Make Bradford British.... Ch4 1st March 9pm

Nibblenic

Reaction score
Make Bradford British is a two-part series that brings together people of different races and backgrounds to see if they can come up with a common notion of the thread that binds them together - what it means to be British.

I think it will be a brilliant programme to base debate on. Hope everyone can watch and join in.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-bradford-british/articles/why-bradford

Thats a really good link, for some background into the show.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-bradford-british/articles/channel-4-citizenship-test

Also the citizenship test, which tbh I did have a clue on most of the questions and FAILED! 13/24 which is 54% the government requires 75%. Now my family tree has been traced back to us coming over from france in the 12th century, so Ive got no friggin excuse!

I been thinking about it and I wouldnt know how to define being British. I think I have a better idea who to define our country but not describe it as being a British person

I'd like to join in, but I don't think I will be able to access the show.
Maybe we can make the debate about national vs cultural identity in a world of immigration? Or something like that? :)

I'm going to watch to, where did you find the Citizenship test, would like to take it just out of curiousity. :)

Its on that second link, click 'get started'
:thumbup:

Oh i look forward to watching it. I saw it advertised but forgot about it so thanks for the reminder!

I just took the test and i got
'You scored 14/2458% Government guidelines require a score of 75% or above to pass.
You are not eligible for UK citizenship'

Oh Dear!

oh jeez.................i only got 10/24.... 42%..............thats very bad!

Planning on watching this. I have high hopes that C4 will do this well and not throw together a lot of 'stereotypes' in order to generate controversy.

I think defining 'Britishness' is hard. When asked my nationality I would never say Britsh. I always answer Scottish even though British is the status on my passport.

I shall definately be watching as I live In Bradford, it's really interesting to me.
Off to do the citizenship test..... x

Well I think that clearly proves that whatever the government think being British is, clearly isnt correct. Not a single one of us has come close to passing that test. So obviously whatever national ideas are rattling round our head are not at all related to that test.

Im going to watch this we live quite nr this area. X

how funny!!!!!!!!! they were stupid questions! tee hee x

Does anyone know about the real citizenship test? Do you have to pass it or go home? My OH and I were talking and he thought that if you had a baby here then they couldnt get you to leave anyway, as your child would be british but I'm not sure? x

My friend has a baby with a Turkish man living in this country. They can and will deport you, also do you know she cant even claim CB because it has to be a joint claim and he cannot claim any benefits. I was like WTF your kids British (born here)
I dont know if its pass or go home. I think if it is if you want to become a British national, rather than live here as a legal immigrant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->