~*Mamas of Reflux Babies*~

How did the jabs go?

Yup exactly like old days hes so bad hes bending himself in half, been a week now so hoping it improves soon!

Nela hugs to you and your lo :)

One day this will all be a distant memory x

jabs went well and the reaction wasnt as bad as last time, thank god they are over till he is one, hes not eating as much and now on 6 bottles of 5 rather than 5 bottles of 6, woke twice in the night! but cuddles and then back in bed, refused to sleep on his wedge last night, spoke to heath visitor and she said def sounds like teething oh joy
didnt seem to trigger the reflux too much, and hes now pooing every 2 days instead of 4, so does all seem well
hope all our little ones get through all this soon

Aww thats good im glad :)

I hear its the roto virus vaccine that causes the reaction so fingers crossed for the next lot hehe.

Hes still quite bad atm :s docs again monday if it doesnt improve

Hi all,

Thought i'd post a little update. Aiden is coming up to 6 months end of this month and things are slowly improving. Could be a combination of his age, meds working or gentle weaning but day times are great and he happy most of the time. Maybe cries for 30 mins max in a whole day. Night times are hit and miss, still feeds at night but he is only on a tiny amount of solids still, just a few teaspoons twice a day of porridge or veg/fruit. Night times are mainly bothersome due to his chronic reflux cough which wakes him up a quite often. The Dr said its nothing to worry about, just part of the reflux deal and that he may still be refluxing at night. I never hear him refluxing during the day anymore. He vomits more often than he used to but this does not bother him at all, it's just messy lol. Teething days are pretty awful though lol.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas with your lo's x

Great to hear he is improving :)

I think jadon may be getting over his flare up now, he had a fairly good day yest and slept well last night

Happy christmas to you and to everyone as well xx

its so lovely to see positive posts especially for xmas, our babies are getting through to the other side of this, and lovely to see their smiles etc

happy xmas to you all and thank you for your support over the last 4 months its been you guys keeping me going x

*nods*

They are getting a lil older, giving their systems some time to mature so that seems to be kicking in now. So now to see more good news these days. How are all your LOs with their teething? Nathan gets randomly whiny and chews real hard so I give him his Nuby keys which he likes. What do your LOs use?

Looking forward to the holidays? I am, just hoping they won't muck up his sleep patterns too much though. OH has a week off from work so I am very much looking forward to that! I will try and catch up on some rest, do some baking, but just take it easy really. I hope you girls won't be doing too much as well!

:flower:

My oh has 2 whole weeks off and we can not wait!! :D

Jadons still hit n miss with his milk but i guess on the whole things are steadily improving, as you say as they get older the better itll become.
Im waiting u til 6 months to wean him tho as i feel he wont be ready at all until then, had a good chat with a friend whos kiddo was the same.

Asfor teeyhing im pretty sure he is, he chews on his fists n dribbles alot. Hes just about holding things now and has a set of keys and lots of teething toys but he chooses the teddy bears head haha x

:haha: Funny you mention that, Nathan loves his bunny's ears to chew on! Lol. We bought a second bunny so I can rotate them and wash the other! Nathan is starting to show an interest in food but he's not quite ready. I do think I'll *try* a lil cereal at one point but not sure really. I'm just following his cues, not pushing one way or another. I really hope our LOs will do well on the weaning when the time comes though!

Awesome about your OH having 2 weeks off! Enjoy it!!!

:flower:

Hi all,
Hope you had a good christmas. Aiden was a good lil boy on Christmas Day and handled lots of visitors and hecticness really well considering he gets so easily over stimulated. Now however we are in or around wonder week 26 and things are going to pot lol. He's usually a good napper in the day but now it takes up to 45 mins to settle him and he's waking after 30 minutes instead of 2 hours and he's waking up for a 2-3 hour period in the early hours of every morning and spends the whole time shouting. It's a killer 😞 he's also stopped all if his sleepy ques which makes things even more confusing as I'm not sure whether he's not tired, tired or over tired lol. I hope if passes soon!!

