Love *Update Page 4 and 7!*

Reaction score
Some people may have heard me tell this story before, but i'm telling it again because i have just had a new found sense of hope and am feeling really positive for the first time in months, about possibly finding love :)

I met Adam when i was 16. My sister and her boyfriend moved in with him and they were all really good mates. I saw him over at her house and we would chat casually and he came over to our house at christmas. He was always nice and good looking, but he was 10 years older than me, so i never really thought of him as anything other than my sisters mate, because i never in a million years thought he would be interested in me.

Then one night i had a row with my mother, and stormed out the house and went to my sisters to have a good cry. She told me i could spend the night and let me sleep on the pull out bed in the living room. That night i was woken by Adam getting into my bed. He kissed me and told me he had always liked me and he thought i was amazing. I was pretty shocked to say the least. He left and told me to come back over tomorrow so we could talk.

So i went back and we talked. He told me how he had liked me from the moment he saw me, how he loved that i was always life of the party, that i was wild and free and didn't care what anyone thought. He was smitten with me and wanted me to feel the same. I was honest, that i hadn't thought of him like that, but yes, i was attracted to him, maybe we could see what would happen? My sister walked in on us chatting and went mad. She took me back to my house and told me i couldn't see Adam. That i was still just a kid and he was a man and her best friend. It was a can of worms she didn't want opening. And i understood, he was a lot older than me, and if things didn't work out (which they probably wouldnt at that age) then it would make things major awkward for her, and i didn't want that. I agreed not to see Adam again.

Over the next two years me and Adam would see each other at house parties, and out in town (i got fake I.D and managed to go clubbing quite a lot under age) and when ever we saw each other we would flirt and kiss secretly and whisper sweet nothings into each others ears! We started to really fall for each other. And though many times i wanted to say 'sod it' to my sister and be with him, he didn't want to ruin their friendship.

When i hit 18, my sister, who knew me and Ad still had a 'thing' for each other, told me that if i wanted to, i was welcome to do something about it. At the time though, i had a boyfriend, so nothing happened.
Adam sent me a letter telling me how much he still felt for me and that he would wait for me, until we could be together.
The next year i was single, and sought out Adam, to find he had a girlfriend! (So much for waiting!!) He told me he would leave her for the chance to be with me, but i told him no, that he couldn't do it and it wasn't fair. I was beginning to have doubts about us anyway, after all, i was a wild and exciting 19 year old who broke many hearts. I didn't want to break Adams, he who wanted to settle down, where as i just wanted to have fun. Maybe it wasn't the right time for us?

Little did i know that that year i was to fall pregnant with my boyfriend who i had only been with for 3 months, i moved away to be with him. After my 6 month of pregnancy i left my FOB and went back home, where Adam was one of the first to greet me. 'Come out with me' he said. And i did. With a goodnight kiss at the end of the night, Adam asked for more. 'I want to be with you' he told me.
Sadly, i told him i was so messed up. Not sure whether i still loved FOB, and facing a life as a single mother, still crying on the nights that i was alone. It wasn't right. The timing was all wrong.
We went out a few more times, and discussed being together. But i told him it wasn't fair for him to be with me when i wasn't sure what i wanted, or if i was still in love with FOB. He understood. I told him i would tell him when i was less messed up.

Bella was born in november, and at the end of december i decided to pursue Adam, in hope he would be patient with me, i wasn't quite ready for a relationship, but i didn't want to lose him, he couldn't wait forever.

So at my request, my sister invited a few people over to hers, including Adam. After spending the night flirting with him and batting my eyelashes, he takes me aside. Sadly, he looks at me and says 'I'm seeing someone else. I think i love her'

I felt my heart break in two. Someone else? Love?
Adam had had girlfriends before, while i had boyfriends and while i didn't. But he would always say 'I don't feel for them as much as i feel for you'. So to hear he was in love? Confused and upset me.

In January i told him (in a drunken state) that i loved him. Again he rejected me, telling me he loved his girlfriend. That he couldn't entertain the thought of being with me, when he loved her so much.

From then i have kept my distance. Getting updates from my sister about how 'in love' they are. :cry: But last weekend i heard my sister talking to her hubby, about how Adam doesn't seem that happy anymore, and how possesive his girlfriend seems. I have a renewed sense of hope.

