• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~*Mamas of Reflux Babies*~

Ty I took him to doc yesterday and he said the thirty minutes wasn't that I portent and most important was him getting it in him. This morning I was more relaxed as I wasn't thinking about the dreaded alf hour, used carpool syringe and did it in my arms so I could tilt him back and it worked well.
I waited 15mins then he was crying so fed him, he's been an angel

A lot of it was him not getting enough sleep , and he's learnt to express himself by thrusting I assume reflux when he's just hungry or sleepy

Thank you so much for your help and so thrilled jadon is doing well too x x

Ty I took him to doc yesterday and he said the thirty minutes wasn't that I portent and most important was him getting it in him. This morning I was more relaxed as I wasn't thinking about the dreaded alf hour, used carpool syringe and did it in my arms so I could tilt him back and it worked well.

A lot of it was him not getting enough sleep , and he's learnt to express himself by thrusting I assume reflux when he's just hungry or sleepy

Yes! I was doing this too! I assumed his clawing and crying and squirming was refluxbut now realise he is getting over tired!
You blame everything on the reflux dont you haha im terrible for it!

He has his jabs today and im dreading it! Xx

Good luck after jabs, mine was awful after the oral rotavix never heard screaming like it, cal pol lol x

Yea these are the second lot. I hated his little face when they jabbed him :(

Was just thinking... Do you thicken your milk? We do but i think he getting constipated now, also the vari flow teats we are using are good but not when he hungry because he drains bottle too quick upsetting his tummy.

Im thinking of going back to a slow flow with no thickener

I don't thicken the neocate just progressed to level 2 on dr brown as he was falling asleep during feeds . Now he's back to guzzling again

My hoy defo needs it thickened tried without, bad idea.
Ive moved to dr brown level 2s now with a slightly thickened feed.
He was guzzling his milk on the x cut tommee tippee making reflux worse!
He doesnt do well with fast flow

Think this suits him best now! Fingers crosed

Jabs have made him flare up a bit :( but hes just had a nice feed with the dr browns, hes resting on my shoulder and im hoping to get him down in a min

Then its time for dominoes pizza :p haha x

Oh and it was the gaviscon causing constipation, he finaly pood on just carobel today :)

I think after 13 weeks i may actualy be getting some where!!

I'm feeling that way too, he's laying flat on his back right now on his fun like a normal happy boy and I could cry he's just sooo perfect

In sad that we had to spend so much time fighting for their meds but so glad we all stood our ground for their happiness

Yes! I was doing this too! I assumed his clawing and crying and squirming was refluxbut now realise he is getting over tired!
You blame everything on the reflux dont you haha im terrible for it!

He has his jabs today and im dreading it! Xx

I've done the same and still do at times. I've found that to be very challenging, the knowing when to do what when! Still, when he demands more milk right after or soon after he's had his bottle, I think his reflux is acting up and he's comfort feeding. He hasn't had much reflux at all since I've figured his formula out but he has started having more and more episodes again so now I find myself doubting every single decision. Drives me bonkers! :wacko:

Were still having issues but on the whole hes getting there. Had a bit of flare up after jabs and hes also teething

Just got some infants friend to try see if that helps

mine just wont sleep in the day, drives me potty, then hes all grumpy then he finally caves at 4 and sleeps for hours
i wish i knew how to get him to sleep

Our LO has had discomfort issues since he's been about 2 weeks old. He does have bad gas so we have been assuming the discomfort (especially at night and during feedings) is caused by gas. It got so bad that we took him to GP and she suspected reflux so we tried zantac (ranitidine) for one week with no results...it continued so we went back last week and she told us to try probiotic drops to help the gas and to keep him on them a week or two to see if that solved the problem. He's been on them a week and while I've noticed a reduction in gas/discomfort caused by gas, he STILL seems unhappy and uncomfortable most of the time (especially during and after feeds and at night). Ive got a nagging suspicion that he DOES indeed have reflux...but then wouldn't the ranitidine have worked?? Has anyone tried it and NOT had it help the reflux? The GP talked about trying Prilosec if the probiotics didn't solve the issue...has anyone any opinions/experiences with Prilosec for reflux?

Also can anyone please tell me their LO reflux symptoms and what medication worked for them?? I will list my LO symptoms below if anyone could offer their opinion on if they think reflux could be the problem. Did ANYONE have sleep issues (mainly a restless sleeper/discomfort during sleep/noisy sleeper) caused by reflux and had medication help their LO sleep? DH does not want our LO on a prescription medication because he thinks its just gas but if it may help him be comfortable during sleep, he may change his mind.

-hiccups 2+ times per day
-gags/chokes several times a day
-SCREAMS (high pitched) as if in pain during/after feeds several times a day
-cries or screams after burping sometimes
-spits up 2+ times a day
-VERY fussy at breast at least 2-3 times a day (starts screaming while feeding then pulls off, wants to relatch, keeps repeating)
-hates laying on his back (we have him sleeping in a rock n play because he refuses to sleep in bassinet)
-extremely restless sleeper (grunts/growls/tosses head/looks so uncomfortable while sleeping-is this a possible reflux symptom??)
-if he is screaming while feeding, he usually stops instantly if I hold him straight upright (he even seems very comfortable straight upright and has fallen asleep within seconds that way!)

^^ just read some of the reflux symptoms on first page of this thread and he also flails/scratches/lashes out quite frequently when he's eating and arches his back almost every times he is burped and tries to throw himself backward

my son was just legs drawn up all the time crying, i thought it was because he was breech but it was reflux, that and neveer being able to put him down

we tried ranitadine worked after 3 days stopped after 10, now we are on omeprazole and neocate and hes really improving, hes now almost 4 months and likes sitting upright on chairs and things so hoping he will grow out of it soon

interesting my paediatrician told us to hold back weaning until 6 months! not what i was expecting him to say at all

Yes we was to hold back weaning till 6 months too!

Jadons took a turn for the worse, progressivly worse since jabs last friday and i think he may be teething too.

Hes on max dose omeprazol for his weight and today is refusing feeds altogether :( i dont know what to do any more, the pead has basicaly said flare up and to grin and bare it :s

Oh no ! I remember the jabs really messing with Tom for a good week. Got them tommorrow . I've got rosy cheeks, now wants to eat every two and half hours instead of three but eats less at feed end up chewing the teat, licking and chomping on toys clothes etc dribbling think he's teething he's 16 weeks tomorrow

Did it mess with his reflux too?
Lots of hiccuping, trapped wind, wet burps, squirming and eating very little...

Yup sounds like teething, jadons chewing and drooling too x

Yes it was like the old days before meds am not looking forward to tomorrow hubby has been ordered to be home early, I've stocked up on teething stuff just in case seems too soon for teething but all the signs are there

Nathan also started teething. Been feeling quite overwhelmed. I hope it passes quickly for your kiddos as well! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->