Low declining HCG.. was told miscarriage. Now HCG is rising **FINAL UPDATE PG.17**

I've just found this and going through something almost identical! I got BFP then started bleeding. Two weeks later tests still positive but v faint. Went to docs and had bloods - came back at 18 and told almost sure had lost it. 48 hrs later came back at 26... doctor is totally baffled and now they suspect ectopic and I have to go to hospital tomorrow for more bloods. I should be 6.5 weeks pregnant so clearly these levels are very low but she can't understand why they are that low and rising this late in the day.

I really wanna know what happens with you at your scan!

Hey hun my levels doubled throughout my ectopic (all the way past 10,000 right before my surgery) and I never had any real pain with it either. I very much hope this isn't the case for you and your next level/scan shows the baby where it should be:thumbup: If you do have more bleeding or any one sided pain be sure to get checked out straight away.

Sorry for the late update.

Not a whole lot right now. I had my ultrasound today and the uterus is still empty. Still a super thick lining but my right tube is dilated some. My doctor was in a delivery and they couldn't reach her. The triage nurse sent me home and told me not to eat or drink anything because I was probably having surgery for an ectopic and that it was too late for Methotrexate. Needless to say, I was freaking out.

I came home and my doctor ended up calling me about an hour later. She was pretty pissed that the nurse freaked me out so bad. She said ectopic is a possibility but she's not 100% convinced yet and wants to be absolutely sure so that there's no chance of killing a potentially healthy pregnancy. She said my dilation could just be because I have a cyst on my right ovary. She said if it is ectopic, I'm not close to rupture and will be fine until Friday which is the latest we'd treat it.

So for now what we did was I had another beta today and will get the results of that tomorrow. If they're going up then I'll have a repeat HCG on Wednesday and then an ultrasound on Thursday or Friday if they're up again. She said if there is a healthy pregnancy somehow then it would absolutely show a sac by Friday. If my numbers start dropping or staying the same then we will do the Methotrexate immediately. If I end up having another ultrasound and there is nothing there then she said she'd be confident enough at that point to do Methotrexate. So there is an end in sight. We will know by Friday what's going on. She just wants to be 100% certain before she does that since there have been cases of misdiagnosed ectopics.

Of course if I have any pain I'm supposed to call them ASAP. At first I really didn't want to do Methotrexate because it'd require a 4 month break from TTC. I could still do the biopsy if I wanted to see if it was in my uterus but at this point I'm too scared to risk rupture if it is ectopic but putting it off. I'm honestly pretty traumatized by everything and don't mind a 4 month break at this point.

I could not even imagine going through this Shilo. I am holding out SO much hope for you!! :hugs:

Sorry for the late update.

Not a whole lot right now. I had my ultrasound today and the uterus is still empty. Still a super thick lining but my right tube is dilated some. My doctor was in a delivery and they couldn't reach her. The triage nurse sent me home and told me not to eat or drink anything because I was probably having surgery for an ectopic and that it was too late for Methotrexate. Needless to say, I was freaking out.

I came home and my doctor ended up calling me about an hour later. She was pretty pissed that the nurse freaked me out so bad. She said ectopic is a possibility but she's not 100% convinced yet and wants to be absolutely sure so that there's no chance of killing a potentially healthy pregnancy. She said my dilation could just be because I have a cyst on my right ovary. She said if it is ectopic, I'm not close to rupture and will be fine until Friday which is the latest we'd treat it.

So for now what we did was I had another beta today and will get the results of that tomorrow. If they're going up then I'll have a repeat HCG on Wednesday and then an ultrasound on Thursday or Friday if they're up again. She said if there is a healthy pregnancy somehow then it would absolutely show a sac by Friday. If my numbers start dropping or staying the same then we will do the Methotrexate immediately. If I end up having another ultrasound and there is nothing there then she said she'd be confident enough at that point to do Methotrexate. So there is an end in sight. We will know by Friday what's going on. She just wants to be 100% certain before she does that since there have been cases of misdiagnosed ectopics.

Of course if I have any pain I'm supposed to call them ASAP. At first I really didn't want to do Methotrexate because it'd require a 4 month break from TTC. I could still do the biopsy if I wanted to see if it was in my uterus but at this point I'm too scared to risk rupture if it is ectopic but putting it off. I'm honestly pretty traumatized by everything and don't mind a 4 month break at this point.

Sorry,you are going through this.i had a suspected ectopic amd recieved methotrexate.i was allowed to conceive after two normal periods.first try worked and we now have a very healthy six month old.any questions please contact me.sorry for no caps.daughter cracked my screen :wacko:

Sorry your going through this. I really hope you get answers soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

im hoping for good news for you Shilo! FX you see a sac there or a little bubbs on thursday/friday :hugs: xx

I am so sorry you still don't have much of an answer... Hoping you know more. Very soon!!

Thank you everyone. My HCG yesterday was 515. Not exactly as high as it should be if it was doubling normally but enough for them to want to do a repeat HCG tomorrow. I also have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday at 8 AM. We'll cancel it if my HCG is dropping tomorrow. My HCG definitely doesn't seem normal and I'm 99% sure this will not end up being a viable pregnancy but I guess you never know. I just hope on Friday they can see something no matter where it is so that we atleast know for sure. The unknown of where the pregnancy is with my HCG still going up scares me. I should have time if it's ectopic but I kind of feel like a ticking time bomb not knowing for sure.

So my HCG has been:

5/5 - 20
5/7 - 22 | Doubling time - 349 hours
5/9 - 20.9 | Decline
5/11 - 41 | Doubling time - 46 hours
5/13 - 111 | Doubling time - 33 hours
5/15 - 227 | Doubling time - 46 hours
5/19 - 515 | Doubling time - 81 hours

I also had a beta on 5/17 but didn't include it because it wasn't a 48 hour difference. I went to the ER for some cramping and it was only 2 AM when I usually have my beta between 9 and 11 AM. It was at 296.

Wow shilo- I can't even imagine! You seem to be handling this a heck of a lot better than I would be! Good luck!

Well, when my HCG stayed in the 20s for a week, we were told we were miscarrying for sure and had a week to process it and accept it. That was a rough week. I am going into this expecting the worst instead of getting my hopes up. If it turns around then that's great. If it ends up being a miscarriage still then it's just back to where I was. I've had a few moments where I've cried about it but in general I'm doing okay. I imagine I'll take it harder when I actually start miscarrying if I do. For now I am just over the roller coaster and want answers. I've been too stressed to be sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->