Love,Patience,& Support-Staying tgther until all preggo! 14BFPs! 2 Twins 4 angels

Ok, I also gotta ask for your opinion, girls. I am still thinking about the second girl's name. The first one will be Madeleine for sure. The second name has been such a struggle! Been through many choices, but don't like most of them enough to name my child that. So, my sister has a daughter named Anastasia, and I kinda like it as it is a Russian name. In Russian, the short for Anastasia is Nastya, which in English sounds like Nasty... Not too great ... so most girls whose name is Anastasia who come to US, end up calling themselves Stacy for short. I don't really like that name either. I wold probably end up calling her Annie, but is it that terrible to name my child same as my sister? Please tell me honestly.

Yum - my fingers remain crossed for you and like others I wouldn't have the will power to wait but completely understand your reason.

Kat - I love the name Anastasia and for some reason I always thought I would be Ana for short but Annie is nice as is Nastya. There was a pretty well known Olympian with the name Nastya so I think it's become more accepted (at least here).
I woul however ask your sister how she feels. We have picked and boys and girls name and am so tempted to post it on Facebook as I don't want to share lol although I wouldn't really be upset.

Oh and afm I am sick :-(. I felt like I was getting the start of a bladder infection on Sunday so Monday I called my OB and they had me come in Tuesday to leave a urine sample and went ahead and put me on some antibiotics.
I have never had a uti like this. The right side of my lower abdomen and back are really tender and achie which OB said is probably just part of it. Well I started the meds and today it doesn't hurt when I pee but every other part of my body hurts. I feel fluish, my back hurts, my head hurts and now I'm running a fever (101.2 a moment ago) that comes down with Tylenol.
I'm just not sure now if it's all related or this is new.

Mrska - the faint positives have happened to me before and then they faded away and I got my AF, so I'm waiting to test closer to when AF is due, if its dark, then I am, if not it could have been a false positive or a chemical pregnancy.

Kat - I like annie, and I agree nastya sounds too close to nasty.

Sally - love the jungle theme idea!

Hey girls so yesterday I was cooking caramel tart and I opened up the tin of boiling caramel an it went straight in my face and burnt me it hurt so bad I was the only one home so had to call the ambulance and then had to go to hospital today my eye is bit swollen and u can see couple of burn marks on my face near my eye but all good :). Anyway
yum I think u got it in the bag darl I think u should test ur chart is looking great and cramps like af way before period is due is a really good sign I kno ur scared to see negative but it's looking really good :). How is everyone else I wanna c more belly pics Kat u should be getting pretty round now :)

Btw my temp was real low the smorning 35.5 I think that might be from the morphine though cause I had quite a bit for pain

Aww, thanks for the nice comments ladies! You make me feel better - I just got home from a get together at a friends house where I met another woman who's pregnant. When I asked her due date and she responded that it's 3 WEEKS BEFORE MINE, my jaw nearly hit the ground because she seriously looks like half as pregnant as me! But anyway, I will get my act together and post a bump pic, I promise :)

Kat, I love both of those names and think Ana or Annie would be really cute as a nickname. But I guess it would just depend on what your sister would think about your using that name?

eek, Trying - so sorry about your burn! I didn't see that before posting my last note. I bet that was both scary and painful. Hope it heals up fast!

Oh, right, I forgot to say, my sister said she doesn't mind at all, especially because she doesn't like that name and only called her daughter Anastasia because her husband wanted to name their daughter that name ( he died when my sister was 3 months pregnant, they didn't know at the time that they would have a girl, but this was the only name he liked for a girl). Plus, my sister lives in Russia, and I live in US.

Trying, gush, I am so sorry, how are you feeling now? How scary! You must have freaked out! Too bad there was no one home to help you! :(

You know what, then? If she doesn't mind and you like the name, I think you should go with it. I can't totally speak for what I'd do in your situation, but that's mostly because I know my sister would pitch a fit, ha! But especially with the two of you living in different countries and if you will use a nickname too - why not, honestly?

Thanks, Ja! I also want to know what kind of short name you would expect a girl with this name to have? If you had a co-worker with this name, what is the first short name for her that jumps to your mind? Is it Stacy? Anna? Annie? Does it sound like an African-American name? Please please be honest! I trust you girls.

