~*Mamas of Reflux Babies*~

he had a really pain ful experience passing the hugh chunk of hard playdough poop, then out came runny soft poo thank god it was not all painful

spoke to hv she told me to call paeds and maybe trial prescription milk

rang paeds they told me that the drugs can only be a test on the babies and they never know if htey will work or not so if we see something that isnt working we take the babies off the drugs, she told me to put him on infant one milk and stop the domperidone and call tomorrow, interesting she asked me if i wanted to bring him in which was really reassuring to know thats an option, he's been wheezy and sniffy today and i dont know if its because he has my cold or reflux from the milk

hes having a lovely nap now though,,,,,,silence

Good luck there! Sounds like you get a good pediatrician helping you out. Yeah the meds are a huge trial and error which is why they are so against medicating for reflux here. It's probably the natural starch in the comfort milk (which is why it's thicker) that some babies don't digest as well. For my boy, he definitely seems to need the protein broken down but it makes sense that other babies will react to the starch/thick consistency more than the broken protein.

Thanks for the info on the other thread btw, makes me think the smell is directly related to the formula itself then.

Jumperoo arrived....it's gonna be a while before his feet can touch the floor even on lowest setting but he likes being in it and playing with the toys :) will post a picture later

Hey all not been on for a few days been sorting my boy out

Were now on gaviscon in every bottle
Domperidone 4x a day
And.... The magic one... Omneprazol!

Im sure ranatidine was making him worse!
Early days but keep you posted!
Weve literaly tried everything and we also have referal to hospital on the 20th november now

We had second appointment at cranial osteopath yest and last night he slept wonderful!
7.30 ish till 1 then till 5 (after sticking dummy in at 4)

Least i know now he can do it!

😔
Having a meltdown day :-( is it just me who assumes every cry is because my baby is in pain. I've spent the last 4 months running to him every time he cries, I just feel like I can't do it anymore. It's official...yeah, I have a reflux baby but I also have the whingiest most depressing baby in the world and some days I really dislike him. Today's one of those days, I'm just lying on my bed crying while he's in his cot, he doesn't want to play, hates cuddles, gets bored of anything after about 5 minutes and I'm now sick of the dummy...I think the dummy is going to have to go. He's started waking through the night wanting it and his back rubbed.
Sorry for the rant. I'm feeling so rotten!

I feel you chick....i have cried every day sometimes numerous times so much so my mum sent me to the doctors and they gave me a prescription for anti depressants! my hv is only now exploring the possibility that Bella has silent reflux. her poos have been so watery that she wants me to try her back on first milk rather than the comfort milk. but i am scared it will make her worse again as she has been on comfort since she was 4 weeks old.

Sending you girls lots of love. :hugs: I really hope tomorrow is better. Sucky days suck bad! :nope: Hang in there, Sezz! :hugs: I keep reminding myself that no matter how hard we think we have it, they are having it worse and they jst need someone to love them through it. :hugs:

Are any of you girls babywearing? I wasn't for it... I didn't like the thought of having a baby on me so much. However, I never knew what a reflux baby was. I made the decision to get a wrap to try. Got it today... He fell asleep in it within 10 mins. Another thing I immediately noticed is how much he is burping. Anyone else notice that? I think my lil guy is loving it. I fed him in it and he dozed off again immediately. With all the trouble we've had and my temper flaring at times, it warms and soothes my heart to know he likes the closeness and he really thinks of me as 'mommy'. :cloud9:

Attachments

• moby1.jpg
    moby1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 3
  • moby2.jpg
    moby2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1
I git one of these too and when he went in it he burped!
Days that are bad they are great just pop them in and it comfrts them and you can go about being a bit more normal :)

He has his jabs tomorrow so i know its all going to flare up and i intend on putting him in it.

What a great idea to feed in it!! So going to try that thank you nela x

Yeah I was really impressed with the burping! The feeding worked great, I just needed to figure out the positioning to make it comfy for him since we're using the big Dr.Brown's bottle now and he wasn't moving his head away from my chest enough. :wacko: He's been sleeping a couple of hours when usually he NEVER sleeps at this time and always fusses cause he's tired. :thumbup: I was a bit concerned that it might be too much pressure on his tummy but he seems happy so far. I think the true test will come on a day where I know for sure that he's quite gassy. Perhaps it'll just bit uncomfy for a few the time he adjusts to the pressure but help actually pass the gas. I keep smelling rotten eggs so it's definitely helping :haha: I had no idea he was so gassy, to be honest. :wacko:

Good luck with the jabs, btw! I hope it won't be too bad. They say it's usually easier after the first ones. :shrug:

Glad the baby wearing is working out for you, Nela! I have a Moby, a woven and a Boba. I've joined a facebook page (baby wearing 102) and I'm afraid I may get obsessive. There are so many colors and patterns of woven wraps. I am excited for when she gets big enough to carry on my back. I've only ever used the Moby though and only know one carry.

