Love,Patience,& Support-Staying tgther until all preggo! 14BFPs! 2 Twins 4 angels

Yey, glad you dropped in on us! Is there any way u can post a pic of soy bottle on here? Huge threads scare me, I just feel super overwhelmed by them, so I just stick to this one and randomly read other small ones. Can you sum up the idea of soy for me? I will be on Clomid again for sure, but only 50mg again, so would like to add soy if it's not too dangerous.

Soy is considered by some to a natural Clomid and most people take double the amount of soy that they would Clomid (e.g. 100 mg soy equals 50 mg Clomid). Having never taken Clomid, I just started out with the lowest soy dose I'd read about, which was 80 mg. Soy works by tricking your body into producing additional estrogen, which kick starts the LH surge and ovulation.

People take soy on the same days they would take Clomid, either CD 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 5-9. The girls on the thread I followed increased their doses over that span, as did I - I took soy CD 2-6, 80/80/80/120/120. From what I read, it's important to be careful not to take too much initially, as it can delay ovulation. As for which days to take it, the thought is that an earlier pattern produces more eggs, while later (5-9) would produce a higher quality, mature egg.

Who knows if it was soy that helped me or just chance, but I think it can be worth trying. Please definitely read more on it before starting, though - I'm certainly not an expert! And actually, maybe BabyBump can weigh in as she's a doctor and I'm sure has a much better scientific understanding :)

P.S. I think most places stock soy near the menopause supplements rather than in with the vitamins in case you don't spot it right away.

Attachments

• soy.jpg
    soy.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
Hey girls, kinda off topic but here is a video that blew me away. This is from Ukranian X-Factor show, I am sure you all have something like that in your countries. Her name is Suzanna Salem. I love her version of "Halo"! And she is only 16!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLP2Oeln7hk

shes really amazing! I was a littl distracted by actually trying to figure out what they say...the language is very unfamiliar..its hypnotising me :)

Yey, glad you dropped in on us! Is there any way u can post a pic of soy bottle on here? Huge threads scare me, I just feel super overwhelmed by them, so I just stick to this one and randomly read other small ones. Can you sum up the idea of soy for me? I will be on Clomid again for sure, but only 50mg again, so would like to add soy if it's not too dangerous.

Soy is considered by some to a natural Clomid and most people take double the amount of soy that they would Clomid (e.g. 100 mg soy equals 50 mg Clomid). Having never taken Clomid, I just started out with the lowest soy dose I'd read about, which was 80 mg. Soy works by tricking your body into producing additional estrogen, which kick starts the LH surge and ovulation.

People take soy on the same days they would take Clomid, either CD 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 5-9. The girls on the thread I followed increased their doses over that span, as did I - I took soy CD 2-6, 80/80/80/120/120. From what I read, it's important to be careful not to take too much initially, as it can delay ovulation. As for which days to take it, the thought is that an earlier pattern produces more eggs, while later (5-9) would produce a higher quality, mature egg.

Who knows if it was soy that helped me or just chance, but I think it can be worth trying. Please definitely read more on it before starting, though - I'm certainly not an expert! And actually, maybe BabyBump can weigh in as she's a doctor and I'm sure has a much better scientific understanding :)

P.S. I think most places stock soy near the menopause supplements rather than in with the vitamins in case you don't spot it right away.

Ha, not QUITE a doctor yet, don't graduate until next year. :winkwink: You hit it pretty spot on as far as how it's supposed to work, though. I researched it before using it to understand the mechanism of action and it seems to be similar to Clomid, but not identical. It's a phytoestrogen and theory says it should stimulate the body to increase Estrogen production by occupying the estrogen receptors. However, there is some debate as to if your body actually absorbs and recognizes it the same way and, as of now, there isn't any scientific evidence that backs up the claim that it actually helps you ovulate. The theory stands, though and had enough weight to it that I was willing to give it a go. I was pretty underwhelmed by it...considering I didn't even ovulate that cycle...but lots of a ladies swear it helped them get preggers.

That being said, I personally would not mix it with Clomid because I'm not sure what kind of interactions they would have. Since they both (theoretically) just work to help stimulate ovulation, if you're ovulating on Clomid I don't know that it would change anything, but it could potentially have some kind of negative effect. :shrug: Who knows? I'd be wary of adding it to a prescribed regimen, though.

