• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~*Mamas of Reflux Babies*~

Good morning reflux mummies. Rested mum here lol. Think the increased dose is working. Had a lovely 7-7 night with quick 12 and 5 am night feeds. I'd be happy to do that every night lol

Thats great :) mine n yours kiddos are very similar (when hes having a good day)
Weve just increased dose so hopefuly ill be saying same in a few days

What dose is he on ?

Just read back your on 1.5mk ranatidine.
Glad its working :) x

oh dear he didnt like rotarix, ive never ever heard him scream like that!

question with calpol it says 2 doses per day 2-3 months and 4 doses per day 3-6

if hes 12 weeks old is he still regarded as 2 months old, he was born 23rd august

Whats rotarix?

Id go with three doses :) middle ground
Why you using? My boys had a massive flare up and is shoving his fist in his mouth real far so reckon hes got a bad sore throat. Was wandering if calpol would help

I sometimes use calpol but don't notice a massive difference to be honest. It's probably worth trying at least. Still waiting for my lo's reflux congestion and cough to improve since increasing the ranitidine dose on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed for another good night sleep but I can't ever remember having 2 good night in a row lol. Had a lovely day today with Aiden and he giggled loads..makes me a little bit sad as this is what it should be like all the time!

He had his second jabs today and really unhappy we went with three lol

I don't know what to do with my LO....the last 24-48 hours she's suddenly become worse.

She sounds so congested but has no snot, she's coughing lots, has a wet raspy breathing pattern during feeds. She normally takes 6-7oz's milk but is struggling to take 3-5oz's atm. She fights the bottle and arches her back, screams and writhes around. I hate seeing her in pain. I can feel and see she keeps bringing up stuff then swallowing it back down.

My GP saw her last week and thinks nothing's wrong with her due to her rapid weight gain but has referred us to paeds - don't know how long that'll take. I have HV coming Thursday but might call her Monday if Caileigh continues like this.

I'm using Hipp first milk with Colief in it. I did try Gaviscon for a few days too but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any tips on what I can do?

I don't know what to do with my LO....the last 24-48 hours she's suddenly become worse.

She sounds so congested but has no snot, she's coughing lots, has a wet raspy breathing pattern during feeds. She normally takes 6-7oz's milk but is struggling to take 3-5oz's atm. She fights the bottle and arches her back, screams and writhes around. I hate seeing her in pain. I can feel and see she keeps bringing up stuff then swallowing it back down.

My GP saw her last week and thinks nothing's wrong with her due to her rapid weight gain but has referred us to paeds - don't know how long that'll take. I have HV coming Thursday but might call her Monday if Caileigh continues like this.

I'm using Hipp first milk with Colief in it. I did try Gaviscon for a few days too but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any tips on what I can do?

Sorry, no advice but just wanted to say I sympathise. My lo is still constantly congested and coughs day and night after a week on the highest dose of ranitidine. It's really affecting his sleep. We went to a friends 1st birthday party this afternoon and I had to leave after an hour as he got so over stimulated due to tiredness from poor sleep the last 24 hours. I've never known him scream so much, I was in tears myself after an hour as I feel I can no longer go anywhere with him 😢

I wouod use the gaviscon, even if you dont see much improvement (you wont) it will soothe throat and help keep feed down so not to bring so much acid up.

Push for omneprazol!
This is the only thing helping my boy!
Weve had a real bad week with him until we got his dose upped
Hes now on 10mg

Has anyone tried adding rice cereal into their babies' formula? I keep getting told to try this to help her reflux :shrug:

I kinda want to call her dr and ask but I'm afraid he thinks I'm a crazy hypochondriac mother. This has just been a really bad weekend for her. She keeps choking! So bad that there have been a couple of times I have had to run over to her pick her up and pat her back to make her breathe. Its really frustrating and scary. :(

Just a little update. I did end up speaking to her doctor and he was in full agreement about mixing rice cereal in with her formula to help thicken it up and hopefully keep everything down.