It's Bella's christening this weekend where i will see him again. Though his girlfriend is also invited :dohh:

But i just have this over whelming sense that we are meant to be together, and that eventually, we will be together. His girlfriend is just keeping him warm for me. I know that is such an awful thing to say, and if she makes him happy then yes, i want him to be happy. But if there is any chance they are not happy? If there is any chance we might be able to be together? I would jump at the chance!

I just want him so badly... every time i think of the perfect guy, or the guy i want to be with, i think of him! No other guy seems to hold a candle to him. I would be so good for him, i just know it! I know how well i would treat him, and i know i would get treated like a princess in return. I honestly think we are meant to be together. I just wish it was sooner rather than later!!

Sorry for the verrrry long story, and congrats if you managed to read all of it! Just feeling so loved up even if i haven't got him (yet!) :cloud9:

I was totally into that then, i was looking for the next Page button to turn the page and find the ending!
I hope it works out for you, and I look forward to reading your ending!!
You have a real talent for writing by the way, i forgot that i was reading a thread not a romance novel.

Wow what a lovely romantic story..........had a tear in my eye

Pls keep us updated xx

Oh and good luck x

Aww thanks ladies! I really hope there will be a happy ending...

oh what a lovely story!!! let us know what happens!!!

Wow, it looks like you've found your real love. All the best, hope it works out!

Aww that's absolutely lovely! I really hope you're right :) I bet it feels nice knowing there is still hope for love. I've given up completely but maybe I'll be surprised x

Oh it was so nice reading that! I actually felt like it was happening to me! You are a very good writer!

And i so hope it works out for you!!!!! You will have to let us know!!!

:hugs:

xx

Aww it sounds like there is definitely something strong there somewhere.
If its meant to be it will be.. Maybe he is just a bit cautious because its been here and there with you two.
Maybe if he is not happy this is the time he needs to breakaway! Love happens in the most strangest and most annoying ways possible.
For 14 weeks I thought I hate OH and every time he asked me how I felt I used to say I hate you I want nothing more to do with you and then that sunday out of the blue he sends a text asking how I feel and for the first time in them 14 weeks I admitted that I still loved him and understood he didnt so that would be it. To get a text back saying he felt the same and didnt know why I didnt say something sooner was shocking but it proves that things can happen in a split second that can change something forever... OH said that had I had not told him how i felt he would have walked away for good so maybe thats something lol.. fate??
Your young, live, be free, forgive and enjoy life.. Ask him one more time. Make it the last time you offer it and then that you will know whether or not its meant to be..

You seem to always find him and he seems to always find you.. At bad times but you always seem to get there! Maybe the one piece of the puzzle is not quite at the right angle. Give it a nudge lol..
:hugs: to you!

Awwwwwwww :D

I hope you get the boy! (even if they do have coodies)

xxxxx

aww hun!!!

i loved reading that and i really really really hope you get the guy and can have your sunset happy ending!!!

i personally would write to him or something saying how you will wait for him till say the end of the year and if he wants you then good if not then you can still be friends etc... that way he knows where he stands and it gives him plenty of time to sort out what he wants and lets him get it sorted and gives you both a bit of time so i wont end up looking like you stole him iygwim!

ooohhh im gonna be keeping a close eye on this thread to see if there are any updates!!!

His girlfriend is just keeping him warm for me. I know that is such an awful thing to say, and if she makes him happy then yes, i want him to be happy.

I'm sorry, I truly believe you deserve to be happy but this was not a nice, romantic story to read. Other peoples relationships should be left well alone. If they split up all by themselves, fine, but don't purposefully set out to steal him from her. You really don't know what goes on behind closed doors. I hope you find your own happiness with somebody, because there really is somebody out there for you, you just need to be patient. Bare in mind, he could be her 'somebody'. xx

I don't think BB is looking to break up their relationship. Maybe just in the back of her mind she is hoping that things don't work out for them? I don't think there is anything wrong with that :flower:

His girlfriend is just keeping him warm for me. I know that is such an awful thing to say, and if she makes him happy then yes, i want him to be happy.

I'm sorry, I truly believe you deserve to be happy but this was not a nice, romantic story to read. Other peoples relationships should be left well alone. If they split up all by themselves, fine, but don't purposefully set out to steal him from her. You really don't know what goes on behind closed doors. I hope you find your own happiness with somebody, because there really is somebody out there for you, you just need to be patient. Bare in mind, he could be her 'somebody'. xx

Where did i say i'm going to plot to break them up? Like i said, if he's happy with her, then i want him to be happy, which is why i'm leaving it alone. But the minute they are not together i'll be in there like a shot! Lol.

