M&S Christmas Food - anyone tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leash27

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Just browsing all the yummy looking Christmas food from M&S and considering maybe ordering from there this year. I have tried it before a couple of years ago (I wasn't cooking) and it was lovely but have never done it myself.

Does anyone else use them? I do quite like the idea of just placing my order and collecting it on Christmas Eve all prepared and ready to just put in the oven on the big day. We have 6 for dinner this year and it would be nice to have time spend with family and play with the children rather than being in an out the kitchen all day.

More time for a few glasses of Prosecco too :happydance:

X

Yes we've done it a few times, everything has always been lovely and it's great to have everything in foil trays so you can just throw them away! The pate starter is yummy.

Is the catalogue out now for the food? Never tried it but thinking of this year!

It's online now!

I have decided to do it, I just couldn't resist because it all looked so damn delicious my mouth was watering lol. All the afternoon and evening collection slots on Christmas Eve had already gone so have booked 8am to avoid the last minute Christmas crowds.

Have chosen the pate starter so good to know it is as good as it looks! Also went for two meats as I really want gammon but you can't have christmas dinner without a turkey.

I'm hungry now....

X

I've ordered various things over the years and they've always been lovely.

When the order catalogue comes out instore there is usually an incentive for placing your order early ie if your order total is £50/£60 you get a free bottle of wine.

Plus you only out down a £20 deposit and pay the rest she. You collect your order:flower:

We have done it the last 3 years and I highly recommend it! So much easier and less time slaving in the kitchen.....food absolutely gorgeous!
Specially the picked cabbage nom nom xxx

Could not cope without M&S at Christmas, takes all the hassle out of Christmas.

I've ordered various things over the years and they've always been lovely.

When the order catalogue comes out instore there is usually an incentive for placing your order early ie if your order total is £50/£60 you get a free bottle of wine.

Plus you only out down a £20 deposit and pay the rest she. You collect your order:flower:

Yes they have that incentive now, think it was a bottle of wine for spending over £70.

X

We have used M&S for the last 3 years and love it! It makes everything so much easier just popping their Xmas Eve and picking it all up. Saves me battling the shops with 2 kids and also the stress of things not being in stock (we only have 2 small supermakets nearby and I don't drive).

Thanks for reminding me to get my ass in gear and get my order in asap. Want the free wine :)

Yep i always use m&s for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Were so busy at work I don't have time to cook as well.

Always use it, also helps that work give us £30 m&s gift cards so that pays for the turkey! Makes life so much easier!!

We use m&s mainly too. They have everything at the same temperature to cook!

We generally use waitrose but have been browsing M&S - looks yum! Any service where you can have everything ready to pick up 1 or 2 days beforehand then just bung in the oven is fab and makes for a nice easy christmas :D

Looks lovely, but seems really expensive. Something to think about if I end up having to work a shift on Christmas day though.

It does seem very expensive! I do not think I would pay for all that even if we had the money lol

Is it something you could reasonably order just for two people? Or is everything for more people?

I don't think its expensive at all :shrug: I'd end up spending way more money buying all the ingredients, not to mention the time making it all!

I think some of it is on the expensive side but I always buy the turkey gravy because it is delicious and I would pay premium for that. Things like the pigs in blankets at £15 it a bit steep for me, so will avoid some items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"