I wear Stella and it seems to help! She's been very good lately, but we had an episode last night. She was just inconsolable for two or three hours. I'm trying to pay better attention to what I eat as I read on Dr. Sears website that there are foods that exasperate reflux. I hate to think that I'm making things worse. She did sleep for four hours once we got her down last night and then three and then two.

Are symptoms of gas similar to reflux. She has a lot of reflux signs as well as spitting up and swallowing spit up, but I'm not sure if it's the gas that's really bothering her. We visited my in-laws last night and they made vegetarian chilli which was loaded with beans. It was a few hours after I ate that she had her episode. Does anyone know how long after eating something that it gets into your milk?

Hi ladies been sorting man out too had appointment at hosp at one point he was going to be admitted but we got to see a consultant pead . He now on neocate and omperazole had finger up his bum (awwwwww) to make sure it's not tight which was fine, and back on Monday for review and he explained why refluxers love sleeping on thier tums.
Waiting with high hopes but knowing will prob get dashed again jabs next week
Spent last night at my mums for a break still struggling with educating her to him not being hungry but giving hunger cues they don't get it!! Eventually she caved and said she was impressed how I knew what he needed and I said its so hard when your gut reaction is to feed them . And she said yes especially when your mum is saying feed him (she genuinely thought because he had 7 oz while she babysat that that was what was up he was hungry all this time lol) but horrah at least she knows now

Not looking forward to the first lot!
Big hugs to all you ladies and your bubbas one day it will be but a distant memory x

Oh yea my boy was realy unsettled all day and didnt sleep then when we put him down for bedwoke screaming like iver never heard before!

I think the domperidone may be upsetting him, i hear it can cause tummy cramps
I shall speak to doc tomorrow but only heard bad about it

Hi ladies been sorting man out too had appointment at hosp at one point he was going to be admitted but we got to see a consultant pead . He now on neocate and omperazole had finger up his bum (awwwwww) to make sure it's not tight which was fine, and back on Monday for review and he explained why refluxers love sleeping on thier tums.
Spent last night at my mums for a break still struggling with educating her to him not being hungry but giving hunger cues they don't get it!! Eventually she caved and said she was impressed how I knew what he needed and I said its so hard when your gut reaction is to feed them . And she said yes especially when your mum is saying feed him (she genuinely thought because he had 7 oz while she babysat that that was what was up he was hungry all this time lol) but horrah at least she knows now[/QUOTE

Neocate and omneprazol should do the trick fingers crossed!
Im thinking i may ask about neocate when at out paed appointment as its even more broken down than nuetramagin but by then i may see a change with the omneprazol as its only been a few days

Are u using a thickener?
Did they prescribe domperidone?

Looks like were boty heading down the same path now xx

Glad the baby wearing is working out for you, Nela! I have a Moby, a woven and a Boba. I've joined a facebook page (baby wearing 102) and I'm afraid I may get obsessive. There are so many colors and patterns of woven wraps. I am excited for when she gets big enough to carry on my back. I've only ever used the Moby though and only know one carry.

I wear Stella and it seems to help! She's been very good lately, but we had an episode last night. She was just inconsolable for two or three hours. I'm trying to pay better attention to what I eat as I read on Dr. Sears website that there are foods that exasperate reflux. I hate to think that I'm making things worse. She did sleep for four hours once we got her down last night and then three and then two.

Are symptoms of gas similar to reflux. She has a lot of reflux signs as well as spitting up and swallowing spit up, but I'm not sure if it's the gas that's really bothering her. We visited my in-laws last night and they made vegetarian chilli which was loaded with beans. It was a few hours after I ate that she had her episode. Does anyone know how long after eating something that it gets into your milk?

I think gas and reflux come hand in hand unfortunately

I dont breast feed but im guesing the chili may have caused it?