And i like to think it was a nice, romantic story to read. This story wasn't about how i plan to steal someones boyfriend. It was about me still believing in love, even after all i've gone through.

What i don't think is very nice is you coming into my thread and saying things like that. What a downer.

if she makes him happy then yes, i want him to be happy

From then i have kept my distance

Where did i say i'm going to plot to break them up? Like i said, if he's happy with her, then i want him to be happy, which is why i'm leaving it alone. But the minute they are not together i'll be in there like a shot! Lol.

And i like to think it was a nice, romantic story to read. This story wasn't about how i plan to steal someones boyfriend. It was about me still believing in love, even after all i've gone through.

What i don't think is very nice is you coming into my thread and saying things like that. What a downer.

I was perfectly polite to you, but no I don't agree with your attitude. How would you feel if that was your boyfriend/husband? It may very well be a 'downer' but such is life I'm sorry to say.

I was perfectly polite to you, but no I don't agree with your attitude. How would you feel if that was your boyfriend/husband? It may very well be a 'downer' but such is life I'm sorry to say.

You were not polite, you were patronising. Who puts kisses on a post where they have basically been saying you're a man-stealing bitch? Lol.

What are you even doing in this section, on my thread? Just to put a downer on all the single woman??
Get off my thread and don't come back until you have suffered heart-break then a renewed sense of hope. Then maybe you'll have the slightest idea what it's like be able to feel love again and feel hope again, after so long of being lost. Then when you do feel it, and post about it, i'm going to put a downer on your thread and see how you like it.

You were not polite, you were patronising. Who puts kisses on a post where they have basically been saying you're a man-stealing bitch? Lol.

What are you even doing in this section, on my thread? Just to put a downer on all the single woman??
Get off my thread and don't come back until you have suffered heart-break then a renewed sense of hope. Then maybe you'll have the slightest idea what it's like be able to feel love again and feel hope again, after so long of being lost. Then when you do feel it, and post about it, i'm going to put a downer on your thread and see how you like it.

Right, for a start, I will go anywhere I choose on this forum thank you very much and no I wasn't being patronising, I do genuinely believe that you deserve happiness but not with this man. He is with somebody else, so it's not 'love' as you describe it. You had your chance, leave him alone now. You're being extremely immature about this and with regards to the 'xx' on my initial post, if you look at the majority of my posts I have a habit of putting them on. I did not suggest you were 'a man-stealing bitch', I think you're being very over-dramatic and have completely overreacted. This is not a 'renewed sense of hope'; he's moved on, you should do the same, concentrate on making yourself happy with somebody else.
I may be putting 'a downer' on you, as a single woman, but you are asking if you have a chance with a man who is not single, hoping he may be unhappy enough to leave his girlfriend and you can what? Pick up the pieces? Despite your aggression towards me I do hope you meet somebody someday who will love and respect you and your daughter, but from my perspective; somebody in a committed, loving relationship, attitudes like yours make peoples relationships so fragile and it's frightening to think what damage can be caused.

I really can not believe you are telling me what i believe is love or not. What i believe is hope. I believe i do love him, and i do have hope that one day we will be together.

Whatever insecurities you have, don't put them on me. I'm not out to steal him, i'm waiting patiently, if it doesn't work out i will let him know i am there for him, if he's still not interested, then fair enough, i can begin to move on. But i believe we are meant to be together. His girlfriend is very young and off to university soon, so if they make it through all that and stay together, then good on them, maybe they are meant to be? But a long distance relationship with a large age gap is doubtful to work out long term, so i think i have every right to hold hope.

And 'attitudes like mine' should not make relationships fragile. If a couple are happy together then they shouldn't worry about outside influences. The only time it can become a worry is if someone is actively trying to split them up, which i am not. I don't even speak to him any more, only when i see him out and about, and when i do i treat him as any other person. I don't understand how this can cause any damage? For all he knows i've moved on and don't even think about him like that any more.

So basically, i think you should stop telling me what i do or do not believe, you know nothing about me or my relationships, or my feelings, you've just randomly come on here, put a complete downer on me, insulted me, patronised me and belittled me. So i hope you are very happy with yourself, so if you've set out to p*ss me off, then well done, mission completed. Now do you mind leaving me alone? Find someone else to pick on perhaps? Thanks very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->