. First one is I have to show him Texas food. That's a negative. The positive is I have been moving a lot so I have actually dropped a couple of lbs!

Shan I got your package! Can't wait to try it! I think I am going to try it tonight!!!

Krissie, how are you doing??

Laura, they say that diet and what you eat is like 85% of your results. I have noticed that eating clean works best for me. I hear you on the treats though. I try and eat clean 90% of the time.

Welcome Gagrl.

Ali- I've been feeling so emotional and depressed about the whole ttc thing. Last cycle really threw me off. I think my higher clomid dose is probably contributing.

My non ttc stuff is also out of wack. I go back to work in a week and that's been playing heavy on me. It's always hard to go back but I know I will get going soon.

We are also in the process of moving two people into our basement. While I like them I don't know them well (dh friends) and so it's causing me some anxiety. On top of all the stress I had in getting it ready for them.

Last, dh department is downsizing and he is being shifted out. He was a supervisor and you know he went to school to do what he does. So I'm so sad for him. Plus I'm worried about the financial ramifications. The one good thing is he's moving to third shift so we should see him in the evenings which will be great.

So yea, I need to get out of my funk and back on track. My diet has been awful lately. Maybe with two other people living here we can alternate cooking better. I find it so exhausting to come home from work and cook. I'd rather be playing with ds!

Welcome Laura and gagrl! :wave:

Gagrl we definitely understand, it is so scary thinking that the weight could be the reason and it causes a lot of guilt it is great to have people that can relate :flower:

Laura it is different for everyone, for me exercise has never taken it off I always have to follow a healthy meal plan.

Ali I'm glad you got it! Warning although it is probably too late :haha: the stuff stinks to high heaven. I used mine tonight and I was thinking oh yea forget to mention that lol. The stuff that stinks is made to make it antibacterial, if I remember correctly, since it is a rolling ball and that would make it unsanitary without something like that. But within 15 seconds it dries and doesn't smell so that's great! Just leave it on while you sleep and wash it off in the morning and be amazed :rofl: You can put it on your elbows and the heels of your feet as well without worry because of the antibacterial, it won't start to peel off until the skin underneath is hydrated.

Krissie I'm sorry you are feeling down. Last cycle was super rough it's totally understandable.

Over the last couple weeks I decided to really get serious about my eating and lost 9 pounds! I am eating like crud this weekend though because I have a nasty cold and don't want to cook so I have been ordering out and over eating so I'm sure the scale will not be my friend on Monday. But knowing that my body will so easily get rid of it is super reassuring! I am 1dpiui and feeling very optimistic. I had really bad O pains and stomach cramps yesterday which sucked but they are gone today and I got my temp rise. My ultrasound showed 4 follicles 1 on the left at 17mm and 3 on the right at 15, 13, and 11. They weren't sure if the 15 would make it but O pains were on both sides so I am hopeful that I got two eggs this month!! And DH's sample was awesome, his count was 275 million after the wash with 98% motility. He was so mad about having to produce the sample and now that he heard the numbers he is like a peacock showing his feathers :haha: He couldn't be more proud!

Ali how is your cycle coming along??

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I gained most of my weight twelve years ago when I had a pretty horrific car accident. Had to learn to walk again and the entire gambit after multiple injuries. I hadn't really been motivated enough since then to lose it but now I realize I need to. Other than being what they refer to me as (morbidly obese) I'm actually very healthy. My bloodwork is great and my cholesterol is great (although my hdl could be a bit higher) and other than dealing with some lingering pain from the trauma, I do very well. I also thought about breast reduction surgury (I'm a 40G) but I don't want to go through that twice. I was also diagnosed with hashimotos but currently my thyroid levels are normal. I just get so frustrated that my body isn't doing the one thing I feel it's supposed to do...

Oh wow I can't even imagine :hugs: That is great that your labs are good! I would be worried about the reduction as well. Breastfeeding is so great for mom and baby and a great bonding experience, I wouldn't want to jeapordize that with a reduction. Also you don't know what size you will be for sure after the weight loss. I am BRCA positive so after I am done having kids I will have a preventative double mastectomy and I have decided I don't want to do it before losing weight. That way you know what size breasts will look good with your new body type as well.

Oh wow I can't even imagine :hugs: That is great that your labs are good! I would be worried about the reduction as well. Breastfeeding is so great for mom and baby and a great bonding experience, I wouldn't want to jeapordize that with a reduction. Also you don't know what size you will be for sure after the weight loss. I am BRCA positive so after I am done having kids I will have a preventative double mastectomy and I have decided I don't want to do it before losing weight. That way you know what size breasts will look good with your new body type as well.
Exactly. My mother had 11.5 lbs removed when she did hers. I just know that this is the best thing for me and for my future child. I did also find I'm mthfr positive so I have to take an organic prenatal with methlyfolate instead of folic acid which thank goodness for the smarty pants vitamins, they've been a godsend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->