Low hcg of 42 at 3 weeks :(

Dear Ladies,
I got the blood work result today and according to the doctor its not looking promising...so my hcg went from 42 to 73 (with a good progesterone though) he said the HCG is not good at all as it should have been higher. (at least double)
Thursday we will have the sonogram and I am hoping for more answers. Right now my feelings is like a rollercoaster...I don't know what to think anymore.
Today its also my 4th week.

How far apart were the blood draws Hun?

Last Thursday and yesterday!

Statistically that's not the norm and hopefully it picks up. When I was searching threads about abnormal hcg numbers there were some exceptions though and I hope you get more answers at your scan.

Your doubling time is only 120.38 hours. I would do a google search for slow HCG doubling times and see what others have experienced. Good luck.

This is probably my last message in this group...I wanted to give you a last update.
Did the transvaginal exam today and the GS was there but it was empty...my progesterone level is going down too...so a miscarriage is expected.
Of course I am sad and disappointed but at least I had some answers today...and I can better prepare myself mentally and emotionally for what is happening.

Again many thanks to everyone of you for your messages of encouragement, your hugs, your good lucks, your advices :hugs:

I hope with all my heart that I will be back in this group in some months since then TAKE CARE everyone! :hugs:

So sorry to hear this Sky :cry:.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I'm sorry you received such awful news today. It's heartbreaking. Are they sure though? From your dates it sounds like you're pretty early and maybe it's not yet time to see a baby? Can they put you on progesterone supplement and see if your hCG continues to rise?

I'm sorry you received such awful news today. It's heartbreaking. Are they sure though? From your dates it sounds like you're pretty early and maybe it's not yet time to see a baby? Can they put you on progesterone supplement and see if your hCG continues to rise?

We did 3 blood tests, the time between two of them was 120 hours and my hcg only rise from 42 to 73...and the progesterone went from 25 to 15.

I got an HCG test yesterday from an outside lab and I think I'm going to miscarry. My HCG was 2002 21dpo and 4701 27dpo (yesterday) that's a doubling time of 116 hours. Not good. Oh I feel sad but I think I knew. My estrogen and progesterone had been having some issues. I've called the doctor and I'm just waiting to hear back. :cry:

I got an HCG test yesterday from an outside lab and I think I'm going to miscarry. My HCG was 2002 21dpo and 4701 27dpo (yesterday) that's a doubling time of 116 hours. Not good. Oh I feel sad but I think I knew. My estrogen and progesterone had been having some issues. I've called the doctor and I'm just waiting to hear back. :cry:

Oh no :cry:. I really hope everything is ok :hugs:.

So the doctor called and said they were still happy with the number but want me to come on for another round of blood work Tuesday. I still don't feel great about it until I see the HCG still increasing. I'm on the fence and scared to get excited.

So the doctor called and said they were still happy with the number but want me to come on for another round of blood work Tuesday. I still don't feel great about it until I see the HCG still increasing. I'm on the fence and scared to get excited.

That's great news! :)

Doctor's are pretty morbid by nature, so if their happy with it then I say get excited!

Hang in there! If the doctor is not worried just try to release the pressure a little until Tuesday! I know its stressful but I hope you have even more wonderful news on Tuesday :hugs:

Thank you ladies. I am so thankful to have people to talk to that just get it. Everyone else says get off the internet. This is where people are that understand because they are going thru it too. Anyway thanks! I'll let you know what happens Tuesday. It bugs me when people don't get back and update. Lol I'm always left hanging.

With my daughter, my hCG at 3 weeks was only 54 & my doctor told me I didn't have a viable pregnancy. Well now, I have a VERY VIABLE 11 month old! FX for you!

After 1,200 hcg can take a lot longer to double. It's always so frustrating to read accounts of doctors telling women their pregnancies are in trouble when they don't double past 1,200 when they shouldn't! Also results from different labs can vary as I found out with dd. I was being monitored for an ectopic and had to have levels done at another lab out of town and it looked like my levels barely rose. Turns out unless they are from the same lab/equipment the results can vary quite a bit. Hang in there and Google doubling times of hcg over 1,200 :)

Still waiting for the results.....Had my blood drawn at 9:15 this morning. I feel awful which I consider to be excellent. My nausea has been terrible for the past two days and headaches galore.....I always say that if I feel crappy the baby must be great!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->