Low supply in the evenings?

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this? From about 5/6pm LO will cluster feed constantly to get himself to sleep however I can feel that he's barely getting any milk as I only have the odd let down and when I have pumped in the evenings I really struggle just to get an ounce! I'm thinking that this is why he's still getting up 2-3 times a night (he's 3 months old). Any tips? Xx

Sounds pretty normal. You typically produce less volume in the evenings, but heavier fat content. My girls always cluster fed in the evenings and woke up every 2-3 hours to nurse at night until they started solids at 6 mo. Sounds like you're doing the right thing in just letting him cluster feed.

Very normal. Research is sparse and inconclusive but it seems to be that letdown is more inhibited in the evening. It is very normal for a 3 month old to be waking at night for food. Even when the need for nutrition isn't as strong, waking for comfort still occurs in a lot of babies/toddlers.

Thanks girls!
Yes I often think he wakes in the night mainly for comfort and he suckles only the slightest bit of milk and goes straight back to sleep! He's only little once so I'm going to enjoy it! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->