MACA Pregnancy and Baby Buddies!

You look amazing! What a lovely pic x

Aw you look amazing! I'll ad you on fb when I'm on my comp, can't do it from my phone...

X x x

Yeah definitely will be nice to add you on facebook. And thanks for the lovely comments.

So how are you all doing?

Wow, Yazzy! You're almost at your due date. How are you feeling? I struggled with the last few weeks, although ended up 10 days overdue which I do found tough. I'm guessing you're happy it's not been a hot Spring so far! I'll add you on facebook too when on computer not phone. Xx Ps we're ok. Kia's nearly over her cold which is a relief. Feeling tired today as I didn't sleep well although Kia sleeps about 10 hours a night at the moment which is amazing!

Hey Leeze, currently in slow labour! Started getting more uncomfortable braxton hicks on Sunday afternoon every 20 mins then by 2/3am Monday morning I was getting the start of contractions every 10 minutes and this has continued since but getting more painful. All I can say is I am shattered as I have not been able to sleep through it. Last night I had an hour of contractions every 5 minutes and was about to wake the OH up to go into hospital and then they spread out to every 10 mins again!! The labour ward midwives have been lovely when I phoned, they said if my waters go then phone and head in or if the contractions stay every 5 mins then again phone and go in. Also they said if I want to go up and get checked out at any point then that is absolutely fine....so I guess I just wait it out....ouchy is all I can say!!

Sorry for the long labor Yazzy, but yay that ur bean is on its way (much bigger than a bean now, huh!)

Girls...this morning my yellow bump turned pink! My beautiful princess Lola Mae Roberts was born at 6.52am weighing 6lb 1oz...I just cannot stop staring at her, she is latching on and feeding like a pro already! So much love for my little bundle.

Had a very straight forward labour, went from 5cm to fully dilated within about 1 hour and Lola was born very easily. She had the cord all wrapped around her and was very purple. She was given oxygen to get her going but soon pinked up and was given back for cuddles.

Wow. Congratulations Yazzy and welcome to the world little Lola. Beautiful name. Really pleased for you that the birth was fairly straight-forward. How lovely she's breastfeeding well too. It's amazing when that happens, isn't it? They're so smart little tiny new babies! Enjoy every precious minute with lovely Lola! What an amazing last few weeks its been for you. Big hugs. So much excitement ahead xx

Oh my gosh I can't believe I missed it! She was bang on time! Congratulations! So pleased you had a great labour and she's feeding well! Can't wait to see a photo, have added you on fb so hopefully you'll be posting pics there!

Love the name Lola too xx

Thank you everyone, getting a few more minutes to look on here now because my milk has come in and it must be filling Lola up more. I know sbb and leeze are pro's at bf so just wondered if at the start your nipples were sore? Mine are so painful, Lola seems to be latching on great and eats plenty but I'm finding it a bit painful..I have a visit from the midwife tomorrow so will ask her aswell but was thinking maybe they just need to toughen up?!

Apart from that I am so in love with my little girl...I now understand the unconditional love everyone tells you about! My little princess xxx

That's great your milk is coming in, hon and I know what you mean about being in love with your LO! I think I've been really lucky with the BF and didn't really get sore nipples. Occasionally they'd be a bit tender when she first latched on but otherwise were ok. Good idea to chat with health visitor about it though x

Thanks leeze, had the midwife appointment today and she agreed the tenderness is most likely because I had a good day or so of hourly feeds. Lola was weighed and only lost 1oz from her birth weight so she's definitely eating like a trouper! She has also managed to wee on me twice today when I was changing her lol!

That makes sense. I remember the days of hourly feeds. And cluster feeding too. I suggest getting some good books or dvds especially for those night feeds. That's great she's feeding well and has only lost a tiny bit of weight. Weeing on you twice in one day is quite an achievement. You don't mind so much when it's your lovely little baby's wee though, do you? How's your OH taken to fatherhood? My OH did a lot of the nappies in the early days, I think given the feeding was all my responsibility he was happy to do most of the nappies! X

Hey Yazzy! Great to hear she's doing so well weight wise and feeding. I would double check she doesn't have a tongue tie, it can cause real pain (I was in agony) and it's very very easy to sort if she does. I had no idea how common it was...

This shows you what to look for, https://www.tonguetie.co.uk/ and have a look yourself as 4 midwives missed Sammuels TT!!

Other than that it may just be her feeding a lot. If it continues or gets worse, definitely get some help, don't just suffer. La Leche League are fantastic and can offer support over the phone or probably have meetings in your area too...

PM me on facebook if you want any more info - I don't come on here much but will try to more... xx

Thanks leeze and sbb. Will check for tongue tie but she can stick her tongue out quite far so it might just be where she fed so much. I will read up a bit about bf as I haven't so far and just go along with what she does.

Tiredness has hit me today and was feeling a bit down but managed to get just under 2 hours sleep this afternoon and now I'm chilling in bed with Lola.

Leeze the OH has been fab with Lola..he is besotted with her and was a very proud daddy pushing her in her pram earlier. He does do a lot of the nappies and basically anything he can help with. I think he feels bad that he can't help more at night and he does manage to sleep quite well lol. He has been great and very supportive.

I'm off to read up about cluster feeding etc now!

How's it all going, yazzy? Lola is so adorable! And SBB, not long to go now. How are you feeling about having 2 under 2? Kia's got her first 2 teeth, which are very cute but have meant she's not been her usual happy self the last couple of weeks. I had a few days of serious sleep deprivation again. Ugh. I'd forgotten how horrible it is! Xx

can any one help i forgot and need to know if u can take macca after ovulation please? ty ladies xx

Posting a pic for you ladies, this is at 22 weeks.
https://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq340/khaiyat/Baby/IMG_0026.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->