Lotus birth!?

i would of done a lotus birth but i was in too much pain from my tear i could barley walk so i decided not to put extra stress on me worrying about carrying the placenta too and cut it =[

although i did wait 24 hours before cutting it, but it's just not the same

There is definitely a positive to it- imagine how it will put off all those pesky visitors in the first few days!!

I can't see that's it's at all natural or beneficial but have no issues at all with someone doing it.

This is why I love bnb opening my eyes to all of these things. I'm not sure it's for me but I do think it great that people do it x

Hell no!! Yuk the first weeks are bloody hard enough lol honestly what next!!

I don't see why people on here have to be so judgmental about it. I think it sounds lovely and I know I certainly didn't walk around much those first few days as I was curled up in bed nursing all day. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't make it disgusting.

Your right its just not for me! Doesn't mean you can't do it.

I did ask for this to be closed.
Its the usual story....we have to accept some people think its natural, beneficial, etc but they wont accept we think its a little gross! Im all for having a discussion but it doesnt work when one set of people think they are right and we should all accept their views but they wont accept that just because some people find it odd, disgusting, unnecessary, etc doesnt mean their view is any less relevant.

Can this please be closed, as I requested on page 2 ( i think)?

You have to pm a mod or report the thread if you want it closed.

ETA: I've never heard of this before, I don't think its disgusting but im not sure I'd do it myself but have no issues with anyone else doing it if that's what they want to do :)

I thought it was a nice discussion with lots of informative posts? Was enjoying reading it.

I am not sure its for me but I can't be 100% because I had an emergency section with Harry and so missed out of the chance to even go into labour at all.

Honestly I just hope to be able to give birth next time. I like then idea of delayed clamping though. Has anyone done that? What are the benefits?

The people saying its disgusting are only expressing their opinion . I don't think anyone needs to be taking offence to that . lotus birth isnt going to be everyones cup of tea . we should all just do what we think is best for ourselves and babies . The post was writing to get opinions . Well that's what I think anyway

Its not for me

can I ask how it started, i mean cos animals dont do it do they

not offence meant I am interested

I couldn't eat the placenta but on reflection might have had it encapsulated so it didn't LOOK like one, lol. It's supposed to be very beneficial for Mum, from what I've read.

I saw this when I was pregnant. Its not gross but it was unpractical for me. I done the school run 2days later! Who on earth stays rested for 4weeks after like the lady in the article says!!

I can accept that its not for everyone. But words like "disgusting" are offensive.

It shouldn't be offensive to express an opinion. There's a big difference between saying 'I think it is disgusting, it's not for me,' and 'you are disgusting for doing it'.

Personally, it's not done in nature, so why do people do it? Seems completely pointless to me. But that's my opinion. I don't care if other people want to do it.

I don't think it's gross or weird but I wouldn't have wanted it even if I could. This is weird because I know the cord and placenta provide everything to the baby but the cord wrapped around my sons next twice and caused a hectic delivery etc, so I wouldn't have wanted it to stay attached.

I wouldn't want it on the next one even if it was straightforward. Cords are amazing but they also terrify me because they go wrong.

"Disgusting, revolting, ew, :sick:"

If any of those had been used in relation to breastfeeding BnB would be uproar. It would offensive then wouldn't it?

Breastfeeding is natural, normal, all mammals do it. Where in nature does this happen? Eating it makes more sense then leaving it attached...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->