Low hcg of 42 at 3 weeks :(

my hcg at over 4 weeks (4.5) was 59...

10 days later is was 10,000. all that matters is that it's doubling every 30-40 hours

This helped me with my personal situation. Thanks for sharing.

Op- I hope it all works out for you. Early pregnancy is really a rough time.

How is it going for you? Are you having any pregnancy symptoms? I want to believe its going to be ok for you. Hold your head up. You will have a lot of time to grieve should things not turn out the way we want them to. For now, stay strong :hugs:!

Yesterday after the doctor's message was so sad and spent the evening crying but today a little better...praying and trying hard to believe! Thanking you again for sharing those happy ending stories, will try to remain as positive as can be!:hugs:

For the symptoms, so far a little nauseous in the morning, tender br...st, much more bathrooms visits ;) lol

Sending all my positive vibes your way!! All of my limbs are crossed for you.

Update of the weekend: no sign of miscarriage(fingers crossed)...no cramp...no bleeding...
Going to the doctor today to get re-evaluated. Will keep you updated.

Thanks to everyone for giving me hope and encouraging me!:hugs:

Good luck at the appointment today hun :hugs:. I have everything crossed for you! I bet you will get good news!

Good luck! Hope it all works out.

Keep us posted...maybe consider seeing a different doctor too?

Just so you know, I don't know how far I am but I had my blood drawn on 2/10 around 10 AM and my level was 26!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN I had my second round 48 hours later, on 2/12 at 8:30 AM and my levels tripled to 78, so still pretty low but it tripled!

The only concerning part is it didn't go up...but I don't think your levels are low at all!

Dear all,
Came back from the doctor.
First it's snowing here and the lady doing the sonogram was absent.
Did more blood work and will have the result tomorrow.

The doctor talked to me (finally in person not voicemail) and told me that there is 3 possibilities.
1. I will miscarry naturally since last week my hcg was 42 and too low.
2. There will be a "procedure" to make it happen if its not natural
3. He will wait until thursday (after the sonogram) before opting for number 2 as he want to be a 100% sure.
I guess I will have to be more patient here and wait for further results :cry:

Wow I am so sorry you could not get an ultrasound. Is there a way you can go to your local emergency room and get one there? You can just lie to them and say you saw some spotting and just want to make sure everything is ok. That way they do the ultrasound for you right then and there. They can even tell you how far along you are. Of course the ultrasound tech can't tell you, but you will get to see the doctor who will.

That doctor is really morbid, I mean he is probably being honest based on his own beliefs but how insensitive.

Wow I am so sorry you could not get an ultrasound. Is there a way you can go to your local emergency room and get one there? You can just lie to them and say you saw some spotting and just want to make sure everything is ok. That way they do the ultrasound for you right then and there. They can even tell you how far along you are. Of course the ultrasound tech can't tell you, but you will get to see the doctor who will.

That doctor is really morbid, I mean he is probably being honest based on his own beliefs but how insensitive.

Thank you for the advice.It was a long and dangerous ride to the doc ( snowing and bad roads here) but I didn't want to cancel. I think Im doing what you advised me tomorrow unless I can convince hubby to take me out again one more time.

What kind of doc can't do an ultrasound hisself?

I never saw an U/S tech when I was pregnant with my son, my doctor did all the ultrasounds herself. I would've demanded one while I was there.

So sorry you have to wait. When will the bloods be back? Did you ask to run them STAT?

What kind of doc can't do an ultrasound hisself?

I never saw an U/S tech when I was pregnant with my son, my doctor did all the ultrasounds herself. I would've demanded one while I was there.

So sorry you have to wait. When will the bloods be back? Did you ask to run them STAT?

Tomorrow for blood test. I honestly think they were rushing to close because of the snow as the office called 3 times since this morning to make sure I was coming as they were closing early.
I also thought the doc would do the ultrasound himself.

Sorry you are having to wait. In all honesty, the ultrasound would have probably been useless at this point as you won't see anything on it until beta hcg is over 2000, some say higher and some say 1500. My OB won't do them until beta is a certain level. Once you get your level back tomorrow, that should tell you more. Hopefully it will be a nice big increase! I know waiting and being in limbo is awful. I've had 3 miscarriages and 2 chemicals and have been in the place you are right now, and I'm just really sorry anyone has to go thru this. Fingers crossed for you that you get wonderful news tomorrow.

I think this sounds way too soon to do any kind of medical intervention! You're only 3/4 weeks!! Don't stress I have a feeling all will be OK :hugs:

Dear Ladies,
I got the blood work result today and according to the doctor its not looking promising...so my hcg went from 42 to 73 (with a good progesterone though) he said the HCG is not good at all as it should have been higher. (at least double)
Thursday we will have the sonogram and I am hoping for more answers. Right now my feelings is like a rollercoaster...I don't know what to think anymore.
Today its also my 4th week.

Dear Ladies,
I got the blood work result today and according to the doctor its not looking promising...so my hcg went from 42 to 73 (with a good progesterone though) he said the HCG is not good at all as it should have been higher. (at least double)
Thursday we will have the sonogram and I am hoping for more answers. Right now my feelings is like a rollercoaster...I don't know what to think anymore.
Today its also my 4th week.

How far apart were the blood draws Hun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back