Male Factor Roll Call

https://www.drmalpani.com/asthenospermia.htm

this is so heart breaking :(

Oh Mash - don't be too sad. Surely your doc wouldn't have suggested and progressed with IUI if your DH's motility was too low. Do you have figures?

My DH's motility this month was 22%, but we did conceive naturally last year (ended in mc), so it must be possible:flower:

My DH's motility this month was 22%, but we did conceive naturally last year (ended in mc), so it must be possible:flower:

Really... wow.. thanks.. this is motivating ... :)

Oh Mash - don't be too sad. Surely your doc wouldn't have suggested and progressed with IUI if your DH's motility was too low. Do you have figures?

You know today is the first day of AF so u can well imagine the trauma... i will be back in the game soon.. tomo will go and talk to my doc in detail.. lets see what she has to say... :) thanks.. i need all the support in the world right now

I'm sorry to hear it Mash.... and I'm sorry you're down and I am certainly not wanting to discourage you even further but what the Dr. Malpani Clinic page says is true as well... I know couples who have been on Clomid for both of them for months, then on HCG injections for years, then on endless tries with IUI and never conceived till they did ICSI. It's sad and it's a dreadful moment to realize that is possibly the only way, I know, been there, we all have but at the end of the day you have to wonder what is more important, the manner in which you'll accomplish a pregnancy or having the baby you're longing for.

Lots of good luck and I hope you choose what's best for you!

me just 40 with diabities and no pancreas ! dh 1% abnormall morpgology evey think else ok just the morph making appointment to see the consultant to see when to start ivf so we can try and get a :baby::happydance: but we
are very lucky and blessed anyway as i allready have 2 grown up sons and dh has 2 grown up children so hopefull ivf will work my dh is a chef so that ruined his sperm :cry: anyway good luck ladys postive thinking:winkwink:x

Bump and adding me and my dh to this roll call. Just got 1st SA results 18 million and 45% motility. Asked about morphology but they couldn't tell me, waiting for 2nd SA results any day now, will probably talk to GP I can imagine about what will come next...iui perhaps?

Bump and adding me and my dh to this roll call. Just got 1st SA results 18 million and 45% motility. Asked about morphology but they couldn't tell me, waiting for 2nd SA results any day now, will probably talk to GP I can imagine about what will come next...iui perhaps?
That doesn't sound bad, or is it because my DH's motility is 22%?:haha:
My doctor was more concerned about 1% morphology...

Hey girls, can I join? Hubby has low sperm count of 8 million. Turns out he also has 3 bacterial infections. He has to undergo antibiotics treatment for the next 30 days and I might have to do the same too, if it turns out that I caught the infection from him....

Does anybody here know anybody who has got pregnant after treatment of an STD?

Add me to this list, with male factor infertility, Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia (low count, low motility, low morpholoy) the exact figures being (14mil/ml, 35% motility, 85% abnormal sperms). TTC from 3 years:cry:. me 30 years and my husband 34.

Welcome to the gang faye38, lozmo, Quaver, cheerios and lillyttc :hi:

Can I join? I am so confused, I just picked up dh's results on wednesday and haven't had a chance to see my GP or anything so noone has explained what these results actually mean or what we need to do next.

He has 25mill conc. but only 2% rapid and 12% sluggish (Does this mean he has 14% motility?). He also has 95% abnormal form. I also have endo. We have been trying to conceive for 1 year.

Would be really nice to join you ladies as I don't have the slightest idea where to go from here. I don't know whether we just keep trying or whether we need to think about other options? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hello to all the new commers, sorry you have to be here girls...

I'll update the first page next week, hard to do from the iPhone.

Hey girls, can I join too!

DH has had 2 SA's which showed no sperm at all (azoospermia). He had a surgical sperm retrieval on Tuesday, and although the urologist was pretty confident we'd get sperm cause all his blood tests came out fine, there was none to be found.

Fortunately all my tests have come back ok, so it could be worse I suppose!

So we've decided to go with a sperm donor; going back to the clinic in a couple of weeks to see what happens next!

He has 25mill conc. but only 2% rapid and 12% sluggish (Does this mean he has 14% motility?). He also has 95% abnormal form. I also have endo. We have been trying to conceive for 1 year.
The concentration is good (anything more than 20mil).
14% motility is on the low side (my DH has 22% also low, but my doc doesn't seem concerned).
95% abnormal form is better than my DH as 99%:haha:

Not much we could do about it, but getting them to eat Brazil nuts, vitamin Es, Zinc and some regular exercises for motility:flower:

Oh, my DH has stopped alcohol for the moment and he never smoked:thumbup:

Hope you don't mind me posting this here, but tried posting it in the general LTTTC&AC section 24 hours ago and had no response ....

Just wondering if your hubby's MFI diagnosis (or azoospermia diagnosis in our case) has had an effect on your sex life.

Hubby's got other issues too - underactive thyroid and low testosterone and hasn't been initiating anything for the last 18 months but when he was told about the azoospermia he said it would take the TTC pressure off him and he felt things would be easier then. But that was 4 months ago and nothing ...

I know it must be a real blow to him, but he says he's fine with it and just hopes the SSR is successful, but when I try to initiate things he just comes up with excuses or laughs it off :nope:

I have needs too ... :shrug:

Would be interested to hear others' experiences

Thanks

Deb

Hi everyone

I think I belong on this thread - my DH has 2% morphology, although he has good motility and a good count. He is being re-tested this week as it's been 90 days since last test so we're praying it's improved. So far all tests I have had done have been ok.

My next FS appointment is this Thursday so I know they will talk about the next steps then but I could do with some advice from those going through a similar situation as to what the possible next steps are. Just would be good going into the appointment with some kind of idea!

Thanks x

That doesn't sound bad, or is it because my DH's motility is 22%?:haha:
My doctor was more concerned about 1% morphology...

Really? I told my dh that the norms were 20 million plus, motility needs to be 50% or more right? Anyway his second SA was 17 million count and 44% motility but still no morphology and abnormal form numbers. Need to find out next step, dh has already been on supplements since may but wasn't smoking then, he's smoked for a few months and quit again now!! Do you think our doctor will want to start carrying put tests on me or repeat the SAs in three months?

I have joined this club along time ago when first set up!!
I think my oh count was around 12million around 20% good progression but only 2% morph :(

We been TTC for over 2 years now, i have pcos so really irregular periods, F.S gave me clomid for one month to retest OH again same count so she stopped us explaining clomid prob wouldnt benefit us with low numbers..

So annoying as I personally believe we should be given the chance, she said ICIS is prob only way for us.. I never thought i be ttc with IVF when i started this journey!!

The doc first told us his first sample was below average but ok, it then came to light after F.S did around 3 tests that they were all low and she referred us for IVF. Only problem now is our PCT is having problems funding our only 1 IVF cycle we get, so unsure on how long we will be waiting since being referred for treatment in December..

I have no idea where women can get natural BFP with low count overall when i have NEVER have a positive result, its turly is hard work ttc when their are fertility problems.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"