Macys Ad is driving me INSANE!!!

I believe this ad is only on the front page (open to be corrected) and is only on a roll-over if your point is at the top/side of the page and not on the forum sections tto which if it does open there should be a close option ...

Please let me know if this is incorrect and help me help you by providing information on how this ad is disrupting your forum membership and even a screen shot.

:D

Ooopps! So sorry Wobbles, dear. I missed this :dohh:
The ad comes up on any BnB page (though its not all bnb pages, it seems to be random :shrug:) but it will come up when im in my journal, my user CP, the main page, other ppls journals. other ppls threads. It def pops bigger when its scrolled over, but it also does it when the mouse doesn't even touch it. Its quite odd. This will happen and i will click the X button (to get out of the pop up) and every once in a while it will exit out, but usually it sends me straight the the macy page. It brings it up as another box in my browser, (it keeps bnb up though). So i exit that and just go back to bnb and it will still be up. So then i scroll down to something bnb related (to get it to go away) and when i click, for some reason it will still take me back to macys. I always end up having to exit out of my browser altogether and get back on and try again. Sometimes it will happen repeatedly. Other times its fine for a while.

When DH gets home from work, im going to have him help me take a screen shot (i can't remember how :blush:)

I appriciate your willingness to help. and thank you :flower:

Here is a snapshot of what the add looks like. Like Guppy said....no matter where you are you see it. If I try to log out or clcik USER CP, it goes to macys.com and worst is when it spreads out across the screen with the este lauder make up ads. I just happen to ketch a quick glimpse before it spreads. And yes it happens every single time I am on BnB only.

Thanks.

Attachments

• macys ad.jpg
    macys ad.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 12
here is my screen shot. This was when i was clicking out of a friends journal and clicking into my user CP. I didn't hover over the ad or anything, it just popped up like this. This one was the size of the entire page. Other times its not that big, but even if you click something BNB related, it will take you to macys. Or if you click the exit button on the ad, it still takes you to macys. Usually exiting the tab isn't enough. most time i have to exit out of Firefox entirely and log back into bnb and then hope that it doesn't pop up again.

Attachments

• macyesteelauderad.jpg
    macyesteelauderad.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 7
Ads don't make the forum successful ... I have not dismissed your feedback at all and wouldn't.

Hitthejackpot, I understand you said you were slightly more upset today which didn't help but please remember I am human behind here and any hostile replies are not at a computer robot but me at the other side. I simply defend that position and it's not personal.

Guppy I got you now, it's hard to read in between the lines sometimes and misunderstand.

Jobean if you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a link 'mobile' however I will certainly pass on the feedback that the ad effects mobile users too (I can personally even imagine its worse, I constantly fight with my mobile browser without ads). A screenshot from the mobile would be great if you know how.

Thank you Sarah :D

Screenshots and some personal feedback of how these ads are effecting your forum use is brilliant, thank you ladies!

Thank you Wobbles! I truly appreciate you and all that you do! :friends:

I try :friends: little frustrating when you take the flack but I need to remember that's my job sometimes frustrating or not :blush:

I like to, that's why I'm still here :lol: I remember the journey your on too well also so understand. Sometimes I have a please don't shout at us moment ;)

Is the dip in your chart (siggy) today :( (on mobile)?

since you guys changed the format, and allowed all the outside ads, you have malware and adware issues. It is very annoying. I know these adds make you money, but it is starting to cause problems. I was on a site that did this same thing, and so many people, including myself lost their entire hard drive. If it continues to be a problem, I will no longer be able to come here, and yes the macy add is so freakin annoying!

:brat::brat::brat::brat::brat::brat::brat::brat::brat::brat::brat:
That ad was driving me INSANE!!!! It has stopped now though. I find the ads only last a couple of days and then stop, for me anyway they stop... But that Macy's ad was really annoying, glad it's gone :hugs:

I like to, that's why I'm still here :lol: I remember the journey your on too well also so understand. Sometimes I have a please don't shout at us moment ;)

Is the dip in your chart (siggy) today :( (on mobile)?

No worries.

That dip was on April 28th... approx 8dpo, so I was hoping it was implantation, but BFN hpt and no physical symptoms. Still not out until af, of course so will know in the next 48 hours.

I really think its only affecting the folks in the US. I am trying to work around it cause I like the support at BnB....I'll see how it goes.

I just saw this and had to add that Macy's is officially on my $hi* list as well :D I click sometimes have to refresh my page just so I can click on a thread without being directed to... you guess it, MACY'S!!!! Drives me freaking crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->