Main pram?????

trish1200

Reaction score
I've read on quite a few threads that some people are buying 2 prams, one of them being a "main" pram. Why??? If I get a bugaboo bee, is that not enough, do I need a second one?

Hi, I'm probably the person that you are speaking of! I have bought a Bee as a secondary pram but that's purely my choice!! The Bee is excellent and will serve you well as a "main" pram....I am also purchasing a "main" pram as we travel quite a lot as a family and a larger pram with a carrycot will be useful for when staying in hotels as a cot also. In all honesty I am a pram addict/expert!! I've has 43 prams with my first two children, singles, doubles, tandems etc....I don't believe in the prefect pram...for me it just doesn't exist...hence the extensive pram buying!! The Bee is number 44!!

Also I just like different prams....I don't drink, smoke, or have any vices so prams are my thing!

Wow - 44 prams!! I am impressed!!

I am having a second hand one from a friend that I will prob give to my mum, as she lives close and will be looking after LO, and then buying the one I want! If I had nto seen "the one"!! I prob would have the 2nd hand one!! A friend also recommended having a "cheap" light one for hols and stuff.. not sure about that one!!

To me the bee looks fine as an all-rounder!

I have two aswell, a 3 in 1 system and a buggy, the buggy more than likely will only be used a handful of times. We use the bus and walk alot so the 3 in 1 will do us for that, but for family and their cars the buggy would be easier as it folds down alot smaller.

There is def no specific need to have 2 prams hun so dont worry. The next one we'll be buying is a stroller when LO is old enough :D

What I would say to the OP is that living in London, the Bee will be an asset as you can lift it really easily with the baby in to get on and off the tube, it's narrow but not squashy and it holds alot of shopping!!!

I think your pram really needs to relflect your lifestyle and not just get the one you fancy, pick a pram cause it's useful!!

There is def no specific need to have 2 prams hun so dont worry. The next one we'll be buying is a stroller when LO is old enough :D

There's no specific need for EVERYBODY, but as a third time mum to be I can say many Mum's will see the benefits in having a small stroller also, great for holidays, quick trips out.....you don't need to spend a fortune! But the Bee will serve the OP greatly as a main pram with all the benefits of a stroller due to it being lightweight and a compact fold!

There's no specific need for EVERYBODY, but as a third time mum to be I can say you'll see the benefits in having a small stroller also, great for holidays, quick trips out.....you don't need to spend a fortune! But the Bee will serve the OP greatly as a main pram with all the benefits of a stroller due to it being lightweight and a compact fold!

But when on a strict budget all i'm saying is that these can be incorporated as it seems both I and the OP have done. The OP was thinking that there was a reason she SHOULD have 2 prams and was worried she was doing wrong by not having 2. :)

There's no specific need for EVERYBODY, but as a third time mum to be I can say you'll see the benefits in having a small stroller also, great for holidays, quick trips out.....you don't need to spend a fortune! But the Bee will serve the OP greatly as a main pram with all the benefits of a stroller due to it being lightweight and a compact fold!

But when on a strict budget all i'm saying is that these can be incorporated as it seems both I and the OP have done. The OP was thinking that there was a reason she SHOULD have 2 prams and was worried she was doing wrong by not having 2. :)

Of course I see your point, and that's exactly why when reading the OP on this thread asking about a second pram that I came in and explained MY reasons for having two prams....also reitarating that lifestyle can dictate each individuals persons needs....I wasn't advocating that everybody needs two prams!

As I have said there is no such thing as a perfect pram, you'll find this as you go along and have different requirements....I was just offering some advice based on my personal experience and not trying to force the OP into the idea that she would need the purchase of a second pram....

I have 2 ... one is small and lightweight, easy for me to use when im on my own, the other is big and bulky and only use that when both me and OH are around.

Its all about suiting things to your needs, be it one, two or three buggies :)

I certainly wasn't planning on getting two prams/buggies. Even leaving aside the cost issue, we have a small flat and finding room for one pram will be bad enough.. two is just not an option!

we only plan on getting one. a 3 in 1 system that should do us till baby is about 4 when we will get a cheapy buggy!!

i'll be having 2. a good one and one for going to horsey things and out and about on the farm

I have 2, one i use all the time... and a umberella fold stroller, easy if i need more boot space, or if anyone else is looking to borrow one i give the smaller.

xx

I don't think we can afford two, so it'll either be the bee or the ultima or the silvercross and that'll be it!

Where on earth do you keep all those prams and buggies?!

We got one chassis that you can attach either a carrycot, car seat or buggy style seat to. It means it doesn't have to be too bulky using the carrycot all the time.

I was hoping that with the Bee, I won't even have to buy a small, cheap, lightweight buggy for when baby is 3 or so. Though it depends on the size of my son then; I've read that some children find the Bee a little small when they're a toddler, banging their head on the canopy, and such. Anyone have any experience with an older child in the Bee?

My lifestyle and circumstances for now dictate that we have a one compact, lightweight pushchair and I decided on the Bee because if, for whatever reason my circumstances change and it's not what we need, or if I have some trouble with it, it's very sellable. So it feels like a good investment.

I only have one which I used for Alfie and I will be using exactly the same again for this LO as it gives me everthing I need, it's not the heaviest nor the lightest it also isn't the bulkiest or smallest of prams/pushchairs, but it serves every need. Easy for just a walk, or to put in the car and take on holiday etc x

hiya
im struggling with the thought of even having a pram. we got a close baby carrier as a main 'pram' we were planning to carry baby as much as poss as we will be living in the country so a pram will hardly work across the field and beach. hoping to get a click in carseat that fits in a frame, and see how it goes. but no, for use, one pram is more than enough

What I would say to the OP is that living in London, the Bee will be an asset as you can lift it really easily with the baby in to get on and off the tube, it's narrow but not squashy and it holds alot of shopping!!!

I think your pram really needs to relflect your lifestyle and not just get the one you fancy, pick a pram cause it's useful!!

Thank you for your reply, I was worried that the bee wouldn't be enough. This will be my first baby and first pram, so I don't know much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->