Love,Patience,& Support-Staying tgther until all preggo! 14BFPs! 2 Twins 4 angels

Thanks for the reality check, ladies. Katrus, I think you are definitely right in that I've probably over-worried myself by reading too much on these boards!

It is so interesting to me how much prenatal care seems to vary in the different countries represented on this forum. For example, here in the U.S. with my private insurance, they will not see me before 8 weeks - and that appointment is not with a doctor. I had a question yesterday about a dental issue and whether it was safe to take care of right now.... I called my OB's office and the only option was to speak with a medical assistant, who initially said "sorry, I can't give you any advice if you haven't been seen yet." I explained that all my paperwork was on file and I just wanted to know the general opinion about dental work in the first trimester. She eventually gave me an answer, but geez!!!

And then I read posts from women in the UK who seem to be able to get appointments or medical answers at any point in their pregnancies! I guess it's the difference between big private insurers running the show vs. not.

Yeah, when I first called the doctor's office after my positive hpt, I asked when I would come in for a blood test (so many people had talked about them on here than I assumed that was the norm). They said "oh, we don't really do that - if you got a positive home pregnancy test, that would be the same thing we'd use, so we'll see you at 8 weeks."

Usually it's 8 weeks here as well. If you have had past MC or if you're sick - they will see you at 5 / 6. It also depends on the doctor you have here, some will help you sooner then others.

odd how things are different for everyone. When I got pregnant with my son I called my OB and set up an appointment immediately. They saw me that week just to confirm pregnancy (urine test) and set up a file with medical history. Then I got seen again at 6 weeks where they found the heartbeat. I was so naive about things then that I had no idea that was early to find it but happy they did.

oh and about 5 minutes after my post yesterday AF started full force. I actually felt better once I knew for sure. I felt sad for a bit but now ready to move on and try for my Christmas/Hanukkah baby. :happydance:

:hugs: Sorry about af hun. But at least you know for sure now and you can start a new cycle ready to attack.

Laura, well, at least now you can freely move on to a next cycle and do your count down to ovulation.

Ok, guys, so I went to the clinic today (jeez, I feel like I go there way to much, it's taking so much of my work time, good thing I can sneak out most of the time and my assistant can cover for me, god bless her). Anyway, I am moving to IVF!!!!!!!!!!

They gave me a huge package to read and sign, and instructions that I haven't gone through yet. I am very very excited and hopeful that it might work. They said my TSH level is still too high to get pregnant, they want it between 1 and 2 (mine is 3.27). So, a first step, they gave me a prescription for birth control pill Loestrin which I am supposed to start taking today... Not sure if it's ok that I already taken Clomid for two nights in a row (they don't know I've taken it, I was suppose to do days 5-9, but started early). Anyway, they did u/s and bw today, so hopefully, it's ok. My eyes were huge when they told me to take bcp, but they said it's ok, it's part of the preparation treatment for IVF. Wow. I am very excited but worried as well. Will keep you guys posted as to what's going on.

Karina: Omg!!! That is great!!! Wow i'm so excited!!! So... when are they going to do this? I mean, do you wait a cycle or immediately this cycle? It's so exciting!!!!

Kat - wow that sounds really positive about the IVF

Laura - sorry the witch got you

Thank you to all you lovely ladies who are trying to help me to feel positive. Feel less gloomy today so now going to try to have a positive mental attitude. If I had got pg last cycle then due date would have been right on top of DDs birthday so not ideal really - now hoping my body is getting ready for a lat Nov/early Dec baby.

Baby dust to all xxx

So exciting Katrus !!! yah for moving forward !

Health care in NZ is really different, you have to get a blood test to confirm either at your doctors before you organize a midwife or your midwife will organize it for you (they normally wont physically meet with you until you are 10 weeks though) but if you have any worries most will do more bloods to make sure levels are rising properly and they do scans pretty easily as well ! I had early scans with all 3 of my pregnancies. So interesting how different it all is !

Cilnia - I just got a call from the clinic and asked away a few questions, so that was one of them. So no, it looks like I will be skipping this cycle, as I will be on birth control for two-three weeks starting with tomorrow. The BCP should suppress the follicle growth and all, so the follies will kinda go to sleep for the duration of BCP. Than they will overlap the BCP and med called Lupron for a few days, and than start heavy duty meds that stimulate growth of several follies. That's how I understood it so far. But although I am skipping this cycle, I will still be here to watch your BFPs at the end of your cycles!!!!

Oh, and by the way, I just got the news from my lawyer from Russia that my divorce is final as of two days ago!!!! So I am a free woman now lol. He can still file an appeal for 30 days, but that is highly unlikely. I am so happy that I can finally move on with my life.

I agree with Midnight! I'm very happy things are turning out so well for you. This month is a preparation for the BFP next month! Can't wait for all of us to get bump-buddies along with Ja123 and Sunnii!! :D Would be so nice!

Hello girls. Sorry ive not been on here much but im crazy busy and pc broke so im on my phone so excuse the writing!!

I think medical care here is quite allright. Ive got a good doctor at least. Got my scan at 7 weeks!!

Kat, yey for IVF! Good luck :D

Midnight, i had ewcm from 5DPO and still have it now bit with white bits :S

AFM, im feeling good. Had some on and off cramps all day, dull ones. Back pain is easing off a lot :) Morning sickness is slowly making an appearance and I cant stay away from orange juice :rofl:

Any of you ladies get EWCM early in your cycle im 7DPO and have it ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->