Lucky thread

Aw good I'm glad it's all getting there with the house! Must be a relief to see it all coming together! How's the water now? Not still green is it??

I'm ok, just been finding this pregnancy really hard. I just honestly feel like I want to sleep and rest all the time which is of course impossible!! Df keeps saying stuff like "go to bed earlier" or "why don't you nap when Emilia does" but if I go to bed earlier I just lie there awake and Emilia doesn't nap long enough for me to fall asleep lol! Plus I have to admit I'm feeling a bit lonely. I know a lot of it's hormones but it's so hard sometimes not to feel low!
Although I am very excited about this little bundle being a boy and looking forward to the 4d scan!
I'm actually considering cutting down my work hours now coz I work mainly evenings when Emilia's asleep and I could be resting rather than working lol!

Aww you'll love getting all the clothes together mrs d, have you bought many yet? I really loved washing them all and hanging them to dry last time. I have to admit there were a few of Emilia's newborn things I couldn't part with!
It's a shame I couldn't have sent them to you mrs d, there was an abundance of pink though coz I've kept any gender neutral ones of course!

Yeah water still green and my hair is getting greener each time I wash it :/ mains should be in next week though yay

Aw hun I feel for you I really can, I can't imagine doing this with a baby, the lack of sleep is killing me but I suppose it's natures way of preparing me for when baby arrives.

Are you doing too much? Looking after emilia during the day and then working all night, I'm not surprised you are shattered. At least when df comes home after working all day he is only looking after her while she's in bed, no feeding or entertaining required, far less tiring

When is your scan? I've managed to wangle another one in 3 weeks time yay

Aw sorry you feel a bit lonely I suppose you have now moved further away from family :(

I haven't really bought many clothes for baby as I keep being given hand me downs from friends that are practically brand new, just a few bits I couldn't resist back in the January sales. I saw you went shopping today, did you buy anything nice? Your baby stuff you are selling looks lovely, I'm sure you'll sell it all soon which will give you extra pennies xx

Oh god I don't know how you've managed with that green water!!

Aw yeah there's nothing wrong with hand me downs at all coz sometimes they grow out of clothes so quickly! What I am doing is selling her smaller clothes so I can buy a bundle of 12-18 month ones. I did buy her some new shoes today though although why I don't know coz she doesn't keep them on for long!

I know, half the stuff has still got labels in as their babies have grown before they got to wear it.

Aw new shoes, cute. How is her walking coming along?

Is your next scan at 27 weeks?

Ooh I forgot to say I had to commit to maternity leave today so I'm on ml as of 14th March yay

She's funny mrs d coz she'll throw herself off the sofa and bed, but try and get her to stand without holding onto something and she's terrified lol! She'll walk with her walker or with someone holding her hands but is yet to find the confidence to do it alone! Every now and again I can get her to stand unaided but she looks at me like "mummy hold onto me" and starts to sit down so she doesn't fall lol. So we've still not bought her any proper shoes coz it could still be ages before she gets it lol!

Yeah my scan is 27 weeks, I'm looking forward to it but unsure whether we can really afford it. Df really really needs to get on with his driving coz otherwise we are gonna be screwed coz at the mo his boss picks him up 4 days a week and I have to run him and pick him up the other day (which is a pain enough!) but his boss is moving in above the restaurant coz there's a flat. He needs to be able to drive himself! So I just keep thinking maybe that £80 would be better spent on his driving, confused!!

Yay for mat leave starting soon!! Are you ready for it now? I'm either finishing at 35 weeks but cutting my hours down til then, or finishing at 32 weeks. I think it's gonna depend what happens with df's work when I go, coz they want him to change days off at the mo which again is a bloody pain!

How many weeks do you have left then? Is it just 3?

Aw she'll get there, the hard bottom of her new shoes might help :)

If you cancel your private one will you have anymore nhs ones, or would that be it until he arrives?

What a bummer about df losing his lift, I suppose you haven't had your licence long enough to b able to take him out for extra lessons :( it's tough being on ml money wise, we are just calculating how much we are going to have to spend each month aaaargh too much to do on the house really for me to be on ml :(

Oh no I thought his new job was going to be much better, I can't believe they are chopping and changing his days off already :(

Our government mat pay says you have to go on mat leave between 11 and 6 weeks before the week baby is due otherwise you don't get the 'before' pay as it's assumed that you are carrying on working so I'm going at 6 weeks before, that's in 2 weeks. I would have preferred to keep working and earning proper money for longer but I'm sure in a couple of weeks I'll be glad of the time off

How is Emilia? Any better today?

Hey mrs d sorry I didn't reply, having a few tough days! How are you? How long til ML now? Strange how you have to go on it before 34 weeks! Although I've now decided to go at 32 weeks coz I'm just tiring myself out having Emilia all day then working 3 evenings a week.

Aw she'll get there, the hard bottom of her new shoes might help :)

If you cancel your private one will you have anymore nhs ones, or would that be it until he arrives?

What a bummer about df losing his lift, I suppose you haven't had your licence long enough to b able to take him out for extra lessons :( it's tough being on ml money wise, we are just calculating how much we are going to have to spend each month aaaargh too much to do on the house really for me to be on ml :(

Oh no I thought his new job was going to be much better, I can't believe they are chopping and changing his days off already :(

Our government mat pay says you have to go on mat leave between 11 and 6 weeks before the week baby is due otherwise you don't get the 'before' pay as it's assumed that you are carrying on working so I'm going at 6 weeks before, that's in 2 weeks. I would have preferred to keep working and earning proper money for longer but I'm sure in a couple of weeks I'll be glad of the time off

How is Emilia? Any better today?

MrsD, woohoo for mat leave soon!!! :happydance:

Aw bailey :hugs: I can tell all is not good with you at the moment :( you aren't your normal cheery chatty self :( I hope you are ok xxx

2 days of work left whoo hoo

Ttc a week left til testing yay

Aw bailey :hugs: I can tell all is not good with you at the moment :( you aren't your normal cheery chatty self :( I hope you are ok xxx

2 days of work left whoo hoo

Ttc a week left til testing yay

Yep, Wednesday will be here before I know it! :happydance:

Im excited for you ttc, I've really got everything crossed for you that this is it :happydance: xx

5 days! Can't wait for you to test! I feel so good... about this cycle! Eeeek!!

Since when has this thread, been so quiet. Nothing to even stalk. Hope everyone is doing well.

Weird isn't it? I've been super busy lately so not really been on bnb much. How is everyone?

It's been forever since I posted here, and I'm going to apologize to everyone still waiting for their rainbow babies because I have my beautiful Emily... But...

My god I still miss my Sadie (the baby we miscarried) sometimes... I imagine our family with both girls... I feel like she is Emily's sister even though I only carried her a short while... I don't think my husband feels the same way. I think she watches out for Emily... She comes to us as ladybugs and butterflies and I swear their souls touched and Emily knows her sister. She's a part of my heart and sometimes, randomly, I ache for her.

I feel stupid and weak and selfish... I have a beautiful daughter, I should just "get over it" but sometimes I'm just. Not over it and I miss her.

Definitely don't feel selfish or apologize. I too, miss the baby I lost. I'm sorry hun. :hugs:

Aw Amy I'm sorry Hun I didn't see that you had posted in here. And of course it's not selfish or wrong, I often wonder if Emilia would have an older sister but think that she has a guardian angel instead. Of course you are still allowed to feel sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->