I think it's a really pretty name. Do you pronounce it Anna-STAYS-ya or Ahna-STAHS-ya (or another way)? The nickname I'd think of would probably depend on the pronunciation. As for any type of ethnic origin - I would think Russian or Eastern European probably, however I don't think it sounds so much so that anyone would be overly focused on that. All in all, I think it's pretty :)

Madeleine is a feminine given name. It is a form of Magdalene, well-known because of Saint Mary Magdalene, which is thought to mean "from Magdala".

Anastasia is a female form of the Greek male name Anastasius/Anastasios, meaning "resurrection." The name, and its male counterpart, were often given to Greek children born around December 2 or around Easter during the early days of Christianity. It is the name of several early saints. Anastasia of Sirmium, a 2nd century Christian saint martyred at Sirmium, is commemorated during the second Mass on Christmas Day each year according to the traditional calendar of the Roman Catholic Church.

I got these from Wikipedia,and it feels nice that both names come from strongly religious backgrounds, although I am not religious at all, lol :) and the part about that name being given to children born in December, kinda cool, as this is about when they will come :) I am starting to convince myself I love it, as you can probably tell :)

Yeah same question is it Ana - stay - zia or Ana - star - zia ( I may be pronouncing weirdly with my kiwi accent lol) maybe you could pronounce it differently to your sister ? if she doesn't mind that's cool but will there be confusion amongst family whenever Anastasia is referred to ? would you mind if she got mistaken for your sisters daughter and vice versa in conversation with family ?

I would pronounce it Ana-stay-zia (not sure how to write the pronunciation). I wish I could just say it for you! Ummm, my sister's daughter is always referred to as Nastya in family conversations, so I would try to make up a different short version in Russian, like Tasya, or Asya... My mom will not like the idea of having two granddaughters under the same name, but I would really try to americanize that name as much as possible.
I also just figured out Madeleine and Anastasia both have 9 letters in them :) kinda cool, eh?

Hey girls thx it's getting better not to sore atm btw loving the names they are beautiful :)

Trying: ouch! Must have hurt... Glad it turned out okay, could have been much worse!!

Laura: wow you got it good... how awful :( Antibiotica should work fast, so should be better soon. Atleast the pain while peeeing is gone now. Good luck!! Do you have help in the house so you can sleep and rest?

Kat: I like the names! I wouldn't be too thrilled if my sister (in my case brother) would pick the same name, but i think it's really cool your sister doesn't mind! Especially with the nicknames, i don't think it should be confusing. You get to name your child once, so make sure you pick a name you really really like :) Anna/Ana/Annie is a great nick.

I'm having a hard time picking out boys names... I have one now, Raven. OH likes it, but doesn't know if we should pick this name. I really want this name, so i hope it will be this name. Either boy or girl.. but i want a second name, and there is no other name i like! lol....

so girls, i have decided that im going to stop trying to fall pregnant. I was at the doctor today and when they done my blood test on me 8 weeks ago it was 21, well he done another one on me last week and it has dropped to 7. If i was to fall pregnant there is a very high risk of me loosing it because i dnt have enough iron, i do not want to have to go through that pain so im stopping with the charting and all the trying to concieve stuff im actually really scared of falling pregnant now i want to be able to care for my baby right from the start so i need to get my iron up , my doctor has taken another blood test today to check my hemaglobin. Im still going to stay on bnb to watch u ladies with all ur pregnancies and praying that yum ur pregnant please test soon.

anyway good luck with everything girls xoxo

awh trying, that's so sad.. but it is a very wise choice you made. First you healthy, then baby healthy. Did the doc give you iron tablets? When i was young i had lots of problems with my iron too. I hope it will be better soon so you can start again! We'll be here for you, like we are for everyone :) Big hug!!

thx cil well thats the weird part i was taking iron tablets id been taking them for 6 weeks so my iron should have gone up but it went down and yes i dnt want to give my baby a bad start so i have to be healthy first...:hugs:

Trying - ouch I'm so sorry for your burns!! Also with iron, I know I've been there once when I almost became anemic. Eat a lot of steaks, that really boosts your iron levels a lot!

Kat - Love the names hun, so beautiful!!

Cil - I've always loved that name Raven, it really does fit either a boy or girl!

As for me: Temp dropped a lil, but it's only 11dpo. Not too worried. But it also could have been because the air was on all last night and I was hardly covered in the blankets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->