We are starting out slow, 1 tsp for every 3 oz of formula. She has had it twice so far, but I'm sure it is too early to tell a huge difference. Good news it she seems to like the taste :haha:

Keeping my fingers crossed that this works and we don't have to add more medication!

Thats good i hope it works for you :)

We have our peadiatrician appt tomorrow, couodnt come wuick enough as my boy is on max dose of omneprazol and not getting better. :(

So glad o find this thread. My 9 week old is having horrible reflux (crying, spitting up after every feed, projectile vomit sometimes, burping constantly, etc.) It's heartbreaking.

I am cutting out dairy, soy, citrus, and caffeine and pray that all that helps somewhat.

Does anyone find that reflux is worse during a wonder week or growth spurt?

Trish, hope the cereal helps with the choking!

Lady, I hope you get some answers at the pediatrician.

Stella seemed better, but this week she seems worse. She balls after every feed, is spitting up a ton and has been really gurgley. I'm going to call the peds office tomorrow. I really don't want to give her medicine though.

So glad o find this thread. My 9 week old is having horrible reflux (crying, spitting up after every feed, projectile vomit sometimes, burping constantly, etc.) It's heartbreaking.

I am cutting out dairy, soy, citrus, and caffeine and pray that all that helps somewhat.

Does anyone find that reflux is worse during a wonder week or growth spurt?

My kiddo demands to drink more randomly and more often during those weeks so it definitely sets him off. Also, he's more likely to be crying so that also makes it worse as he's gulping more air, etc. :flower:

*Waves to other mamas* Sorry I'm not around so much. Been feeling rather down these days. :flower:

how are you giving the omeprazol?

Disolving tablet in a calpol syringe and giving that wAy washing down with a little wAter after

Do you have omep as well now?

3 hours till we see a pead!! Hes constantly hicculing after a feed and now bringing back milk which he wasnt really doing

The hiccups hurt him and last half an hour! He is then unsettled till i get him to sleep

I also have a feeling he may have sandifers syndrome

He turns his head and body in oposite directions during a feed even though he wants to latch onto bottle he cant and he flails his arms and body about constantly

I have videos to show them

Dont worry about medication sometimes it really is necesaarry!

And as for growth spurts/wander weeks yes reflux can be worse then as neela said due to extra eating and crying

how are you giving the omeprazol?

Disolving tablet in a calpol syringe and giving that wAy washing down with a little wAter after

Do you have omep as well now?

3 hours till we see a pead!! Hes constantly hicculing after a feed and now bringing back milk which he wasnt really doing

The hiccups hurt him and last half an hour! He is then unsettled till i get him to sleep

I also have a feeling he may have sandifers syndrome

He turns his head and body in oposite directions during a feed even though he wants to latch onto bottle he cant and he flails his arms and body about constantly

I have videos to show them

Dont worry about medication sometimes it really is necesaarry!

And as for growth spurts/wander weeks yes reflux can be worse then as neela said due to extra eating and crying

weve been on omeprazole for about two weeks at first was wonder drug that or neocate, but for the last few days ive stuggled to get him to eat it, have been disolving in water, now ive been told to mix with apple puree to help get it in even though hes so young.

he seems to be driblling milk all the time he used to do it before but not to this extent, his cot is soaked and im now changing his clothes all the time will this ever end, reflux seems ok although he wont sleep today

How did the paed appt go ladybrock?

I'm finding things so hard....I keep thinking maybe I'm making up the reflux issues with LO as GP suggested colic and healthy baby. But she is so unsettled after feeds and last night it took an hour and half to settle her then she was up an hour later for next feed. She's still only taking 3-4oz's when normally she has 6ozs. My HV is coming tomorrow so will discuss it with her again and will ring to chase up paed referral. I feel like such a rubbish mum at times as feel I can't work out or know what to do for her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->