Macys Ad is driving me INSANE!!!

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
I dont even click on the Macys ad (at the top of the page) and then it brings a huge pop-up for it. Then i click the X and it sends me to macys.com I have even scrolled down and clicked on something else BnB related and when i click that it sends me to macys.com. :grr: this is becoming quite irritating. Is there anything that can be done? This has happened in the past.

I have the same issue...it and estee lauder make up ad.

^yeah that one too ...so annoying! :wacko: glad my computer isn't the only one going crazy lol

Lol same here. Just new today and its driving me bonkers

Will bring this back up again for you :argh:.

I can't see it so it must be a US ad ...

:D

This is the WORST AD EVER... and I hate to say it, but I may quit using this forum if the ad isn't disposed of. It really is making me quite ANGRY at BnB! I feel that because it pops up when I am clicking on something on BnB that it is a blatant attempt to increase clicks to increase revenue. I know, I know. I'm being very cynical, but that ad has GOT TO GO! :hissy::devil:](*,):x

Maybe it is a US ad since just we alone are having the problems. But HItTheJackpot...still be encouraged to come cause the wealth of info and support here is far better than the ads we see. Give Admin a chance to work it out ...cool? :)

You are absolutely right.. I was just fired up. I had JUST taken my hpt at 13 dpo gotten a BFN and then after clicking and being sent to the ad 5 times in a row, I posted... soooo, thanks for the perspective. I'm not going anywhere now that I have taken a breath. I was more upset about the BFN than the ad I think.

OK HTJ...bit hugs to you. DOn't stress you will get your BFP soon.:hugs:

I believe this ad is only on the front page (open to be corrected) and is only on a roll-over if your point is at the top/side of the page and not on the forum sections tto which if it does open there should be a close option ...

Please let me know if this is incorrect and help me help you by providing information on how this ad is disrupting your forum membership and even a screen shot.

:D

hitthejackpot, I have no control over the ads so talking to me like that really gets you nowhere however I am here to be your voice and will raise this again. Princesspreg is right the supporting community is more valuable ... understandable your a little upset right now though.

This is the WORST AD EVER... and I hate to say it, but I may quit using this forum if the ad isn't disposed of. It really is making me quite ANGRY at BnB! I feel that because it pops up when I am clicking on something on BnB that it is a blatant attempt to increase clicks to increase revenue. I know, I know. ... that ad has GOT TO GO! :hissy::devil:](*,):x

Agree! I would not doubt this for one second and that was also my thought! It would not be unlike the US to do such a thing :wacko: my husband used to run a sight and he said the guys with ads who get clicks to their website make a certain amount of money per click...pretty sure thats the propaganda with these ads.

If i remember correctly, a few months ago when this happened, it was Macys Ad and the same thing was going on. And it was mainly to the US ladies.

Do you think the forum runs it's self?

I understand you are raising a concern that is disrupting your forum enjoyment but let's not go past the issue and onto the obvious.

I think the sponsored ads to make the forum sucessful is what gets in the way....the macy's one is so unbearable sometimes. But anyhow...I am a bit emotional today...so today it bothers me the most. Sorry.

Ps. Wobbles I am not sure if that is a rhetorical question u are asking or one that needs a response. Hmmm...

Do you think the forum runs it's self?

I understand you are raising a concern that is disrupting your forum enjoyment but let's not go past the issue and onto the obvious.

I meant that towards macy.com not babyandbump. Obviously BNB needs ads to help run this site, but i meant macy making money off the dysfunction (ie clicking on something BnB related and its sending me to Macys)...just wanted to clear that up, but i do understand your point :flower:

I've developed quite hostile feelings towards Macy's because of the ads, I don't think I will ever be able to bring myself to shop at one of their stores.. I hope their 'accidental click revenue' is enough to off set the costs of so many annoyed people not buying from them.

Thing is, Wobbles is actually quite limited in what she can do about the ads.

If this site is using a system like Adsense or google ads - which run via Google analytics, they will be showing you adverts either personalized to your Internet browsing habits or personalized to your locale - hence why us UK ladies cant see the Macy's ones.

I know its annoying, but all she can really do is complain to the ad company and ask them be blacklisted :( Im admin on another forum and we struggle with ads ourselves sometimes, least its not massively offensive ones b+b is getting lol

if someone fixed this, thank you :D I havnt so much as seen a macy ad in the last 10 minutes. Im not bothered by ads at all, but i get bothered when it literally interferes with even being able to use the sight. anywho, thanks :flow:

I've developed quite hostile feelings towards Macy's because of the ads, I don't think I will ever be able to bring myself to shop at one of their stores.. I hope their 'accidental click revenue' is enough to off set the costs of so many annoyed people not buying from them.

lol...I feel the same way! I never felt one way or another about Macy's before that ad - and now I hate it:growlmad:

It's even worse on a phone. This site is horrible on a phone (why no mobile version??) but the pop up ads make it unusable at times. Have to shut down the browser and start over.

Wobbles, didn't say anything that, IMHO could be construed as being nasty so I don't feel that your public smackdown was necessary. I have sent you a pm as I don't think that our miscommunication should be part of a public forum, however, I am sorry if you felt that my comments were directed at you personally. I apologize for any frustration my comments caused to you as an individual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->