LOST: The Final Chapter - discussion/theory thread! **May Contain Spoilers!**

i thought about the dharma today too! But couldnt remember if it was explained already in past series!

Maybe grown up Aaron is watching the island!! Someone right at the beginning said he would be special!

OR maybe jack and juliettes son is Aaron?

or do you think they all died at the same time when the plane crashed, and their limbo was on the island and purgatory was the sideways flashes.........

and thas why Jin and Sun were back to being pregnant and so was Claire?

Y was penny atthe funeral shewas never on the island r met many of the caracters??
What did widmore want with the island?
What happened to richard??
Y did faraday <3 and charlotte get a flash basck but werent ther in the end?
Where were
Miles?
The pilot?
Walt and micheal?
Rose and bernard?
Nikki and pablo?
Arh!! So many unaswered questions.... I like the ending when he closed his eyes lke at the beginning tho... and that he wasnt alone, he had vincent with him.... the rest i will not understand!

Rose and Bernard were at the church at the end.

I figured Penny was at the funeral because she was important to Desmond?

Miles and Lapedis (the pilot) might not have had the same emotional connection to each other than everyone else did, although that seems hollow to me as him and Sawyer seemed to be really close.

As for the other Q's, I'm stumped. :haha:

None of the other characters where all old and stuff so why would aaron have to be?

OMG:cry::cry: It all makes sense now !!! I just got done watching and man are tears running down my face that is an amazing PLOT!:happydance:

Quote:I'm really shocked to see the number of people that interpreted the funeral scene to mean that the entire series had taken place in some form of purgatory (which if that were the case, I could completely understand their disappointment). But my take on it from the outset was that it was only the 'flash-sideways' that was purgatory, or, as ... See MoreChristian put it, the place they made so they could 'find each other again'. An alternate reality that allowed each character to find their way to a sense of peace with themselves and to the people who were closest to them. So in a nutshell, Oceanic 815 actually crashed on the island, some characters died on the island, some left and returned, Jack died in the bamboo forest after restoring the light, some characters ultimately left for good (Kate, Claire, Sawyer, etc.) and some stayed for good (Hurley, Ben). And those that survived - on and off island - lived out their lives to whatever end met them. But when they all eventually passed on (there is no 'Now', as Christian said, so it didn't matted who died when or in what order) they found one another again because of the relationships they had created. They were ultimately waiting for each other in the afterlife due to the importance of the lives they had shared on the island. And the funeral was all of the other characters who had finally accepted their lives and deaths, helping Jack to 'let go' - a recurring theme in many of the flash-sideways stories. I thought it was a beautiful choice for the finale and a brave one as well, as it was left so open to interpretation - and misinterpretation - by the dedicated audience that had followed it. So if you loved Lost but hated the finale, give it some time and thought and another careful watch. I think that the final moments of the show, like the entire series that proceeded them, contained a much bigger story than most people understood at a glance.

The quote from the website above are exactly how I interpreted things:

I.e. They didn't die when they crashed, everything on the Island happened as the story was told. However, every character dies at some point, even if it is many years after Jack died. It was the side flashes that were purgatory, not life on the Island. The side flashes were the stories that the losties made up in order to get into contact with each other again, before they all met in the Chapel ready to progress onto heaven (or whatever you want to call it) as led by Christian Shepherd (excellent name choice for that character)All in all I thought it was quite lovely

so there wasnt really any point in series 3,4,& 5? we could have had 1,2 & finished with 6!!

All those people introduced into it that had a mystery about them....... like ecko, walt..... pointless?!

I'm new to this thread, but did I miss how Ben got out from under the fallen tree? Pretty sure they didn't show it.

it was when the island started to quake after desmond removed the stone from the light, the tree collapsed on top of him

so there wasnt really any point in series 3,4,& 5? we could have had 1,2 & finished with 6!!

All those people introduced into it that had a mystery about them....... like ecko, walt..... pointless?!

apparently in real life Ecko went to Prison, as did Anna Lucia, so I guess they were just written out. But people like Daniel Faraday were important as the connection between the Widmores and the island and also his character was kind of a narrator for the audience and explained about the whole time travel thing. Also Faraday's mother was the way back onto the island and he told Desmond he had to speak to her. Some things weren't explained fully, and some people didn't have critical roles and were just "distractions" almost, but I guess that is the way things happen in life too....

i would have liked an explanation about farradays mother better, how she knew what she did and was able to know when to get back to island etc!