Oh nooooo i feel your pain were on wander week 19 and jadons decided he will not nap without alot of effort during the day and then only for 30/45 mins argh!

And hes waking a bit at noght too where previously he would sttn with one feed!

Im thinking of starting the 2/3/4 routine now that cmas is over with

Just get reflux under control ghen onto the next thing haha

Happy new year everyonexxx

Oh nooooo i feel your pain were on wander week 19 and jadons decided he will not nap without alot of effort during the day and then only for 30/45 mins argh!

And hes waking a bit at noght too where previously he would sttn with one feed!

Im thinking of starting the 2/3/4 routine now that cmas is over with

Just get reflux under control ghen onto the next thing haha

Happy new year everyonexxx

We are pretty much on the 2/3/4 routine since Aiden started fighting his late afternoon nap. He's up at 6am, nap at 8am for 1.5 or 2 hours, nap around 12.30/1pm for 1.5 or 2 hours, bedtime at 6.30pm. He used to have a nap around 4pm for 30 mins but that's such a hassle now as he will fight it like crazy unless he's out in the pram. We are still on 1 night feed around midnight but hope to stop that soon as hes now on 3 small meals a day and 5 8oz bottles over 24hours which seems a lot. The last few days he's been waking up at 5.30am for the day though 😞 tried a 4pm catnap and putting him to bed later than 6.30pm last night but he woke up at 5am this morning and wouldn't go back to sleep..ugghh.

Doh body clocks god damn lol

Ive decided to stick with putting him down every 2 hours for now as yesterday i maged this And he slept 7.30 to 6.30 with 1 feed at 2am. Hes also still only 4 months
Ill try dropping one afternoon nap first

Fingers xd for tonight.

Doh body clocks god damn lol

Ive decided to stick with putting him down every 2 hours for now as yesterday i maged this And he slept 7.30 to 6.30 with 1 feed at 2am. Hes also still only 4 months
Ill try dropping one afternoon nap first

Fingers xd for tonight.

That's probably a good idea at 4 months. Aiden has only just stretched his awake time a little longer at 6 months. Last night was heaven...bed at 6.30pm, woke for feed at 4.30am, straight back to sleep and up at 7.40am. I got some much needed sleep. Hope he does it again or I'd be happy with him dropping the feed and waking up earlier for the day as it throws his nap schedule when he wakes that late. He's never slept that well before. Only changes I've made are removing the blocks from his cot base last night coz he's crawling and changing position a lot now and he's been on 3 meals a day for a couple of days now.

Thats great :) perhaps now hes on solids hes able to sleep longer. I want to wean at 6 months havent a clue how to go about it tho. May try baby rice in a months time in the morning just to get him used to the idea

Does anyone find that the ranitidine stops working in the 4th week of the bottle? I know it expires after 4 weeks but this is the 2nd time I'm noticing an increase in symptoms in the last week while I'm waiting for a new prescription. Today he has refluxed after every formula feed and even after solids (not during) to the point where he's coughing and choking. He's never coughed/choked like this with his reflux in the past, just gulped and cried previously and had more of an irritable cough. This is completely different. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Yes i have heard that happens, he may also need a dose increase with weight gain

Those with lO's on ranitidine how often do you get them weighed and adjust dosage? Caileigh's been on it since beginning of December and it seems to be working but she's not been weighed since starting it.

Interesting to hear its effectiveness seems to decrease after 4 weeks, I need to make an appt with the GP to get her another bottle.

Those with lO's on ranitidine how often do you get them weighed and adjust dosage? Caileigh's been on it since beginning of December and it seems to be working but she's not been weighed since starting it.

Interesting to hear its effectiveness seems to decrease after 4 weeks, I need to make an appt with the GP to get her another bottle.

We have monthly Dr apps and weigh ins. He has been on 1.5mls 3 times a day for a couple of months. The pharmacist told me ranitidine has a 1 month expirey date.

Does anyone find their reflux babies suffer with a lot more colds than usual? I'm not sure if Aiden is having a reflux flare up or 3rd cold in 2 months 😞

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->