Low Carb Diet

J

Jade--x

Is anyone else on or thinking of going on a low carb diet?

I've decided with all the carbs I'm going to be eating over Christmas between then and now I'm (trying) to cut out all the high carb foods.

I have the will power of a coffee table though and I just know after 2 days I'm gonna want to crack! Anyone want to help and be my dieting buddy?

Someone who could help kick my ass to get motivated and go to the gym would be great too :dohh: :haha:

I did a low carb diet after riley was born, managed to lose 30lbs. I'm definitely dieting again before Christmas to get down to 7 1/2 stone from 8 st 3 as I know I'll put on a stone during it haha. I don't think I can handle low carb again! Haha. Good luck with your diet, hope you manage to stick to it,

As a tip, they say you need to get through the first three days to stop craving carbs.. Set yourself a three day goal. It definitely worked for me and got easier x

Thank you I'm the same I know I'm gonna put weight on and I'd rather lose it first and enjoy putting it on than be depressed losing it after :haha: I need to start making some more time for the gym, but it's just so hard! So I think some home exercise is in order too. Honestly I love my carbs too much I think I'll last a few days..A week at a push, but I'm gonna give it a go haha I've actually never been on a diet :S lol

I did after riley was born and lost 30lbs, felt so much better for it! Now a size 8-10 and happy with myself for the first time since I was 17. It's definitely worth it :). Low carb is hard, just try to substitute in things you like. I.e salads, tuna mayo... Any high protein is good. You can have really large portions of steak and veg, or asparagus and fish.. Chicken, cabbage and broccoli was a big one of mine :) I had egg mayo on lettuce leaves as a snack too. Soon as I hit my target weight I threw it down the drain and ordered a massive Chinese haha.

It was my first diet too, if you get through the first few days it becomes second nature. I found it easy to prepare mine and my ohs meals, and not be tempted by his horrible greasy things while I had nice fresh :D

Yeah I like veg and things like that which is what I'm stocking up on :haha: but I can't stand sauces, especially things like salad cream, mayo and tomato sauce..Actually thinking about them makes me feel queesy lol. I hate it when the boys have them because they do like them and I have to wash the plates afterwards I stand heaving - It's not nice lol.
I don't snack very much infact I'm really good in the day it's just at night I start snacking for the sake of it while I'm watching TV..If I cut that out I probably wouldn't even need to cut my carbs out or attempt a diet :haha:

Haha :) I'm not big on sauces either, can't stab mayo or ketchup etc. I do like mint sauce though, and it stopped the veg getting monotonous. Gravy also isn't too bad so long as you limit it, not loads of carbs! When're you starting?

I'm gonna start Tuesday hopefully I'm gonna have my last day of enjoying them tomorrow lol

so I actually don't think low carb diets are good. at all...your body needs carbs to function and if you are on it for along time its hard on your kidneys and can produce something called ketone acidosis.

I think calorie counting and eating whole grains and lean proteins is the way to go...its more feasible in real life situations and you can still eat the food you like, just less of it. I like weight watchers with the unlimited fruit. I lost about 88 lbs with that. :flower:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/402202-are-low-carb-diets-safe/

Kinda depends how long you're going to follow it for. You need to make sure you don't have a calorie deficit, eat plenty of fruit and veg/fat and protein.

I wouldn't follow it long term, but it did help me get down to my goal after having a child.

I don't plan on it being a long term thing :) it's just short term. Something I can use to lose weight quickly and then maintain my weight through the gym. I have been using the gym for over a year and not seen any results that way so I'd rather use it to maintain weight than lose it - not seeing any progress was meaning I didn't have any motivation to go :)

How's the diet going? I had a McDonald's last night, so naughty but it was more than worth it haha. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->