Ohhhh what did they go to jail for?!

also I think that you needed the other series in order to develop the relationships between the characters. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a connection to get back to at the end for them iykwim.

this is from wiki

Michelle Rodriguez
In 2005, while filming Lost in Hawaii, Rodriguez was pulled over by Honolulu police multiple times; she was cited for driving at 83 mph (134 km/h) in a 55 mph (89 km/h) zone on Oahu on November 1, and was fined $357, paid a $300 fine for driving 90 mph (140 km/h) in a 35 mph (56 km/h) zone on October 20, was fined $197 for going 80 mph (130 km/h) in a 50 mph (80 km/h) zone on August 24.[27] On December 1, 2005, Rodriguez and her Lost co-star Cynthia Watros were pulled over (separately) and arrested for driving under the influence.[28] Rodriguez pleaded not guilty when arraigned,[29] but on the day of her trial in April 2006, she pleaded guilty to one charge of driving under the influence. She chose to pay a $500 fine and spend five days in jail instead of doing 240 hours of community service.[25] Rodriguez cited her high doses of allergy-relieving steroids as part of the reason for her erratic behavior.[30] Because the Kailua incident was a violation of her Los Angeles probation, Rodriguez was sentenced to 60 days in jail, a 30 day alcohol rehabilitation program and another 30 days of community service, including work for Mothers Against Drunk Driving, by a judge in Los Angeles on May 1, 2006.[31] Because of overcrowding, she was released from jail on the same day she entered. She wrote about the experience on her blog.[32]

It only seems a short stint so not sure if it would have anything to do with the plotlines maybe the writers didnt want her back? Dunno.

Just found this on Wiki about Eko - it seems i was wrong he didn't go to prison.

He was arrested in Honolulu, Hawaii on September 2, 2006 for disobeying a police officer and operating a motor vehicle without a license. He was released after six hours[2] on $500 bail.[3] On September 26, 2006, he was cleared of all charges after providing proof that he had a license.

But I did find this:

Why didn't Mr. Eko come back?

It's one of the most asked questions about Lost's final season. After all, everyone else returned! So what gives?

Sources tell me exclusively:

Lost's Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje&#8212;who played the iconic Mr. Eko&#8212;was offered a guest spot in last night's Lost series finale, but he...wait for it...turned it down.

According to ABC and Lost insiders, Adewale was offered a hearty sum to do one scene in the last hurrah, but the actor wanted five times the amount that was offered. It didn't work out.

How and where would Adewale have popped up in the finale? I guess we'll never know, but he was definitely loved by many fans before his character's demise.

Eko (a warlord who pretended to be a priest in order to smuggle drugs) was the fifth character to die on Lost, after facing the Smoke Monster for a second time and getting attacked, and then telling Locke, "I saw the devil."

Producers have said their original plan was for Mr. Eko to stay on the show four seasons, but they released Adewale from his contract after only one season because he wanted off the Island.

sorry i seem to be spamming this thread! :) found this link and thought it might help (but obviously don't look at it if you don't want to know just yet!)

https://lost-and-gone-forever.blogspot.com/

and also this one
https://screenrant.com/lost-finale-explanation-kofi-61464/

TJG just found this! Hope it helps!
As for Mr. Eko, his death in the season 3 episode “The Cost of Living” showed that Eko had come to peace with his life. When told by the ghost of his brother Yemi to “Confess his sins,” Eko refused, saying that he had no guilt to confess; in his life, he did what he had to do to survive. The smoke monster evaluated Eko, who stood resolute about himself, his sins and the faith and redemption he’d ultimately found. After smokey beat Eko to pulp, Eko’s last vision was his young self walking away with his brother, holding the soccer ball they used to play with.Eko, by finding his faith and coming to peace with himself, had no reason to be in the purgatory world with the others. Wherever his soul was going, it was prepared for that journey – unlike the other passengers, who still had to come to peace with themselves and their deaths

they should have shown a snippet of kate claire richard etc getting off the island and living life.
jacob should of explained what the island was and why he actually and how he got them to get on the plane.

how did the dharma people know all about the losties if jacob bought them there.

i get how they kind of went back to "earth" when they died until they found each other then they went off to heaven when the light came in. i just found the ending very bizarre. still made me cry and goose bumps when they had the flash backs, esp sawyer and juliet

I quite like it tbh. I sat and cried all the way to the end from when Kate and Jack kissed and she was like promise me we'll see each other again. I love you :cry::cry:

It was a good ending i think. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->