making me make up hours on top of my shift

vegazbaby

Reaction score
Ok normally i would be fine with this however they are now asking too much of me.

This week i tried to get to work, we had really bad weather, i got to a mile form the office and had to turn around the road was a standstill, you couldnt see the road for snow, and it wasnt improving, id left my mobile at home, so drove back home and called into the office

i rang explained that i had tried to come in but im not skilled enough in snow to get through, i asked about the motorway and what the roads were like if i were to take another route, my team leader told me that it wasnt worth the risk, and not to bother coming in as i was safer at home. I told her to call me if things improved

(it was weird it was a nice day where i live but 20 miles away was like another world)

i work 4 days a week at the moment, it was agreed as i suffered from depression last year, and i find it hard to cope at times, im a debt collector in a call centre, and its a horrible job, i work shifts of early starts from 7-30 am one week and lates 2-9 the next and it alternates.

i was going to go in on the wednesday which is my day off, but i had heard from a friend that he had to take the day as holiday or unpaid, i know i should have called in to check and now shooting myself, as im now faced with no option but to make up the hours. and it has to be done be next week

which means my only option is to add and hour onto each shift per day, which im always shattered by the end of shift. or i go in on my day off, so have to do 5 late shifts in a row followed by a saturday morning, which is just too much for me.

so far ive had 4 days sick during this pregnancy i had 3 days of really bad morning sickness and then 1 day last week when i had the worst ever migrane, im still being sick daily and take the time that i spend hovering over a toilet out of my break time and do all i can to do my job,

am i being unreasonable to say that i cant make up the time and to take it out my holiday? can they make me make up the hours

It'll depend on your company's policy but I am pretty sure you can use annual leave, I am supposed to use annual leave or make up the hours. I think unpaid can be a little trickier forms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->