• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~*Mamas of Reflux Babies*~

Sorry do you mean you have reduced the dose?
Im giving him 5mg mornng 10 at night and going back to nuetramagin lipil as i believe that was ok as he had good days/weeks on it

Fingers xd its just omneprazol that needed adjusting but as we changed 2 things at one time who knows

He was on 10 mg i changed this today and will be talking to pead about it all tomorrow

My boy got worse on neocate to the point coild only drink tiny amount at a time and he drooled excesivly on it :s

He's been on 10mg but paed said it was a high dose and to halve tablet see how it goes etc but since I've been giving him water to wash it down I noticed it fizzing in his mouth so I wonder if its not been effective he bad again

Did full tablet today but with pear sauce hoping it kicks in soon

Since neocate he dribbles and vomits but poop is much better and not in agony going so who knows what's doing what

Just give him full tablet if it working hun :)

I was told he could have up to 15 for his weight not sure how much your lo weighs but my boy only about 12 pounds now

Hey :hi: my baby was just diagnosed with reflux and prescribed ranitidine. I was wondering how long it would take before I would start to notice an improvement.

Welcome X all babies respond differently to different meds, my son improved after three days on ranitadine but ten days later it stopped working so we are now on omperzole and neocate good luck

I'm hoping for a quick improvement she just started having weight gain issues from it as well. Also another question, sorry for so many but is there an easy way to give them medication and make sure it stays down? I gave DD her dose of ranitadine this morning and she gagged and brought it right back up again.

Ranatidine needs upping with your lo weight gain its very weight sensitive.
Try giving 20/30 min before food if you can and squirt syring sloly bit by bit into side of cheek.

My boys now on omneprazol and nutramagin AA

He was on nuetramagin lipil we tried neocate but tht didnt suit him so picked this up today. Fingers xd

I'm hoping for a quick improvement she just started having weight gain issues from it as well. Also another question, sorry for so many but is there an easy way to give them medication and make sure it stays down? I gave DD her dose of ranitadine this morning and she gagged and brought it right back up again.

Hi, welcome

I find the easiest way to give ranitidine is to lye lo flat on his back and slowly squirt it into the cheek towards the back of his mouth. He's grown to like the taste now. Took about a week to see see improvement with the worse symptoms such as gulping, intense crying and back arching. Still waiting for other symptoms such as nasal congestion and cough to improve and it's been about 6 weeks or more now since starting. He's on the maximum dose for his weight.

hoping things will be better, he started sleeping through so in the morning i gave him the omeprazole but he was screaming for food so i gave him milk, apparently in babies it needs 30 mins before milk and be given first thing on empty tummy, it was a long half hour this morning but worth it if it starts to work again, having had a glorious 3 weeks of a happy baby i think its even more heart breaking when it comes back with a vengance, doc wont increase dose but told me to give it a few days to kick in at full dose again

It will kick in.

On a group on facebook and alot of the mjms split the dose!
What they dont tell you is it only works full effect for 9 hours. So morning n night or better still 3 times a day

Jadon likes his nuetramagin milk, hes still not 100% but i think i see improvement

hoping things will be better, he started sleeping through so in the morning i gave him the omeprazole but he was screaming for food so i gave him milk, apparently in babies it needs 30 mins before milk and be given first thing on empty tummy, it was a long half hour this morning but worth it if it starts to work again, having had a glorious 3 weeks of a happy baby i think its even more heart breaking when it comes back with a vengance, doc wont increase dose but told me to give it a few days to kick in at full dose again

Oh so jealous at your lo sleeping through lol. Aiden was5 months yesterday and has yet to sleep through. He's still on 2 night feeds and the last few nights has started waking up every hour or 2 😞 I've started weaning him this week as suggested by the Dr to see if it helps his reflux.

Good luck with the weaning
What are you starting him on?

I wonder if weaning does help early I've heard good and bad about it

Good luck with the weaning
What are you starting him on?

I've started him on a couple of teaspoons of baby oatmeal porridge between his 7am and 11am bottle. Going to go slow with it incase it upsets him but so far it's going ok and he seems to be digesting it with no problems. He eats it all and tries to grab the spoon to do it himself lol. I'm not bothering with baby rice, I've heard it can cause constipation. I'll just add purée veg and fruits slowly over the next month and gradually increase to a tablespoon or 2 at each meal. He's stopped being sick at night over the last week but he's still waking for 2 night feeds and lots of wakings in between at the moment but he is absolutely full of a cold, bless. Lol, also trying cooled boiled water in a sippy cup but there's more actually on him than in him, he does try though and pulls a funny face when he tastes it haha.

Bless him :)
Let us know how it goes with it all will be interested to see x

How's Jason doing on new meds do you give milk straight after his tablet ?

Best of luck with the weaning, Sezz! :hugs:

Stupid iPhone jaDon is what I put

Hehe

I give him 5mg in morn then milk 30 min later and 10mg at night 30 min later i give his last bottle

Hes doing ok
We had a good day for the first time yesterday (having a not so good one today but still an improvement)

Finaly think we have the right combo of milk and meds tho

You getting on ok with giving it? Ive found a bettr way... Disolve it a little on a spoon then with a clean finger gather it and wile inside cheek. I then syringe a tiny bit of water to wash down.

I was finiding the water in the syringe before was too much and agravating his reflux

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->