Day 2 of the wrap and it's the best thing I could have done. My only regret is not having had it from the very first day. I think every mum should have one, at least to try as it can definitely be a great thing if it works for them. I hear you about the colors! Omg, I am DYING to get a rainbow wrap!!! I am just wondering if I will actually wear him long enough, to be honest. I am not sure if I really want to do the back carry so if I don't, I can maybe get away with the Moby for long enough. I'm going to do more research about it and see how it goes. I'm also seeing it as a great thing for his reflux but I think his reflux will ease now that we're on the right track so I may not need it too too long for that either. I'm just not sure but I will look into it and see if I spot more holds that I really think are worth looking into. :shrug:

The legumes you had will definitely have been a possibility in making her gassy and in turn making her reflux flare up. Any bad enough gas will absolutely make the reflux play up. My kiddo demonstrated this in a very clear way and I asked the pediatrician and she confirmed that the gas will make reflux flare due to the pressure. Also, they often cry when they are gassy, making them gulp in more air, and irritating their throats from crying/shrieking so that can make them more uncomfy as well. :hugs:

Spent last night at my mums for a break still struggling with educating her to him not being hungry but giving hunger cues they don't get it!! Eventually she caved and said she was impressed how I knew what he needed and I said its so hard when your gut reaction is to feed them . And she said yes especially when your mum is saying feed him (she genuinely thought because he had 7 oz while she babysat that that was what was up he was hungry all this time lol) but horrah at least she knows now

So what did he say about the tummy sleeping? I'm curious! Yeah, I hear you about instantly thinking 'feed baby'. I was the same way at first because they are definitely the same cues as hunger since they DO want the milk but we know exactly why they can't have it! My mother doesn't get it. Was on Skype with her and despite me explaining it, she kept saying "Why can't you just feed him?" and "How long does the poor thing have to wait?" :dohh: I dip his pacifier in water when he needs to comfort feed. I don't trust the reflux enough to let him sip on water so just a few drops is a nice compromise. :haha:

Not looking forward to the first lot!
Big hugs to all you ladies and your bubbas one day it will be but a distant memory x

Oh yea my boy was realy unsettled all day and didnt sleep then when we put him down for bedwoke screaming like iver never heard before!

I think the domperidone may be upsetting him, i hear it can cause tummy cramps
I shall speak to doc tomorrow but only heard bad about it

Yeah, Domperidone gave me bad cramps and almost instant constipation and I hadn't been on it long so I would definitely be on my toes if my kiddo were on it. Not all kids react the same to it but I would think it's not helping from what I gathered from your posts. :haha: Probably best to get off it with those jabs as well! I hope your LO has it as easy as mine had them. I was very surprised at how little they affected him so I really wish you the same!!! We deal with enough with just the reflux itself! :hugs:

Well he cried all of 30secs and is now asleep so fingers xd

Were off domperidone for now just sticking to neutramagin formula with a sachet of gaviscon and his omneprazol

Well he cried all of 30secs and is now asleep so fingers xd

Were off domperidone for now just sticking to neutramagin formula with a sachet of gaviscon and his omneprazol

we didnt get on with domperidone, a i didnt trust the doctor as she completely ignored what i was saying and b it made no sense to give him anti sickness drugs when hes not being sick we gave it 4 days and he was grumpy the whole time and didnt poo for 5 days and when he did it was awful

waiting for omperazole to kick in as the ranitadine has been stopped so effectively it feels like hes getting no relief at the moment hes been ratty all day, however he finally did a poo yesterday that was the size of his bottom and not the width of a 2 p piece

paed said the way the oesophogas lies means that tummy sleeping is preferable and before the back campaign it was tummy sleeping because of the amount of reflux babies, it eases pressure. he basically said day time naps when im awake put him on tummy and put him in a sling at night as he slides everywhere

wishing all a good reflux reduced weekend and hope to see improvement in all our babies soon x

Nope hes so much better off the domperidone i think it was causing more gas too!

Was starting to see improvement yest he had a few big bottles before his jabs.
I know jabs can cause a flare up but so far this morning (day 5 omneprazol) he has just drank a 6/7 oz bottle in two sittings over half hour which is the most hes ever had!

It will kick in soon! We stopped the ranatidine too but i believe as that had neutralised some acid the omneprazol will kick in fairly quick!

He had a terribly restless night and at 4am i just let him sleep laying on my belly.
This was due to jabs tho i reckon as at one point during day he woke screaming and i had to give him calpol.

He seems okish this morn but getting tired easy.

Tummy sleeping makes sense! We got an angelcare monitor coming today so he can start sleeping on his tummy :) cant wait xx

Nela, I have a night rainbow Girasol wrap. It's gorgeous. I haven't used it yet because I'm just getting the hang of the Moby. All of the different carries seem daunting. I'll need to spend some time watching YouTube clips. I wish there was a PDF of different carries I could download....maybe there is. Off to google :)

Stella's been really fussy these last few days and her spitting up has increased. She's still trying to swallow a lot of it down too. Have any of you cut out certain foods (other than dairy)? There is a list on Dr. Sear's website. It includes so many foods I eat regularly :(
https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/health-concerns/childhood-illnesses/ger/ger-what-it-what-do-faqs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->