I was just thinking maybe it could help me get more eggies, so that if one was defective, maybe the other one would fertilize... But I guess, if they are growing in the same environment, than they would both be defective if the environment is bad?

I was just thinking maybe it could help me get more eggies, so that if one was defective, maybe the other one would fertilize... But I guess, if they are growing in the same environment, than they would both be defective if the environment is bad?

I'm not sure...I don't know anyone who has taken it at the same time as Clomid. But you know they say if you're ovulating on Clomid increasing the dose wouldn't help with anything? I just thought it'd be similar? Who knows...not me, that's for sure! :)

Hi Ladies hahah your posts are making me giggle which is good as im in a hell of a lot of pain as the evil witch has shown her ugly face in full force ! its my first AF since the miscarriage 3 months ago so im not surprised it's really painful ! so I am now without a doubt completely out ! :(

You crazy woman! I heard the soy isoflavones are really good and do work, though I haven't researched them too much. I'd give it a go to be honest, can't really do much harm, right? It does help with getting that BFP.

MrsKA, sorry to hear your AF arrived.. but at least now you know it's all settled after the MC and you can try again this cycle! :) Good luck!

Anyway, I had to POAS again, and the line is still there! :happydance: Still a faint line, but it's getting a little bit more visible :D And now.. I'm away until around Friday night as we're moving today! 26 hour drive with all that stuff :cry: Have fun ladies ;)

Have a great move back!! Be safe!! And see you when you get there. :)

mrska, really sorry hun the witch showed up. :hugs2: At least we are all here onto a new cycle!! :)

Good morning, everyone. I am so upset right now, my temp has not dropped too much, so I think it won't show today. If she does, it woul kind of go against my knowledge of temping. I am starting to doubt the u/s results I got on CD15 saying I already ovulated either on CD14 or early morning CD15. My temp spike was CD16 and it makes me wonder if I Oed on CD16. Anyway, spotting continues. I wanted to be in sync with you guys for the next cycle :(
Hope everyone is doing good. I promise to cheer up as the day goes.

Good morning, everyone. I am so upset right now, my temp has not dropped too much, so I think it won't show today. If she does, it woul kind of go against my knowledge of temping. I am starting to doubt the u/s results I got on CD15 saying I already ovulated either on CD14 or early morning CD15. My temp spike was CD16 and it makes me wonder if I Oed on CD16. Anyway, spotting continues. I wanted to be in sync with you guys for the next cycle :(
Hope everyone is doing good. I promise to cheer up as the day goes.

Yah from your chart I'd say it def looks like you ovulated a couple days later than your chart is marked. :-/ that also fits with your positive OPK.

My temp dropped today. :( I'm officially out.

Babybump: Sucks your temp went down :( when will you ttc again?

MrsKa: I'm so sorry :( I guess the faint line was hcg from the mc still? Or maybe a chemical because it had to be something, it was way too clear. This month is going to be a sticky bean!

Katrus: I think you Ov'd on CD 16! What does u/s results mean? Usually FF says you ovulate when the temp goes up right? So i guess CD 16.

midnight!! Wooooow your pic is great :D You look stunning eventhough i see only the side of you. Your other half ain't bad either :blush:

I read something about soy to increase estrogen. I eat lots of soy products and soy milk. Could this affect my progesterone? I guess it could. Maybe i should stop eating it from Ovulation on.

Btw i'll post some pics of my cats if you want! I'm very proud of them :)

https://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/atalaofpagantongue/IMG_0310.jpg
https://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/atalaofpagantongue/IMG_0319.jpg

OMG! Cilnia, your cats are very pretty - but that first picture made me jump! Those are some intense eyes!

I've seen posts where people were avoiding soy foods because of ovulation issues, but I wondered if there was really enough to make a difference. I guess it depends on how much soy one is eating.

Thanks! :D Yeh he's hypnotizing.

Ok.. well guess i can try to stop it this month :) I use it quit a lot..

Your cats are Beautiful!! and those photgraphs are stunning!! I had a few professional pics done in the past for magazines, calendars and stuff...nothing too crazy. But i love your kitty pics!! Guess you werent kidding about being a photographer!! Love it!!

Cil, I love the second picture! They are gorgeous!

I think I am gonna go with Royal Jelly this cycle, but I couldn't find any info on how fast it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->