Making mummy friends

Jessica60

Reaction score
anyone else go to toddler groups and just find it impossible to find people you click with to become mummy friends?
I go to loads of groups and chat to loads of people but they all seem to have friends in the area already, family or busy with day to day life. I don't really find anyone I get on well with.
Anyone had any experiences?
I feel like I should have a mummy friend as everyone else does.

I don’t have any “Mummy friends” because there is nothing nearby for working mums. It sucks.

I did go to a club when dd was younger but didn’t really click with anyone, they always made comments about working mums

I have found new friends in new areas away from 'Mummy groups' most of my Mum friends I have made at the gym. I went/go at 6am and back before OH goes to work, school runs etc. Most are Mums some even have children in my kids school who I wouldn't have made friends with through the school Mum groups etc

I think sometimes you have to squeeze yourself in on those conversations too and be the one to make an effort. If that makes sense x

I go to many, many groups and I chat but it's all just chit chat and I find myself having the same conversations with different people and not clicking or having a laugh. It's all about how many teeth they have, how they are not sleeping but no real feeling that the people I meet could be good friends. I see others in the past have made close mummy friends. Why isn't it happening for me?

I’ve been going to toddler groups etc since DD1 was 6 months old she’s now nearly 6! Like you I haven’t made any mummy friends there. You see the usual same faces week in week out and we just have general chit chat about day to day things. Making friends there didn’t work for me either !

I’ve since met mummy friends at DD1s school and we have become friends through our children playing together and it’s not all about the children ! Do you have any adult courses etc that run in your local community centre or sure start centre ?

Im back to work next month so will have no time for courses etc. I won't be doing school drop off or pick up either as working and will be using a breakfast club.
How do these friendships start? I've ran out of chit chat with the mums I'm bumping into.

Least you will have some adult chat whilst at work , something I miss during the day sometimes !

Think it just starts by finding a common ground / interests like you would in any friendship. I’ve seen lots of parents who have struck up friendships at playgroup. It’s hard because sometimes all you end up talking about it the kids or whether or lately it’s christmas !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->