Luna vs City Mini - help!!!

becstar

Sleep is for the weak
Reaction score
We're looking for a pushchair to use for La now (she still uses it sometimes and it helps get her to nap on days she refuses to) and to keep for when we have the next one (if we are lucky enough to).

So, it needs to:

- be easy to steer (our old ones are shockingly poor and a buggar to push round corners)
- look good (I know it's not vital but we've never bought a new one so we'd like it to be pleasing on the eye!)
- be comfortable for La now but also for a newborn (even if this means a carrycot attachment)

We loved the Luna at first in the shop, but the seat is so shallow that it almost looks as if Ilana is strapped to a board standing up! Also, I've read reports about them tipping up? We'd be getting the 4 wheels if that makes a difference. We didn't love the harness on our old M+Ps buggy but the new Luna has a fixed harness so that helps.

I don't LOVE the City Mini to look at etc but it's so easy to fold and it seemed to handle well. I had sworn off 3 wheelers after my hated Quinny Buzz though - is that silly? Also, we could get the Luna for £185 at the mo plus £35 for the carrycot, but the City Mini is £175 but then £100+ for the carrycot!

Any thoughts ladies?

ive got the Luna mix, it's never tipped, easy to steer, lightweight and looks a million times better than the city mini IMO. liners/headhuggers make them look cosier. ihe personally prefer the 3 wheeler to the 4 wheeler x

ive got the Luna mix, it's never tipped, easy to steer, lightweight and looks a million times better than the city mini IMO. liners/headhuggers make them look cosier. ihe personally prefer the 3 wheeler to the 4 wheeler x

WSS!

Except I have the 4 wheeler ! xx

We've got the luna mix also, we love it. It's so easy to use. Our has been up cliffs and over sandy beaches. It's just so good! Ours has never tipped either. The three wheeler is great around corners and turning around in shops!

Do you find the seat shallow though? It seems really shallow when upright. Thanks. x

Can't say i've noticed it being shallow. Jacob always seems very comfy in it. He either sits up holding onto the handle bar scanning around or slumps back with his legs dangled off the seat chillaxing :haha:. He loves it!

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/215340_10150218153529042_724159041_8424762_1130216_n.jpg :lol:

Do you have the floating straps on it? The new one has fixed straps but not sure if actually maybe the floating ones are better for looking around etc?

We do have the floating ones and they were a pain in the arse to begin with. We've gotten used to them now though :)

WSS!

Except I have the 4 wheeler ! xx

Agree too. I have the 4 wheel Luna and wouldn't swap it for any other pushchair. The seat is wide and comfy, it's very easy to push, even 1 handed, spacious basket and only ever tips over when Ellis climbs out!

Do you have the floating straps on it? The new one has fixed straps but not sure if actually maybe the floating ones are better for looking around etc?

Ours does, some don't like it but when you have a noisy toddler like mine he can sit forward and watch the world like in Dani's pick. I also have not found the seat shallow and like that it's wider than your standard buggy as it will see us out till he no longer requires it.

We also have the luna 4 wheeled..I love it. My LO is a big Baby (29lbs and way tall) and looked squashed into so many prams I have had/tried but he has loads of room in the luna. We have the freedom harness and he also loves to be bale to move and look around. The closest we have come to tipping is if he is asleep and the seat is reclined and we have a changing bag on the handles the weight is too much and it would easily tip over..so we have to take the bag off when seat is reclined..

Im making the vote for the City Jogger Mini, I got it to replace my Silver Cross 3d. I think its fab as its lightweight and super-easy to fold, you can do it one-handed and is light enough to carry folded too. Its easy to steer, even with one hand. It also lays flat and has lots of storage space underneath it. Sure, its not the prettiest out there, but I didnt buy it to look good or care about any accessories/liners/bags that go with it.
:flower:

Im making the vote for the City Jogger Mini, I got it to replace my Silver Cross 3d. I think its fab as its lightweight and super-easy to fold, you can do it one-handed and is light enough to carry folded too. Its easy to steer, even with one hand. It also lays flat and has lots of storage space underneath it. Sure, its not the prettiest out there, but I didnt buy it to look good or care about any accessories/liners/bags that go with it.
:flower:

This! Also, I think it looks fine! Also the hood comes riiiight over which is great for when its sunny or when they are sleeping! :)

I had the older model of the luna and i actually couldnt fit it in my car boot, in honesty the baby jogger is a tight fit but it is a little less bulky, a lot lighter too. The jogger feels a lot more 'glidey' than the luna imo :)

We're looking for a pushchair to use for La now (she still uses it sometimes and it helps get her to nap on days she refuses to) and to keep for when we have the next one (if we are lucky enough to).

So, it needs to:

- be easy to steer (our old ones are shockingly poor and a buggar to push round corners)
- look good (I know it's not vital but we've never bought a new one so we'd like it to be pleasing on the eye!)
- be comfortable for La now but also for a newborn (even if this means a carrycot attachment)

We loved the Luna at first in the shop, but the seat is so shallow that it almost looks as if Ilana is strapped to a board standing up! Also, I've read reports about them tipping up? We'd be getting the 4 wheels if that makes a difference. We didn't love the harness on our old M+Ps buggy but the new Luna has a fixed harness so that helps.

I don't LOVE the City Mini to look at etc but it's so easy to fold and it seemed to handle well. I had sworn off 3 wheelers after my hated Quinny Buzz though - is that silly? Also, we could get the Luna for £185 at the mo plus £35 for the carrycot, but the City Mini is £175 but then £100+ for the carrycot!

Any thoughts ladies?

If you go for the Luna in cress green it's £125 on the m+p website xx

I've had both these buggies, loved the baby jogger, soooo easy to fold and push, agreed the colours leave a little to the imagination but its very practical.

Ive now got the Luna Mix with the floating harness, it looks much comfier, we have a fluffy buggy snuggle in it and sometimes I wish I could fit in it with her :haha:

I dont like the floating harness on the Luna much, can never get it to stay on her shoulders, its always round her elbows :dohh:

The Luna is quite difficult to collapse and heavy. It takes up all my boot space, where the Baby Jogger is all one handed and very light.

Ill stick with my Luna now as Lyla wont need buggy for that much longer and its already my 7th buggy :dohh: But I wish I'd never gotten rid of my Baby Jogger.

I used to work in a baby superstore selling pushchairs all day long, Baby Joggers sold sooo well, but yet there not as common on the streets as the Luna??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->