Lovely ladies from WTT in April, now TTC!!!

That's awesome PinkDragonfly! I used to wanna be a midwife but decided I should have kids first and see if I like the experience lol. I think I'll try and get certified as a doula though in a year or so. Massage therapist goes well with that.

Yeah, if I'm honest, I'm not 100% sure I want to be a midwife anymore. I spent years thinking that I did and the original plan was to wait until after we had kids, but circumstances changed and I needed to get out of my previous job so I applied last year. Now I wonder if I was so keen to do it sooner than planned because I was so desperate to have a baby, which isn't the right reason to go into it at all.

I enjoy bits of the job, but not as much as I thought I would and the course is very demanding. I did very well at the beginning of the year, but my assignment grades have got steadily worse rather than better, mostly because I'm not putting as much effort in - I've been more focused on getting pregnant myself than studying!

Still, i love the antenatal and postnatal side of things, when we really get to look after ladies and it's a better job than I was doing before. Labour and delivery is scary though - having that much responsibility!

I used to want to originally get into massage therapy in order to work mostly on pregnant women...I have always loved the idea of pregnancy and having children and like, used to make my barbies have big bellies and then "go into labour" and all that jazz. Then in school we actually learned pregnancy massage and it wasn't so bad...but then we had pregnant clients and it is soooo hard on your back to do a pregnancy massage on someone who is like 8 months. 5 or 6 months isn't so bad, but anything more is just so hard to do in sidelying so I hate doing them. Lol.

That said, I am totally going to do exchanges throughout my pregnancy so that I get massaged lol. My co-workers aren't likely to get pregnant (the one has kids older than 5 and I think she's done, and the other just has a baby last year so maybe but not likely this soon). Just gotta get my BFP and get past the first tri and then I can be like "haha you have to do pregnancy massage"

Hahaha awesome. I'm jealous I want a massage lol :p

Well, ladies, my period finally came. So I had a 36 day cycle, which isn't too long in the grand scheme of things, I guess. Just hope this one plays nice and isn't longer!! I've had 3 cycles off the BCP pill now, so I've set up my clearblue monitor today and hopefully will have some luck with it. I'm worried that I'm not ovulating though. Since I don't temp and only go by cm and cervix changes, I haven't had any actual confirmation that I've ovulated and I'm pretty sure I have high prolactin levels (I produce small amounts of milk-like fluid from my nipples, which is a big giveaway that something is wrong!), which won't help. Have agreed with hubby that if my prolactin levels don't appear to have reduced by the time I finish my placement in August, I'm going to go to the dr about it because my body should have had time to adjust after the pill by then.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

8 DPO here....I simultaneously feel like I could be pregnant and also totally sure that I am not. I have no idea. I keep noticing possible symptoms and then getting all excited about them but then also realizing and keeping in mind that it might be because of other reasons (like yesterday was kinda nauseous in the evening, but I had eaten apple-rhubarb crisp and rhubarb can make you have nausea)...but then I was a bit nauseous tonight as well...

Ive been super horrible at taking temps again though...since I got confirmed ovulation I am like "meh whatever" but I should keep at it to see if it drops at all or keeps being high I suppose. Ugh. Such a hassle.

This morning in church there was a baptism, and in the extended family of the family having the baptism done there were 3 pregnant ladies, 2 of whom already had kids that looked no older than 2 or 3 and the kid being baptised's older brother was born last March....I was like "holy, that family is fertile."

In unrelated events, my pinky finger really hurts. I think I might have sprained it or at least strained it somehow.

@PinkDragonfly It sounds like you have a plan, which is good. Hopefully everything will turn out well for you this cycle.

@thestarsfall Ohh, it's almost testing time for you, then! How exciting!

Hope chazz and Rhi are doing fine.

AFM I had my first ultrasound today and everything looked great, saw the heart beating and everything! The baby was measuring a bit behind, but that was expected since my cycles are longer than 28 days. The baby measured at 9+5 and edd would be 15 January. :happydance:

Hey guys sorry I havnt been about have been moving house cramps and nausea have kicked in now but I'm doing good hope ur all well x

I'm afraid to start testing...lol. Part of it is that I don't wanna get a BFN, but then I also am afraid of a BFP and then having to endure this breast pain for god-knows how long lol. Or I am afraid that I won't get a BFP unti like crazy DPO and I'll be freaking out for a week and wasting so much money on tests. I have 3 left and I am hoping that's all I'll need.

Haha, so just told DH that I am afraid to test and he told me to wait until next week after my parents leave from visiting. That way a)I would know if I wasn't (AF is due for Sat I think), and b) it would be that I was actually late and easier to get a positive, and c) I wouldn't accidentally blurt it out at my parents lol.

I think I'll do that. So either AF comes or I am testing at 19 DPO ish. If I can make it that long. I might test Monday if AF doesn't show.

Good luck!! Hopefully you get your BFP!

Good Luck :)

I'm back after spending almost the entire week in bed ill :/ had one of them nasty stomach bugs and it knocked me for six.. haven't eaten a solid meal since Sunday evening. To say I am hungry would be an understatement ahaha

Ugh I think I'm out...just had some spotting and totally feel like AF is about to come. :(

@Rhi sorry to hear that you were ill. That's no fun!
@thestarsfall I hope the witch stays away from you and that you get your positive test!

Hope everyone else is doing ok...

I'm out...AF came today. So that sucks. I am glad it didn't show up yesterday though because I had an awful awful day yesterday...but today is okay and I have good weekend plans so I'll be okay and just deal with it. I am glad also that the soy ended up giving me a really clear fertile window and I actually ovulated and then had a 32 day cycle and not a 42 day cycle...so hopefully next cycle is my BFP cycle!

Sorry that you are out thestarsfall...hopefully next month is your month!

AFM I am... I think 9 or 10 dpo. I haven't really been thinking about much this month, which is nice! The last 2 days I have really felt like I was out for some reason. Not holding much hope but I also thought I was farther along than I am so who knows! No symptoms at all right now. Not going to test early so I'll know wed or Thurs when AF is due.

Not sure how many of us are actually left but are any other ladies getting ready to test soon?

Things I am changing up for this cycle:
-Taking soy days 3-7 instead of 5-9...hopefully I can get to ovulate earlier than CD 20 this time...maybe even get a normal 28 day cycle haha!
-Not going to be obsessed with temping as much. Now that I know I ovulate and that my nipple pain comes on the day I ovulate and the soy gave me like a whole week of fertile cm I think that's enough signs for me.
-Gonna try to lie still after BDing and going to try to get hubby on board with BDing every other day (he is too much of a nerd so he spends loads of time reading at the computer about car stuff and only comes to bed when he is dead tired and thus too tired to do anything...) this will be a challenge in July though...it's ugly hot here right now.
-Cut back on caffeine

*crosses fingers*
This would seriously be the best time for me in terms of announcing because I would be 10-12 weeks around my parent's birthdays and my bro in laws 40th and so it would be fun. Plus I am totally getting more comfortable with the idea of having a kid even though we don't have all our ducks 100% in a row because, I honestly don't think we'll ever have all our ducks 100% in a row.

i am still knocking about! been super busy with the house move.

I am also having a terrible time with sickness and cramps :(

Good luck with any testing that is coming up!

I a little afraid of what sorts of agencies are watching what I am searching and stuff...I just got a coupon in the mail for $3 off of a clearblue digital pregnancy test. My husband was like "did you sign up for this?" in a mocking tone. I totally didnt...Or at least have no memory of signing up for a coupon...lol. So now I feel like google is watching all my searches and it signed me up. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->