Maddilynne Hope 01/07/08

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Hi all,
Ok a very belated birthday story, but I never did write one, so hope this is ok to do so. :blush:
I was due June 22nd, but nothing happened the week after my due date so I was booked for my induction on Monday the 30th. At first I really wanted to be induced, but over the week prior to the induction I decided that I really was quite happy to wait and so phone the hospital and said don’t worry about the induction, I’ll wait and see my consultant on the Wednesday.
Lucky for me I never got there. On the Sunday (29th June) I started having mild back ache and belly ache all through the European Cup final (which is funny as she was conceived after a football game! :rofl:) and so went to bed that night hoping this was it! Woke up at 3am and I just knew she was on her way. I was so excited and was bouncing on the ball! I woke my OH up and told him I was sure this was it :happydance: and so I had a bath, phoned the labour ward to let them no and said I was very happy to wait. I so wanted to go naturally and really really wanted to labour at home until I was ready for the hospital. Well it got to 11am and I said to hubby, can’t really handle the pain much more so we phoned labour ward and me, OH and my mum went it. They were really nice but I was one 1cm dilated so was a bit miffed! So after being check over and scanned (as they thought she may be beech) I asked to go home. The MW’s on shift were lovely and said phone and come back as soon as you can’t cope. So we got home at 6pm Monday night, really thinking, she’ll be here soon. Well I was in so much pain I couldn’t sleep, I and was up and down every five minutes, on the ball and in the shower. The contractions were so irregular, between 5minutes and 15minutes apart, I finally phoned labour ward at 1am. I was not pleased to be told to have bath, take some paracetamol and get some sleep. Well I really could sleep I was in that much pain and so upset with the hospital as I had been promised I could come back in as soon as I couldn’t cope. Well it went on like this until 5am when my OH finally said, this is awful, he couldn’t bear to see me in so much pain and couldn’t believe the labour ward wouldn’t let me back so he phone up and simply said: I’m bring her in! and so off we all went again, my mum included!
Well the next parts a bit blurry, as soon as we got there I was straight on the gas and air – which was wonderful! And I couldn’t stop laughing; it was like I was drunk! It was fab!
There examined my and said I was 3cm which was great! We’d made progress so they broke my waters and started the drip to get my contractions nice and regular. Well it didn’t really help and by 12 noon the doctors were telling me to go for epidural which I really didn’t want, but at this time I had no choice, it was Tuesday and it had all started Sunday night! Tried pethadene, which didn’t work and then epidural, was so also great! Its magical! By about 3 in the afternoon they finally realised the contraction strap that was monitoring my contractions wasn’t working and so they changed it over and thank goodness they noticed cos her heart rate was dropping at every contraction and so, they tried to test her blood, but it was no good, as I was only 3cm and she was much too high up, so it was decided I needed an emergency c-section. I was fine about this but my poor mum and OH were in tears at this point, I felt so sorry for them
So FINALLY after about 38hours of labour Maddilynne Hope was born at 3:38pm weighing a very large 9lb 3 and half oz. :cloud9: She needed some oxygen at first but was fine after five minutes. :cloud9:
I was home within 24hours, and once home I had a haemorrhage and infection, but she was all worth it. She’s wonderful and we love her very much. :cloud9:
Well done if you’ve actually made it too the end, thank u! :hug:
Some birth pic'shttps://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/princess_bump/HPIM0460.jpghttps://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/princess_bump/HPIM0450.jpghttps://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/princess_bump/HPIM0478.jpg

Awwww congratulations.. sounds a bit scary but she is beautiful :)

Congrats! She is adorable!

aww bless, look at her wee chubby cheeks! No wonder you were having bother! Congrats xx

congratulations! :D:D:D:D
and well done on choosing the most amazing name! :D
hehe
(its mine too..lol!) and what a fantastic way of spelling it!
I'm the bog standard Madeleine!
She is so beautiful!
x

Great story, she's beautiful!

awww hun she's gorgeous thanks for sharing your story too x x

Congratulations, glad it turned out ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members